Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up I was always the outsider never felt like I fit or that I was wanted. For a long time I wanted to be a boy in the worst way because it seemed to me that my brother and my step brothers got the attention and I was the outsider looking in. Then as I got older it got worse got teased in school for the way I walked and the fact that I was chunky and well just aquward.. isolated and felt left out most of the time like the ugly duckling hated my body hated how I looked pretty much everything about me I hated. and wondered what I could do to change that. never felt like I was worth much and I had turned to cutting at one point.. there is so much I want to express but I can not seem to find the words
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2015, 04:50 AM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I found this article this morning.

A series of photos of a woman in her workout wear is inspiring men and women across the internet to remember 'We aren't Barbies.'

Q13 Fox reports, The photos, which can be seen here, were posted on IMGUR and Reddit under the name SomewhereUnderWater and titled 'reality check.'

The four photos show the woman in different poses highlighting certain areas of her body.

"We aren't Barbies. We are made of flesh and blood," said the user. "These are all the same body - my body. I have worked hard for this body and I am proud of this body."

She referenced how people are constantly surrounded by images of their "friends highlight reel" that doesn't always show reality. In her photos, she says it's good to see a little reality to keep realistic expectations.

"No matter where you are on your body's journey, be proud and love yourself. Make goals because you love your body not because you hate it," she wrote.

After the photo went viral, she returned to the post to write an update after all of the positive messages it received. She said she was inspired to do the photo set after seeing an article on a blog that changed her "unrealistic expectations" of her own body. The post helped her realize that even fit and healthy people struggle with body image.

"We all struggle with body image, we are all in this together!" she wrote.

The woman says the most important thing is we that we love our bodies by taking care of them. "We won't always like everything that they do, or the path they have gone down or everything that happens to them but we do have to love them (like family)," she said.

Since it was posted, the photo has been viewed nearly a million times and has received praise from hundreds of commenters.

"Thank you! As someone who has lost a ton of weight, it's hard to be happy with the new me when I see my belly not super flat all the time," said KittyLaStrange.

"Thanks for this, especially the photos on the right," said Hanakimi. "People never show those angles, and it's just very...real. And Awesome. You're awesome."

As she says, we aren't Barbies. We're flesh and blood and we're not perfect. I think this is so important for folks to see. Even those that have bodies that we might covet aren't perfect in every position or light. Our perceived flaws make us human.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

"Perfect Body"

Youtube fitness star takes critics advice and shows what her 'perfect' body would look like. This didn't change anything. People praised her for her dedication (even though it was obviously an unhealthy ideal) and others still criticized her saying she was still 'too fat'. Sad. We can't win.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #24
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default True Style is Self-Acceptance: StyleLikeU’s Mission

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 06:01 AM   #25
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Melissa Harris Perry - NYT slammed for Serena 'body image' story

NYT slammed for Serena 'body image' story

Melissa Harris Perry, Kavitha Davidson, Jason Page and Donna de Varona discuss the New York Times profile on Serena Williams which focuses on her body rather than professional career. Duration: 10:10
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 01:14 AM   #26
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i had not thought about this!

My mother was always a small petite woman, but always thought she was overweight. i don't ever remember a time where she was not talking about it.

Once she was on some diet pills, and was so doped up she was scrubbing the bathroom tile with a toothbrush in the middle of the night.

She always said she " needed to lose weight" She would fast all week and binge on the weekends.

Today she is nearly 80 and talks about her extra weight...

i never thought about the fact that i may have inherited some body shaming issues from some of this.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2017, 03:02 AM   #27
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Childhood was hell for body image. Began to develop secondary sex characteristics when I was 8. My brother embarrassed me when in the den with all family present by pointing out and teasing me for wearing my first training bra.

Felt mortified when starting menses at age 9.
Was fully developed by 11 with a high sex drive for grown men (18-25).
Most of my peers were way behind.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #28
Contradictor

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers

Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation

I was thin until I was moved to a different school aged 7. I was very shy and quiet and I couldn't deal with the change. I began eating for (in hindsight) comfort. I got fat. I weighed 10st aged 10. I hated myself and my Mother hated me for it. I was always strong and I decided to embrace my 'bigness' and take care of younger slighter girls who had problems .My size became me.
Aged 15 I met a girl who I became best friends with, I was dying to be slimmer and she was, so I began to eat like her. I copied her diet. In time, if I didn't spend time with her i didn't eat-reasoning I didn't know what she'd eaten that day. Sometimes I'd figure it out if she told me over the 'phone in conversation sometimes not.
I developed anorexia. I loved being slight and small. I loved the feeling of being tiny.
Time went on I recovered but it took about 8 years in total and then I embraced my frame and started training. I realised my bodybuilder Dad's indoctrination of 'be strong' and my Mother's of ' be thin' weren't me-I wanted to be strong but I didn't want it to become me. I found I put muscle on very easily and I adored that. (guess I had my Dad's genes!) but then I injured myself.
My body image has been a reflection of someone else's ideal most of my life and today I am just thankful that I've decided as long as I am healthy it doesn't really matter. And I feel triumphed that above missing being slim, I miss my strength. but I run and I look after myself and I try my best to help other younger women who struggle as I did.
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 02:33 AM   #29
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

In our family many women are voluptious to say not fat of course some are diffent thiner or taller so i don't like to make fun of overweighed person.But for me i don't know why or when i pay attention to my weigh and do take mesure to rectify the little fat who comes i don't want to have a top model body but i like to be happy when i see myself in the mirror or when i'm trying clothes for now i'm in phase with my body
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #30
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

My mom ate celery and carrots and some form of protein for lunch every damn day - for my entire life. I never recall her gaining weight or losing. She was 5'4" and around 128 pounds - always.

I grew up drinking skim milk which my mom and dad both drank when they got me. My brother (younger) got whole milk. Anyone else seeing the first lesson?

We had Diet Rite in the house, nothing with sugar in it. On the rare occasions she'd make cookies, she noticed how many I took.

My parents had ice cream for dessert every night. After age 11, I'd get a disapproving look from my mother when I requested dessert.

"You'd be so attrative if you'd lose some weight." Words my mom spoke to me frequently.

And if you need a reason to be unattractive to men (because you don't know there are women to love,) being fat is perfect.

What I really want to know, is with all of this knowledge, will I ever decide to lose weight? My knees say they hope so.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:58 AM   #31
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Ever since the age of 8, I was forced to wear a bra, resulting in more teasing, aside from weight and a bright carrot-top! Add to all these starting menstruation at the beginning of 3rd grade. Anyone reading wonder why I had/have gender dysphoria?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 08:35 AM   #32
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

My mom constantly talked about how fat she was and watched our eating like a hawk, frequently refusing to give us snacks when we complained of hunger because the snack we wanted would make us fat.

My weight was policed and commented on by both parents starting in middle school, especially my stomach. There is a photo of my on the last day of 8th grade and i look like a rail but i was already convinced i was fat.

I am 5'8" and never weighed above 150 until age 40, i went up over 150 at age 40 during weight restoration, after i had been diagnosed with anorexia at a weight of 113. I relapsed in 2013 and now my weight is usually unknown but hovers at 5-10 pounds above the relapse zone.

During the period that i looked my most skeletal my sister, my grandmaw, and two of my aunts took me aside and expressed concern, but neither of my parents ever said a word.

The comment that really sticks with me these days was not about me, though, but about my niece, at age TWO.

It was our first day even meeting my niece, who had been brought home the day before from a Russian orphanage, where she slept sideways with two other babies in her crib, and ate every meal sitting in a semicircle of six highchairs with one caregiver shoveling one bite of cereal into each mouth, over and over in rotation.

She was more than a little bit feral at this point, and my sister was keeping her calm-- for her first introduction to three tall strangers-- by feeding her Teddy Grahams. She would have one in her mouth and one in her hand and hold out her other hand so she could keep a steady supply. My sister remarked on this and my mom said "Be careful. You don't want her to end up obese."

My sister explained that she was prioritizing keeping the baby calm for the moment and promised that she would not let her get fat.

I just-- after what that baby had been through? After eating every meal on an assembly line, having to wait in line for each single bite? The ability to hoard an extra cookie in each hand all to herself would have been amazing. And my mom was policing that, and on such a special day