Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boston Marathon bombings.......

I have to say something........I'm surprised this is the first thread.........

my bet is domestic origins......

peaceful and understanding thoughts to all the family and friends....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

I am too. I know scorp and ladiivina are okay. I thank the latter is Julie's screen name
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Nor sure who else is in Boston but I hope all are okay
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

“There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”

~ Dalai Lama XIV
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Glued to the tube. Knot in my stomach. As it is, every time.

Loving and healing thoughts sent to all of those involved and to our country.

princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, I'm tired of watching the news and seeing how graphic the news channels are being, trying to out do each other in gore. That said, I think it's too early to say that this is one kind of terror or another. Too much is still going on and until things settle down enough will they find out who is responsible. The NY Post earlier claimed that a Saudi was under guard at one of the hospitals and believed to be a suspect.

I think it may be better to figure out how we can help (e.g. blood donations, $$ donations) than anything else.

I posted this on my FB and post it here for others:

If you are trying to find out about missing loved ones, please call 617-635-4500. You can also use Google's person finder if you're looking for someone or have information: http://upwr.me/116NRcO.

If you saw or know anything about the bombings, please call 1-800-494-TIPS.

And if you've been triggered into stress by these events, please make a free call to the Disaster Distress Line: 1-800-985-5990.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Boston Marathon, it looks like they found two other devices that have been located and are either being dismantled or are dismantled. I am so sickened by the news, and the possibility of any additional devices that have not been found.

I moved this from the Breaking News thread...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Toughy, I have to aree with you or say it is possibly a lone wolf. Pipe bombs, really?! Very primitive (but deadly) and nothing I would associate with an organized group. They will catch this/these morons but it will never compensate for the loss of life or life altering injuries that have been incurred.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I have to say something........I'm surprised this is the first thread.........

my bet is domestic origins......

peaceful and understanding thoughts to all the family and friends....
I don't know if it's domestic or international terrorism but they were definitely "small scale" bombings - meant to draw attention (international attention), not meant for mass casualties. It seems likely the bombs were placed in trash cans on the sidewalks, which is also indicative small attention getting/statement making terrorist acts.

It goes without saying that any causalities and injuries are horrific regardless of the quantities.

But if the bombers/bombing organizations wanted to cause mass casualties the bombs would have gone often earlier (at the height of the race), would have been much bigger, and likely in bigger targets (like the Prudential Center).

There have been reports out that both the start and finish lines of the race had bomb sniffing dogs and a much higher (and notable) police presence and that race organizers and volunteers stated their presence was "just a drill".

It's terrible regardless of who committed the act.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I don't know if it's domestic or international terrorism but they were definitely "small scale" bombings - meant to draw attention (international attention), not meant for mass casualties. It seems likely the bombs were placed in trash cans on the sidewalks, which is also indicative small attention getting/statement making terrorist acts.

It goes without saying that any causalities and injuries are horrific regardless of the quantities.

But if the bombers/bombing organizations wanted to cause mass casualties the bombs would have gone often earlier (at the height of the race), would have been much bigger, and likely in bigger targets (like the Prudential Center).

There have been reports out that both the start and finish lines of the race had bomb sniffing dogs and a much higher (and notable) police presence and that race organizers and volunteers stated their presence was "just a drill".

It's terrible regardless of who committed the act.

I agree. With 20,000 official runners and thousands of spectators at the starting line, and other more populated areas along the route, this could have been catastrophic.

The news reports are getting so redundant now, I can recite them verbatim.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Regardless of who did it it was an act of terror. Foreign or domestic. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. Our own family has folks from Boston, and is a runner. We do not know if he ran today, and are patiently waiting for word. Will wait patiently for word of the perp when it is verified.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Toughy, I have to aree with you or say it is possibly a lone wolf. Pipe bombs, really?! Very primitive (but deadly) and nothing I would associate with an organized group. They will catch this/these morons but it will never compensate for the loss of life or life altering injuries that have been incurred.
The profiling I've seen of the perpetrator(s) so far is interesting and all over the place. CNN and the NY Post are both reporting that the devices were remotely detonated. If this is true, I wouldn't describe that work as "primitive".

Regardless of who the guilty party may be, it's important to remember that they don't represent the beliefs and actions of the majority of people- no matter who they claim to identify with. I've seen so many ugly accusations flying around today. It makes me so tired.

Prayers for all affected. Violence has no place in a civil society.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

My heart, thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Boston right now.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

It wasn't fun getting on the subway tonight after watching the news at my desk at work. There were a lot of cops on the platform. I work a block from the World Trade Center. I expect there will be a certain amount of increased security in that neighborhood tomorrow. I said to myself, when I heard the news, It's begun. Of course, it began a long time ago.

I can't imagine how people in Boston must feel. They must be wondering if their city is about to become Haifa or Tel Aviv or Kabul or London or Belfast.

This morning I read an op-ed piece in the New York Times that made me cry. A man who has been detained at Guantanamo for 11 years, along with about 40 others, is holding a hunger strike, and he wrote about being force fed so brutally he's vomiting blood.

The news isn't his treatment, the news is that news of his treatment broke through to the Times op-ed page. That's what the media is talking about.

And now whatever huge strategic victory that op-ed piece represented for that man and others held for a decade or more without a trial or even being charged, it's now overshadowed by the attack in Boston, and I am wondering if, in fact, the bombing in Boston has triggered even more brutal treatment of the people there.

So that's what I'm thinking about. That and the parents of the 8-year-old who died in the bombing today in Boston.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Saw this on Twitter - people offering shelter to those stranded in Boston with no place to go or stay: I have a place to offer -- in case anyone here is in contact with friends/family in Boston who need a soft place to land.

And Google person finder can help find loved ones or report that someone is with you.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #16
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Martin Richard, 8

Martin Richard was standing near the finish line, waiting for his father to complete the grueling Boston Marathon on Monday, when an explosion took his life.

He was 8 years old and in the third grade.

Neighbor Jane Sherman told WCVB that Martin was a typical little boy, who loved to ride his bike and play baseball.

Martin's mother, Denise, was hospitalized with "grievous injuries," The Times of London reported. She reportedly underwent surgery late Monday for an injury to her brain.

His 6-year-old sister, a first grader whose name was not made public, lost her leg in the blast, WHDH reported.

The status of his father, William, has not been released. A third child was reportedly unharmed in the explosion.

The Richard family hails from the Ashmont section of Dorchester, Mass.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~ it seems to me that the bombs were placed as the crowd gathered ~ or they would have been seen in plain sight ~ there was security at the bombing site ~ I agree w/ u all ~ domestic ~ if the word to bomb came from a terrorist organization ~ they succeeded in finding a domestic sick bastard to carry out the fatal task ~ they have an apartment in Revere, ma. in question ~ wich is right out of Boston by 7 miles approx. ~
Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

I tell you I can't imagine what the families are going through. I had to sit on this before i could comment. I am a easy going person but like everyone else this went straight to my heart. and then my anger came out. Damn. So unbelievable. But I had stated in a post in here I was supposed to be there and I wanted to for the first time watch the runners come in instead of watching them run by my place (where I used to live) But someone did not come through with money they owed me. So..yeah i am thankful I did not go. But still feel so much pain for those people that lost their lives and their families. I had a hard time with things like this because I lost a friend who was kinda like a mother in the Killeen TX Luby's restaurant massacre she had taken her daughter and new granddaughter to lunch and the gunman came in and just started randomly shooting people unfortunately even when they tried to hide. He went under tables shooting people who were hiding too. So he found her under the table shielding her daughter and granddaughter and he bent down and shot her point blank in the head. Killed instantly. For awhile I did not want to go anywhere. I struggled with it. But eventually time helped with that. So now with me I feel I will not let ANY terrorist terrorize me from living my life as usual. I still plan on marching in the Gay Pride march & I plan on going to the hemp festival in Boston ( If they are not cancelled) Oh believe me I am not hiding from anyone. EVER. God Bless Boston.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I sometimes wonder about humanity that someone could/would do this awfull thing to anyone,any type of violence to anyone is and always will be wrong nomatter how its done or where.It takes at biggest coward to have done this sort of thing,who ever you are out there that did this or had any part in doing this is one sick mofo in my opinion,AS an American and part of this country I refuse to take this anymore.Who ever you are You wont get away with this,I garentee that justice will be on you like nothing ever before,you may hide but weather in this life or the next you will pay for this at the time of reconing.Yes,I am pissed about this big time right along with a whole lot of other people.I take heart that I do know that 99.9% of us are good folks who wouldnt do a thing to harm a soul.I pray the FBI finds the culprit soon before he/she/ they do anymore damage to someone.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Boston

Tonight when the sun goes down I will do pipe ceremony and send my prayers up in smoke this is how I was taught to pray. I offer my prayers to everyone in Mass and ask everyone to take 5 minutes and say a prayer. I am going to share a Native Prayer with you. "Oh Great Spirit I raise my pipe to you. To your messengers the four winds,and to Mother Earth. Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love,to respect and to be kind to each other. So that they may grow with peace in mind"