Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #6401
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My package arrived yesterday and everything is amazing. Thank you to every one who participated. Scavenger hunt sounds good to me.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #6402
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,682 Times in 7,713 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
If this seems like something the majority would like to do, that's great. I think it would be appropriate to ask Besame if she'd like to wrangle as the concept was initially hers. If she doesn't want to right now or is still visiting with her family, then I'd be happy to wrangle the project. I've got time and, thanks to some deep cleaning, a LOT more space to spread the projects out and package them up.

More time could certainly be given, as I think that was something Lyte mentioned. Plus there's nothing going out to the participants so once the scavenger list is posted and everyone is signed up, then folks can start right away on their master pieces.

Another option is having suggestions from participants for what they'd like to see on the scavenger list. It couldn't get out of control with 20 things and I think the items should remain as generic as possible to give the most leeway for everyone when they put things together. Maybe a max of 10 things?

YES! I want to join in.

YES to Besame wrangling if she has time..and if not YES to gemme wrangling!

YES! to max of 10 items! As generic as possible please...

YES to whomever wrangles...PLEASE sign me up when project posted...I haven't been able to do so any other time...THANKS!

YES! Let's go!
Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #6403
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

By scavenger hunt do you mean whoever is wrangling will come up with a list of items each person has to find, collect themselves, and then use to make into some sort of art/craft project? If so, I might be up for that. Especially if, as some are suggesting and I agree with, a little more time to execute is given.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #6404
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Scavenger hunt... interesting! What's then done with the 10 things that are hunted?
Once you've gathered the specific items, you use them in each of the pieces for your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
hello....

The scavenger hunt that I had in mind, to use non-crafty things that could be easily found....newsprint, gum wrapper..etc.

That was my idea then. I'm not visiting family, I have been tied up in inventory prep and that's over!!! Yay!
Does this mean you want to wrangle this now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
By scavenger hunt do you mean whoever is wrangling will come up with a list of items each person has to find, collect themselves, and then use to make into some sort of art/craft project? If so, I might be up for that. Especially if, as some are suggesting and I agree with, a little more time to execute is given.
Personally, I like participation from folks, so if I were doing it, I'd come up with....say 5 and then let the others chime in for the remaining 3 or 4 or 5. But yes, you are correct in the concept. You have a list, you hunt the stuff down and you create!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #6405
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

My package arrived from Gemme's project. I loved everyone's work!!! Wow, each is truly so different! Lots of fun, and thanks, Gemme, as I know this project involves a lot of work for the wrangler!

Looks like we are scavenging next... Either wrangled by Besame if available or someone else if Besame not available.

I'd like to plant a seed in pen-pal-ers minds that I'd like to wrangle a themed post-secret AFTER the scavenging round. No need to discuss now because that will just be confusing, but just please store that in the back of your creative minds, thank you

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #6406
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,521 Times in 10,202 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'd be willing to wrangle a spectacular summer scavenger hunt project!

Give me a couple of days to come up with clear directions. Sign up list can be up as soon as Tuesday if everyone is on board for me to wrangle.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #6407
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I'd be willing to wrangle a spectacular summer scavenger hunt project!

Give me a couple of days to come up with clear directions. Sign up list can be up as soon as Tuesday if everyone is on board for me to wrangle.
Sounds like a plan!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #6408
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
*snip*

I'd like to plant a seed in pen-pal-ers minds that I'd like to wrangle a themed post-secret AFTER the scavenging round. No need to discuss now because that will just be confusing, but just please store that in the back of your creative minds, thank you
I would *LOVE* to join the round you're going to host,
..... for Post Secret.... will it be sometime in August or sometime in early September?

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #6409
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I would *LOVE* to join the round you're going to host,
..... for Post Secret.... will it be sometime in August or sometime in early September?
September-ish. Our rounds usually take approximately a month or so to complete.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #6410
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
September-ish. Our rounds usually take approximately a month or so to complete.
Sounds good, Gemme.
I'll be ready and prepared for the round in September.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #6411
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just opened the box of crafty goodies! Everyone did such a great job! Y'all are so creative! Thank you for everything!

The one thing we might want to do next time... is take pics of the other items we made. I know curious!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2017, 05:30 PM   #6412
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,112 Times in 5,115 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I opened my package today, because I was out of town this weekend. It's so wonderful! Thank you everybody. This round was so much fun!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #6413
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for such great creativity with your latest projects, everyone. Super fun to not only stretch my brain to make them, but also to receive so many awesome pieces of work. Yay! Thank you, also, to Gemme for putting together such fun items for us to use, and for keeping the project moving smoothly and getting it out to us on time.

❤️ & 🎨

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #6414
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

***simply spectacular ***
***summer scavenger hunt project!***

Theme: Summer
Go wild, it could be beach, vacation, cook-out, gardens, ice cream, flip flops, fishing, bike riding, watermelon, sunglasses...just some ideas.

How to make :

Use the following list to create a work of your art on a 3x5 index size card. I'm going to try to make this easy for our newbies that want to join and try their hand. Please go look at some YouTube videos and Google, Art trading cards for some how to's and ideas. I'm selecting a bigger card, due to the fact of some of the things listed on our hunt list. Simple idea...collage style, could work for those first timers. There is no wrong way!

Here is our list:
**Newsprint: newspaper, page from an old book, ad
**Gum wrapper
**Something red
**Texture: fuzzy, bumpy, rough, leathery, soft
**Something seasonal: Xmas, fall, 4th of July, winter (wrapping paper, ribbon, card, gift bag)
**Paint chip: find at Lowes, Home Depot, paint store. Just use a piece.
**String like item: yarn, string, ribbon, rubber band, thread , etc
**Something that looks like metal: button, coin, foil, key, charm..etc
**Shirt tag
**Fruit sticker
**Popsicle stick

You will probably need glue and scissors. Don't neglect any or all your crafting tools or supplies.

Please make one 3x5 card for each person who signs up. ( if your feeling inspired make 2!) Use at least 3 items from the list, or more if you want!

If you have any questions about the list, and you think it falls under a thing on the list, use it! I'm giving you the power!

Specifics:
Projects due back to me by August 19th, and officially late Aug 25th. That's five weeks. Our sign up rules and late rules will apply, the ones that have already been established. (See past posts)
Please list what items you used on the back and sign your work of art!

I hope this inspires some of our newbies to join...looking at Homo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #6415
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Summer scavenger hunt project!!

1. Besame*
2. Clay
And so on....

See post 6418 for all the details.
Let's see some new crafters....wink wink

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 10:45 AM   #6416
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Summer scavenger hunt project!! (wrangled by Besame!)

1. Besame*
2. Clay
3. nycfem / Jennifer
And so on....

Let's see some new crafters....wink wink

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #6417
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Summer scavenger hunt project!! (wrangled by Besame!)

1. Besame*
2. Clay
3. nycfem / Jennifer
4. Gemme
And so on....

I'm #4!!! I'm #4!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 11:50 AM   #6418
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quick question: shirt tag. Do you mean the floppy cloth tag usually attached to the inside at the neck or side or is a price tag also acceptable?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #6419
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Quote:
Quick question: shirt tag. Do you mean the floppy cloth tag usually attached to the inside at the neck or side or is a price tag also acceptable?
Either
I'm giving you the power!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #6420
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

1. Besame*
2. Clay
3. nycfem / Jennifer
4. Gemme
5. FireSignFemme
And so on....

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types