Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tell the Truth: Renaming Headline News Stories.

Hey everyone, here is a new forum thread to actively speak truth to power, where it concerns cutural issues in society, anywhere.

I saw the headline news story on CNN which spoke to the death of a highly recognized person in American society who has basically promoted hatred of anything which is not in alignment with its brand of hate.

I think one way to tackle White Privilege, Racism and the ensuing rise of White Supremacy is to call it out for what it is, so that horrible behavioral choice is named for what it is. That way, in similar fashion as depriving you-know-who of any oxygen to thrive on or exist, is quashed by social rejection of such heinous behavioral choices.

Here is the CNN news story: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/media...ary/index.html

Here is what I think the title of news story should be:

White Supremacist Who Steered Racist Hate Movement Finally Dead After 79 years of Filling The Radio and TV Airwaves with Toxic Hate.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 02-17-2021 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typo correction
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2021, 08:56 PM   #2
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

After facing backlash, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is expected to be back in Texas Thursday after flying to Cancun on Wednesday as millions of Texans boil their water and struggle to heat their homes

Cruz went for a long-planned trip but was expected to return almost immediately, the Associated Press reported. The noise of Cruz’s trip sparked backlash and left many criticizing the Republican lawmaker for leaving Texas while its residents go through an unprecedented crisis.

Original headline
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz expected to return after trip to Cancun amid statewide power outage
Renamed headline
Cruz says "Shit I'm SO busted, now I have to go back to Texas and freeze with the rest of the peons!"
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:34 AM   #3
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
After facing backlash, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is expected to be back in Texas Thursday after flying to Cancun on Wednesday as millions of Texans boil their water and struggle to heat their homes

Cruz went for a long-planned trip but was expected to return almost immediately, the Associated Press reported. The noise of Cruz’s trip sparked backlash and left many criticizing the Republican lawmaker for leaving Texas while its residents go through an unprecedented crisis.

Original headline
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz expected to return after trip to Cancun amid statewide power outage
Renamed headline
Cruz says "Shit I'm SO busted, now I have to go back to Texas and freeze with the rest of the peons!"
The Root had a nice headline on this: After Throwing His Wife, His Dad, His State, His Country, His Name, and His Nuts Under the Bus, Ted Cruz Throws His Daughters There, Too.

This isn’t thread compliant, but I thought it was worthy of a mention.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
The Root had a nice headline on this: After Throwing His Wife, His Dad, His State, His Country, His Name, and His Nuts Under the Bus, Ted Cruz Throws His Daughters There, Too.

This isn’t thread compliant, but I thought it was worthy of a mention.
Why is it whenever these jackasses get caught, their first line of defense is lying or attempting spin control INSTEAD of just fessing up?!
Old 02-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Headline.........

Ivanka Trump has no plans to challenge Marco Rubio for Senate in Florida in 2022.

WASHINGTON — Ivanka Trump, daughter to former President Donald Trump and one of his top advisers in office, will not seek the Florida Senate seat held by Marco Rubio in 2022, according to reports. Trump, whose family's move to Florida fueled speculation she would run for state office, spoke with Rubio and offered her support for his re-election, Rubio's spokesperson told the New York Times.

"Marco did speak with Ivanka a few weeks ago," Rubio spokesperson Nick Iacovella told the Times. "Ivanka offered her support for Marco's re-election. They had a great talk." USA TODAY has requested comment from Rubio's office.

Truth in telling headline:

Ivanka Realizes She Didn't Have A Snowball's Chance in Hell of Winning.