Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

MODERATION

Tapu,

We're placing you on time-out for a month with the hope that this will give you some time to think about how you can contribute to the community in a positive way. The mod/admin team deems your post to be racist, incredibly insensitive, and not appropriate "humor."

Jennifer
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #122
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

I still cant believe she's gone. My friends and I all stunned.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #123
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveButch View Post
I still cant believe she's gone. My friends and I all stunned.
it does seem so surreal, doesn't it? I smile and think what an awesome and incredibly happy time all those greats of the music industry must be having where they all are....Rock N Roll Heaven...can you just imagine how wonderful the music is? smiling...
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #124
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i never got what was funny.

Whatever. Racist. i am glad that action was taken.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #125
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i never got what was funny.

Whatever. Racist. i am glad that action was taken.
It wasn't funny. Unless you're a racist.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #126
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Calling someone racist is serious business. It was way too soon to be saying such a thing and I get what she was saying even if it was in bad taste and it wasn't funny but I don't think she is racist by a long shot. She's been dealt with now maybe let it rest in peace.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #127
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Well, let me hear how you explain it.
Baiting people like this is not funny.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #128
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
Calling someone racist is serious business. It was way too soon to be saying such a thing and I get what she was saying even if it was in bad taste and it wasn't funny but I don't think she is racist by a long shot. She's been dealt with now maybe let it rest in peace.
Ebon, I agree with you that calling someone a racist is serious business. In the few exchanges I have had with Tapu via rep comments and/or posts, I did not think she was in anyway being offensive toward me in a racist way. I do think all of us can hold racist, homophobic, misogynist ideas, thoughts and actions. Sometimes we are unaware of our stuff because it is subtle or we had never been called on it, yet.

I think Tapu's post was in poor taste and I think Tapu is intelligent enough that at some point she may get it. I also think I did "get it" about the Syrian people being murdered today. Their life is not worthless and yes many of us are very aware of such things.

Sad as it may seem, the Syrian people, their history and astrocities are not imbedded in our conciousness yet, like our pop culture celebrities, and yes they can be our heros too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #129
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't misunderstand what Tapu said. I got her humor all too well, and I don't say anything lightly. She thought she was "turning the tables" so to speak.

People are free to disagree with me or anyone else as to what is racist or not, but I certainly don't throw the term racist around lightly.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #130
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Bully, Ive always respected you and what you post. I UNDERSTAND what you are saying. I get it. But the problem lies in how people "hear" things. What one person might have heard as a joke, offensive or not, another may not have "heard" that same joke. "Jokes" take many forms, but sometimes it is not a joke to someone else. It is just plain hurtful. We cannot always sidestep responsibility by saying, "fuck you it was a joke. Deal with it". People get hurt and get offended whether it was meant to hurt or not. This is just my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I didn't misunderstand what Tapu said. I got her humor all too well, and I don't say anything lightly. She thought she was "turning the tables" so to speak.

People are free to disagree with me or anyone else as to what is racist or not, but I certainly don't throw the term racist around lightly.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #131
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I'm about to watch the Grammy's, and record it just to have the tribute to Whitney my PVR !!!!!!
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #132
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default gives me goosebumps

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #133
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I remember watching Houston sing the Star Spangled Banner sitting on my sofa by myself and tears pouring down my face. Part of this was just the sheer depth of her voice and its power- and the timing after 9/11 and (a friend worked in Tower 1 and lost friends & co-workers- family of mine live in NYC). I was also struck by her wearing the red, white & blue running suit, not because it was those colors, but it really seemed to represent more everyday people in some way. Also, I thought about how her forceful rendition transcended a lot of how so many African Americans can certainly not always feel that our national anthem represents their true experience in this country (or Native Americans- all POC). But she seemed to draw us so close that day as a people hurting as one. Not to mention that it is perhaps the most difficult song for even the very best vocalists to sing and she not only nailed it vocally, but finally (for me, anyway) made it feel like it belonged to us all on a level that felt so much more open. Chilling in more ways than I ever knew. Brought feelings about national pride that actually felt
OK to me for once.

Something else I have been thinking about is her singing "I Will Always Love You"- her signature and written by (and sung by) Dolly Parton. Parton has said that even though she wrote it, it belongs to Whitney Houston.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #134
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Whitney was a beautiful woman and a wonderful singer. Her death at 48 is just tragic.

My thoughts are with her young daughter who is reportedly experiencing significant difficulty in coping with the loss of her mother. I hope she has a strong network of family and friends to help her with this.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #135
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

The tribute last night by Jennifer Hudson almost had me in tears ~ it was beautiful and heartfelt, and Jennifer did a wonderful job
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #136
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
The tribute last night by Jennifer Hudson almost had me in tears ~ it was beautiful and heartfelt, and Jennifer did a wonderful job
She sure did. She did not have much time to put that together and I thought she nailed it.

Considering how much domestic abuse Whitney was subjected to, over and over again. I thought Chris Brown need not have been there. That was disrespectful to Whitney, I thought. Again, my opinion. I didn't give it much thought until he showed up a second time. One less appearance may not have made me think this. If Jennifer Hudson could bring something so wonderful to the show, certainly someone else could have filled a Chris Brown slot. His singing wasn't all that.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #137
Rugged

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE please
Relationship Status:
Single

Rugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST ReputationRugged Has the BEST Reputation

Still can't believe it, but not surprised by hearing it. I was working in Newark, her hometown, when I heard of her passing. I didn't believe it until I passed by the church she used to sing in as a child. I saw a line of people putting candles and flowers by the gate. On the radio, Whitney sang her heart out during a celebration of her life. Still can't understand it.... Finally, Whitney is at peace.
Rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rugged For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #138
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

R.I.P. Whitney, I will always love you , I grew up on your music . I just wish that media would stop dissecting your life and stopped mulching from your death . You were the icon and you stand by your man no matter what . It's disgusting to me a comments on the Internet about you by people faceless behind a monitor . We all have our demons , but we are not public figures . Love you and I am wishing your daughter and family a privacy . God bless .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #139
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tonight 9pm EST

http://www.oprah.com/own/Oprah-Remem...ey-Houston?own

Oprah's 2010 interview with Whitney aired on OWN

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #140
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
http://www.oprah.com/own/Oprah-Remem...ey-Houston?own

Oprah's 2010 interview with Whitney aired on OWN
Ooops, sorry, it is tomorrow night.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: