Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #61
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hitchock's blondes

Hitchcock preferred blondes.

Eva Marie Saint, North by Northwest
Tippi Hedren, Marnie, The Birds
Janet Leigh, Psycho
Madeliene Carrol, The 39 Steps
Joan Fontaine, Rebecca, Suspicion
Doris Day, The Man Who Knew Too Much
Grace Kelly, Dial M For Murder, To Catch a Thief, Rear Window
Kim Novak, Vertigo
Pricilla Lane, Saboteur
Tallulah Bankhead, Spellbound

| | |

| |

| |
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #62
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Searching for the singer in this scene, LUCHA REYES is how I landed on this clip.
Her voice just stops my heart.

I am intrigued to see the whole film.
I am looking for a copy (english subtitles nice but not necessary) should anyone know of one available online.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnILWo1QpK4"]YouTube- LUCHA REYES "PIENSO EN TÍ" (1940)[/ame]

Last edited by Odarlin; 02-22-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Have a hard day saying things right- JEEZ
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #63
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I really enjoyed seeing a PBS special last night about the screwball romantic commedy genre of the 1930's & 1940's. So many great clips of Hepburn, Tracy, Lombard, Monroe, Hudson, day, Grant, plus! Good night at the home cinema!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #64
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hi all, I'm new to BFP...

I love classic movies and hope I can both learn and contribute to this thread. For now I will just read the posts, and hopefully get to know everyone.

A change of heart...since it seems the convo has turned to Billie Wilder - one of my fave directors - I'd like to add, IMO, one of his best: Witness for the Prosecution - great film! Here's a clip from the court scene. Dietrich is being interrogated by Laughton.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-9CSjyA7A&feature=related"]YouTube- Mock Trial - Cross Examination[/ame]
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #65
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, Odarlin...if Lucha Reyes stops your heart, wait until you hear this gal! Enjoy.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hrboHa2wLk"]YouTube- Bandoneon Tango "Besos Brujos" Libertad Lamarque[/nomedia]

Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I successfully posted a vid on my first try, but now can't seem to do it again. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post

Searching for the singer in this scene, LUCHA REYES is how I landed on this clip.
Her voice just stops my heart.

I am intrigued to see the whole film.
I am looking for a copy (english subtitles nice but not necessary) should anyone know of one available online.

YouTube- LUCHA REYES "PIENSO EN TÍ" (1940)

The Following User Says Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #66
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
I love classic movies and hope I can both learn and contribute to this thread. For now I will just read the posts, and hopefully get to know everyone.

A change of heart...since it seems the convo has turned to Billie Wilder - one of my fave directors - I'd like to add, IMO, one of his best: Witness for the Prosecution - great film! Here's a clip from the court scene. Dietrich is being interrogated by Laughton.
YouTube- Mock Trial - Cross Examination
My favorite, as well, on all counts. Welcome classic cinema comrade.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #67
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
My favorite, as well, on all counts. Welcome classic cinema comrade.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #68
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi, Odarlin...if Lucha Reyes stops your heart, wait until you hear this gal! Enjoy.
YouTube- Bandoneon Tango "Besos Brujos" Libertad Lamarque

Ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I successfully posted a vid on my first try, but now can't seem to do it again. Any suggestions? Thank you.
In my experience when a youtube has embedding disabled the link comes up as it did here for you- the link still works, and you did it correctly, it just won't embed. I still post 'em if they're good. People can just click it.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #69
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUmBJt4vXM&feature=related"]YouTube- I Remember You[/ame]
Old 02-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #70
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Cyclopea, thanks for the info and assistance, however, I resolved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
In my experience when a youtube has embedding disabled the link comes up as it did here for you- the link still works, and you did it correctly, it just won't embed. I still post 'em if they're good. People can just click it.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #71
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Cyclopea, thanks for the info and assistance, however, I resolved it.
There was nothing to resolve! lol. That vid had embedding disabled by the person who uploaded it. Have fun!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #72
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaJSL4HbkLA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Angel Eyes[/ame]
Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #73
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Actually, there was...I was just doing it wrong. There was no embedding disabled. My problem was that I thought I had to put brackets or something around the url address in the 'Advanced' box, but that's not so. In any event, I figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
There was nothing to resolve! lol. That vid had embedding disabled by the person who uploaded it. Have fun!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #74
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Default More on Hitchcock

William Wyler is my favorite director, with Hitch second. His daughter, Patricia, made cameo appearances in three films: Psycho, Strangers On a Train and Stage Fright. His wife Alma, edited scripts and gave final approval on many.

Patricia Hitchcock with her dad.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #75
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

'The Member of the Wedding', one of my favorite films. Julie Harris, 27 here, playing a 12 year old girl - and she clinched it!! Not too many can get away with that!! She was nominated for an Oscar, but did not win. IMO, she should have - her performance was outstanding!

Here's my favorite scene from that film - Ethel Waters was magnificent as the housekeeper/nanny.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoCO_1GcoV0"]YouTube- Ethel Waters - Eyes On The Sparrow[/ame]
Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #76
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Actually, there was...I was just doing it wrong. There was no embedding disabled. My problem was that I thought I had to put brackets or something around the url address in the 'Advanced' box, but that's not so. In any event, I figured it out.
yes, it was disabled. nothing you could do would have made that video post.
take care!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #77
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiAnp_fZlYo&feature=related"]YouTube- Splendor in the Grass Pt.12 of 12[/nomedia]
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #78
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Ah, love this film - it was on TCM the other night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #79
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Really WAY BIG WOW!!! Thanks for posting these! This thread is fantastic! Yikes, I bet I am showing my age! Can't help it.... I have no expertise in film history at all, just enjoying all of the stuff people are posting and try to catch specials, etc. about film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Hitchcock preferred blondes.

Eva Marie Saint, North by Northwest
Tippi Hedren, Marnie, The Birds
Janet Leigh, Psycho
Madeliene Carrol, The 39 Steps
Joan Fontaine, Rebecca, Suspicion
Doris Day, The Man Who Knew Too Much
Grace Kelly, Dial M For Murder, To Catch a Thief, Rear Window
Kim Novak, Vertigo
Pricilla Lane, Saboteur
Tallulah Bankhead, Spellbound

| | |

| |

| |
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #80
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Really WAY BIG WOW!!! Thanks for posting these! This thread is fantastic! Yikes, I bet I am showing my age! Can't help it.... I have no expertise in film history at all, just enjoying all of the stuff people are posting and try to catch specials, etc. about film.

Welcome. We'll try to keep it interesting. feel free to share.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: