Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fishing Tales !

I thought I would start a Fishing Thread for those of us who love to fish!

River
RiverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE to fish. However i've never caught one. I don't bait my hook, however, one time i put a banana peel on it and i caught a TURTLE. Now this was not just any ole turtle...

This honey pie was 10 foot long and weighed over 100 pounds and yes i threw it back. Scared the suntan oil off me.

Ok maybe he wasn't that big but if people can lie about the size of there...ummm, fish, then i can lie bout the size of my turtle.

Fishing is very fun though, throwing that line out and reeling it back....awww, wonderlishous.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

RiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST ReputationRiverBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Wow! I haven't ever caught a 10' / 100# turtle on a naner peel!! lol
I caught a (about 80#) spoon bill aka paddle fish once. Got it reeled in to the surface, the drop down to the water was about 30 feet so I gaffed it and was pulling it up by a rope... I got it to the top of the fence line and almost ready to get it over the fence and it shook real good and flopped off! I was soooooo sad.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

yay you brought the fishing thread back!!!

Sooooon lots of fishing tales!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh i bet you were sad: ergo the line..."the one that got away". I know that more real fisher types will post in here when they wake up or get online.

Good thread and happy baiting!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

I figured, it's been a few years since my last thread on fishing.. So SURELY we have new stories since then LOL!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_girl View Post
yay you brought the fishing thread back!!!

Sooooon lots of fishing tales!

Did you get any Red Fish and White Shrimp when you were in Louisiana this last time? I want to go to LA and go Red Fishing one day this year.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
When I was little throughout my teens, my Granddad (AKA - The Tank) would take me salmon and steelhead fishing on the Columbia River. Sometimes we went to the Bonneville Dam, and sometimes to a place called Draino Lake.

I would sit quietly in the rocks and listen to the sometimes bawdy stories he and his friends would tell. We had an open faced tent and a kerosene heater for when it was cold and I remember that smell vividly.

The poles were big, set into holders pounded deep into the ground. They had bells on them, so when a fish would strike, not only would you see the pole dip sharply, but the bell would ring and whomever's pole it was would sprint over to "set" the fish and begin the long arduous process of reeling it in while their friends readied the long-handled net to scoop it out once it was close enough to shore.
I have never fished in Oregon. It's so pretty there though. I know I would be in heaven! Your story places me in mind of my attempt at ice fishing in Alberta, Canada. Naturally, me being a back woods, country boi, I thought those people were insane building a fire on a 500ft deep frozen lake. I could hear the water swooshing under the 2 ft layer of ice and cracking and banging noises. Naturally, I had to act all butch and pretend my knees weren't weak LOL! It ended up being very fun though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

I am from Ky so there arent a lot of well known/good places to fish. I didnt get into fishing till i was pregnant then wouldnt bait my hook or take fish off until my son was born...anyway we used to fish all the time. We found this place that was a catch and release lake(pretty much stopped fishing after it closed down),but would take my son fishing all the time bc it was the best catfish and bass fishing EVER!!....once in a pond out in the country he caught like 52 bluegill...now he waqs only 3 and was bank fishing,but it was like "dang boy i cant even get my hook baited.

We had a public place "The Game Farm" we would go to a lot when he was between 3-10. There was the "big" lake for grown ups and the "lower" lake for the 12 and under. I took him there near closing one day(he was 8 i think)--he casts his line in and before we could settle down his pole starts to take off...i grab it,hand it to him,and he is reeling and reeling..giving the fish some line(just like a pro finally he gets it up into the rocks where its kinda outta the water but still can get a little......i swear that damn catfish was 15 lbs easy..Now i dont EVER mess with taking catfish off a line so im off to find a park person(they were making their round to get everyone out by dark) and as we walk back towards my son he is standing there,foot on fish,smiling form ear to ear. The game warden was so impressed he took a pic of my kid with the fish,unhooked it and tossed it back in the lake.

That was a good day!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
I am from Ky so there arent a lot of well known/good places to fish. I didnt get into fishing till i was pregnant then wouldnt bait my hook or take fish off until my son was born...anyway we used to fish all the time. We found this place that was a catch and release lake(pretty much stopped fishing after it closed down),but would take my son fishing all the time bc it was the best catfish and bass fishing EVER!!....once in a pond out in the country he caught like 52 bluegill...now he waqs only 3 and was bank fishing,but it was like "dang boy i cant even get my hook baited.

We had a public place "The Game Farm" we would go to a lot when he was between 3-10. There was the "big" lake for grown ups and the "lower" lake for the 12 and under. I took him there near closing one day(he was 8 i think)--he casts his line in and before we could settle down his pole starts to take off...i grab it,hand it to him,and he is reeling and reeling..giving the fish some line(just like a pro finally he gets it up into the rocks where its kinda outta the water but still can get a little......i swear that damn catfish was 15 lbs easy..Now i dont EVER mess with taking catfish off a line so im off to find a park person(they were making their round to get everyone out by dark) and as we walk back towards my son he is standing there,foot on fish,smiling form ear to ear. The game warden was so impressed he took a pic of my kid with the fish,unhooked it and tossed it back in the lake.

That was a good day!
Catfish can flat cause some pain! I have been attacked by them countless times. They manage to get me every time no matter how careful I am. About 3 weeks ago, I caught one, threw it back in and in mid air, it flipped back and still managed to get me lol!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Fishing??????????? Love it!!!!
Went fishing this weekend with a friend and fished all day. We told our GF's that we would be home after we ran out of bait. That was around 5 pm. I grew up fishing off the coast of California, mainly San Diego. Now that Im down here in Houston I run to Galveston any chance I get or as long as I have gas LOL. I know a few of us are getting ready to celebrate my BD by going out for a 12 hr deep sea outing on the 9th of July. Thats what my GF gets me for my BD
Use to have a real nice 16' Thunderbird Trihull with a 65 hp Johnson and had a fish finder and bait tank.Use to go out to Point Loma in San Diego and fish for Bonita, Yellowtail,and snapper.
Glad you started this thread. OH !! I also brought up a blue crab saturday all the way to the sand before he let go of my squid and scurried back in the water.......
TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #12
melina

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
honey :)
Relationship Status:
very happily taken

melina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputationmelina Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I have always been the person sitting on a blanket reading while everyone else fished - until recently. Riverboi actually taught me how to fish about a week and a half ago and I caught a huge carp and a blue catfish. Now I love it! We are going in the morning tomorrow and I'm not even taking a book with me! lol
melina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to melina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE fishing...sadly, I haven't done so in a while. Thinking I really need to get back to the water.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

A couple of years ago on a trip up to Maine my beloved, her father and I boarded his itty bitty boat stocked with hand lines and caught loads and loads of Atlantic Mackerel. I've fished previously as a youngin, loved it- but had never done so, so primitively. It was amazing! I'd pull my line up and have three or four fish on it - craziness! Sometimes I'd feel a little tug and I happen to be very sure that a certain sneaky seal that was following us was helping herself to my fish.

I've always been interested in the art of fly fishing but have never had the time or where with-all to research it.

In a few months we will be heading back up north to Maine to hang with my in-laws. I'm hoping for another amazing fishing trip!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #15
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The first time I fished, I had a stick and some twine. It wasn't even baited. I was the only one to land a fish that day, too. It was kind of awesome but I really don't like the fishy smell and the slimy feel of worms and most bait, so I'm happy to let my two 'fishing' stories sit right where they are in my memories.

Oh, I did say two, didn't I?

The second one I was putzing around while the family actually fished off a bank. I had a small net. I proceeded to catch a disgusting amount of mutant shrimp and a couple decent sized fish. I can't remember what they were for sure, but I think they were brim.

So, that's all she fished...

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #16
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post
A couple of years ago on a trip up to Maine my beloved, her father and I boarded his itty bitty boat stocked with hand lines and caught loads and loads of Atlantic Mackerel. I've fished previously as a youngin, loved it- but had never done so, so primitively. It was amazing! I'd pull my line up and have three or four fish on it - craziness! Sometimes I'd feel a little tug and I happen to be very sure that a certain sneaky seal that was following us was helping herself to my fish.

I've always been interested in the art of fly fishing but have never had the time or where with-all to research it.

In a few months we will be heading back up north to Maine to hang with my in-laws. I'm hoping for another amazing fishing trip!
I have never used hand lines. I have seen it done.. Although, when you see anyone here in Arkansas with a hand line, it's usually because they don't have a fishing license. Your version, however, sounds really fun. I have one question.... what happens if something huge grabs the other end of the line?? lol
Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #17
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post

I tried to fly fish ONE time. They always make it look so cool and easy. So, I bought me a pole.. started working it at 10am and 1pm positions. The line was feeding out.... and THEN it happened.... I moved my wrist wrong and the line wrapped around and around my neck on the next forward throw LMAO! Thank God only one person saw it. I am sure it was quite hilarious! Never again....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
RiverBoi
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Brother Puddin'
Relationship Status:
Single

Has anyone ever caught an Alligator Gar? What is the strangest fish you have ever caught?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
When I was little throughout my teens, my Granddad (AKA - The Tank) would take me salmon and steelhead fishing on the Columbia River. Sometimes we went to the Bonneville Dam, and sometimes to a place called Draino Lake.

I would sit quietly in the rocks and listen to the sometimes bawdy stories he and his friends would tell. We had an open faced tent and a kerosene heater for when it was cold and I remember that smell vividly.

The poles were big, set into holders pounded deep into the ground. They had bells on them, so when a fish would strike, not only would you see the pole dip sharply, but the bell would ring and whomever's pole it was would sprint over to "set" the fish and begin the long arduous process of reeling it in while their friends readied the long-handled net to scoop it out once it was close enough to shore.
I love the bells idea. Were the bells attached to the poles or somehow to the line? I would love to try this!

Hayden and I fish every year. Since I have been ill this year we haven't been able to get out there and do it.

We should be taking a trip next month for Hayden's birthday. We will be down in the Seaside/Astoria areas. I am looking forward to casting my line in my favorite spot on the Brownsmead slough. I have caught some whoppers there (big mouth bass).

When we are not camping, we fish at Hagg Lake. When we lived in SE Portland we had to get up at about 3am to make it to the lake by sunrise and get our favorite spot. Since we now live in Beaverton, it will make for a much shorter trip.

Hayden has a love/hate relationship with my fishing poles. He can be pretty impatient, casting and re-casting. I have two poles (both are pink!) and I generally pick a spot on instinct and cast once, set it, and put it in the holder. We generally catch our double limit by 10 am there. So, I will never share our prime location! The reason Hayden gets frustrated is because he generally catches one fish to my ten. I think the fish can feel him fidgeting with his pole, but who knows. He does enjoy the excitement of my multiple hits/catches, but would rather he caught more then one or two each time.

Sadly, it is a rare occasion that I actually like to eat the fish we catch. I generally only like it if I can catch it, clean it, and eat it off the campfire immediately. Hayden is not a big fan either. What we end up doing is finding people who love fish, and bring them our catch. In our new community, there is a community pantry and freezer, so we can share them with people anonymously who may be in need.

Wow, I can yap when it comes to fishing! Who knew? Happy casting people!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #20
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Twenty-eight years ago today, my Dad passed away. Although I miss him for many reasons and have oodles of fine memories of a fine human being, fishing with him is at the top of the list.

He taught me to fish at a young age- probably starting at 4-5 or so. We were a camping and fishing kind of family and also did abalone and eel fishing back in the day when the SF Bay was clean and abundant with fish and sea food.

On Saturdays my Dad took me and sometimes my brother (he was a lot older and usually wanted to do teen-guy stuff with his teen-guy friends by then) fishing so my Mom had at least a morning off without kids around. I loved going to our favorite fishing rocks off Tiburon's then working railroad station (this was back when Tiburon was pretty much a dead little place with a couple of local bars and the train station and was completely working class). Of course, we had my Dad’s hunting dog with us (always a German Short-Haired Pointer that he rotated naming Queenie or Junior throughout the years). Queenie Number One went fishing in Tiburon with us in those early days.

Eventually "our rock" had a small deck built around it with a bridge to walk over to it and was proclaimed as a kid's fishing area. My Dad and some of the other neighborhood Dad's built it and there was a small dedication.

The best fishing story for me was when I didn't have my own fishing pole yet (I was about 4-5, I think) and we were on a family camping trip in the Hope Valley area near Lake Tahoe. My Dad picked-up a fairly long willow branch and just attached some line and a hook and sinker with a worm for me to use. I think he was just trying to give something to do so he could fish. BAM- within a minute of my sticking the line down in a craggy area of the brook we were near, I pulled out a big German Brown trout! My Dad almost fell over laughing as I ended up with the biggest fish caught that day. That year, Junior Number One was right there with us taking in some sun shine on the bank. For our next camping trip, I had my own rod, a small tackle box and a spinning reel along with a fishing vest and a net! I was in seventh heaven!!

I think of my Dad often and am so grateful to have wonderful memories of him and our time together doing things like this. I do miss him even now.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: