Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #161
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

On another note.......

This in today's news:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...in-combat?lite

Personally, I knew of/served with a handful of Women Marines who, IMHO, could have held their own in combat. One friend of mine used to work down at the base Motor Pool and she could carry a bus tire under each arm. She was tough as nails, strong as an ox and meaner than a snake, too!!! I think she could have made the grade, though I also knew some who wouldn't have been able to hack it.

What say you all?? Opinions???

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #162
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumaqueen View Post
Nice to find this thread!

Army 1998-2009

HOOOO AH Army!!!!

Welcome and THANK YOU for your service!!!!

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #163
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
On another note.......

This in today's news:

Personally, I knew of/served with a handful of Women Marines who, IMHO, could have held their own in combat. One friend of mine used to work down at the base Motor Pool and she could carry a bus tire under each arm. She was tough as nails, strong as an ox and meaner than a snake, too!!! I think she could have made the grade, though I also knew some who wouldn't have been able to hack it.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~

"For years, women in the military, and outside groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union, have argued that women already serve on the front lines but are not recognized for it. Women constitute 15 percent of the active-duty military."

It is about time. I have come to realize through many Toughy posts, indeed it is the military that has lead the way for many advances in equality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #164
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,031 Times in 418 Posts
Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
On another note.......

This in today's news:

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
I think if you can do your job it shouldn't matter. It will be interesting to see how many sign up for 11 Bravo school. I'd be more interested in other more technical combat arms like FA or Air Cav. I suspect you'll see more women there than Infantry.

You know, it is easy to get nostalgic over the romantic notion of high speed - low drag infantry but hey....y'all remember doing this?

That was me......."I can't see, I can't see" and bouncing off a tree.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #165
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsong View Post
I think if you can do your job it shouldn't matter. It will be interesting to see how many sign up for 11 Bravo school. I'd be more interested in other more technical combat arms like FA or Air Cav. I suspect you'll see more women there than Infantry.

You know, it is easy to get nostalgic over the romantic notion of high speed - low drag infantry but hey....y'all remember doing this?

That was me......."I can't see, I can't see" and bouncing off a tree.
My hat is off to all of you.

Not only did I feel claustrophobic watching it but think I started to wheeze a little!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #166
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

That was me......."I can't see, I can't see" and bouncing off a tree. [/FONT]

Don't forget the long strings of snot pouring from your nose and mouth. Everything with a mucus membrane was wringing with it....eyes, ears, nose, mouth....everything.

~Theo~
The Following User Says Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #167
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Don't forget the long strings of snot pouring from your nose and mouth. Everything with a mucus membrane was wringing with it....eyes, ears, nose, mouth....everything.

~Theo~
Those were the days! We laughed we cried, then threw up... Good times. Thankfully over.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #168
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

~Theo~
I am still amazed that there is that much packed in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Those were the days! We laughed we cried, then threw up... Good times. Thankfully over.
Yup yup glad we can laugh about it now......it was not so funny at the time
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #169
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post

Ya, I'm not sorry I did it, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

For us, I think this about says it all:

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #170
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

I wish I had been a little wiser, I wasted a lot of opportunities. I should have never, ever, ETS'd. That was one of the biggest inner turmoil's that I'd ever experienced in my life. That argument with myself to re-up or get out to go to college went on for an entire year. If there was anything I'd ever been born to do it was career Army. I knew though that in spite of the fact the military claims you can go to college while your on active is an option, it really is not. There was no way I was ever going to pass some of my courses and do the things that I was expected to do. I figured I'd gone in the Army to go to college and I needed to do the right thing and actually go to college. Ah well I have a degree.....and a commission.....which I likely would not have gotten if I stayed in. (OCS was not really on my radar while on active). The Reserves and the Guard were good to me but it was never really the same.

I think opening combat arms will open opportunities for women. If I was a kid now I'd go in and stay considering the economy. I don't know. You guys know that I have 2 buddies, Tim and Steve, that I got commissioned with that have spent the entirety of their adult lives at war? Literally from the 1st grain of sand in Desert Shield. They both recently came home for good safely and amazingly in one piece. I just don't know how you would assimilate to a civilian life after that. I ETS'd in February and by the following spring I was enrolled in college. That was the most miserable few months of my life. I didn't know how to be a civilian. I can't help but think about the kids now that have been stuck in this cycle for some real time. I think that it will change an entire generation in terms of how women view themselves, conduct their lives, and raise their children.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #171
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Daughters and moms now consider rape before applying to military

To be honest this never entered my thinking, at least, not from our own. It did occur to me while we were training pre-deployment to Desert Shield that this was something that could happen at the hands of local civilians, allied military members, and, of course, enemy combatants.

Thankfully, I never knew anyone that was attacked or even heard of it happening in our battalion or the combat arms battalions we were supporting. There was ALOT of hanky panky going on among the married hetero group. It was high comedy (and ok that kind of vile disgust that you feel watching Jerry Springer) to watch who's door is opening and closing through the night, tip-toeing their walk of shame, while on CQ.

It isn't the same Army though. I'm not certain that the 17 year old Wolf today would make the same decisions that 17 year old Wolf did then.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #172
BoDy*ShOt

How Do You Identify?:
Queer. Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl ones

Thanked 2,096 Times in 532 Posts
BoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST ReputationBoDy*ShOt Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you T! I'm officially in the VA system now .. and adore the Minneapolis hospital!! On the top of my ME to-do list is get applied.. and I did find an advocate group to help w it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Apply whenever you want. I was in during the 70's and did not start my service connection stuff until about 2 years ago. I got caught in the backlog, however....they all the sudden are scheduling appointments and sending papers. It seems my case was transferred to another Regional Office...Lincoln NE for me....other folks I know have had their case sent to Oklahoma City. Things are looking up!

(The Oakland VA Regional Office (the worst backlog in the country) farmed out hundreds in not thousands of their backlog claims to other VA Regional Offices.)

Go to your local Vet Center Office and they can help you out. Some states also have advocates to help you file the claim.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #173
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

New Study: Transgender People Face Substantial Discrimination in Military Service

Press Release
August 1, 2013

“Despite the repeal of ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,’ this study highlights the ongoing discrimination faced by transgender people who have served in the military,” said Herman. Nine percent of those who served reported that they were discharged on account of being transgender or gender non-conforming.

The study will be published in the forthcoming issue of the LGBTQ Public Policy Journal at the Harvard Kennedy School.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.ed...es/1-aug-2013/
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #174
Dykea

How Do You Identify?:
I wear garters under my Carhartts
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single as fuck

Dykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm the ONLY Coastie!!!

So the CG get's NO RESPECT [[especially from squids and jarheads]] LOL
I'm a Coast Guard Vet... I have a 2 daughters active duty, a son just graduating from CG Basic and another Philistine daughter enlisting, leaving for Basic in January.

MY master plan??
To take over the Coast Guard.

Last edited by Dykea; 08-27-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: i don't want to offend squids and jarheads
Dykea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dykea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #175
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykea View Post
So the CG get's NO RESPECT [[especially from squids and jarheads]] LOL
I'm a Coast Guard Vet... I have a 2 daughters active duty, a son just graduating from CG Basic and another Philistine daughter enlisting, leaving for Basic in January.

MY master plan??
To take over the Coast Guard.

Aw don't let those guys call you a bath tub sailor......your mission is bad ass. I'd be puking in my boots at the first set of 20' waves.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #176
Dykea

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single as fuck

Dykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Aw don't let those guys call you a bath tub sailor......your mission is bad ass. I'd be puking in my boots at the first set of 20' waves.
Hahaha!! Bathtub Sailor, Puddle Pirate... Baby Navy?? I've heard them all.

But which Branch of the Services has TWO of their own popular reality TV Shows?? Yea.. Coast Guard.

No one gives a SHIT about the CG, until your ass is hanging onto a floating piece of busted up shit that use to be BOAT or a HOUSE w/40 knot winds!! lol

THEN were fucking Wonder WOMAN in a invisible plane!!
lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dykea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #177
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

One of my friends was a Coastie, he worked the hook.

As a sailor, they are da BOMB!

Has needed a tow or two in my lifetime.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #178
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a U S Army military Intelligence vet <<<<

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #179
Dykea

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single as fuck

Default Please give me a second to brag...

First of all with the fun *jabbing* aside between all the [[grunts, jarheads, squids, blue shirts and someday another fellow coastie -- not to soon, i enjoy my loan spot]]
Military Branches...

I want to thank ALL of my fellow Service Members for serving their country. Whether you ID as lez, femme, butch, dyke, queer or tg...

We were closeted in a dominate male environment and only we know the good w/the bad that we lived with daily.

With the media and Pentagon attention on rape in the Military and people NEVER listening to those who lived w/this issues I am proud to announce that my middle daughter who is a 3rd CPO in the CG, just informed me she is now a Sexual Assault Prevention Representative for District 5.

I could NOT be more proud that one of MY Philistines [kids] is going to be part of the SOLUTION.

SEMPER PARATUS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dykea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 04:41 AM   #180
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykea View Post
First of all with the fun *jabbing* aside between all the [[grunts, jarheads, squids, blue shirts and someday another fellow coastie -- not to soon, i enjoy my loan spot]]
Military Branches...

I want to thank ALL of my fellow Service Members for serving their country. Whether you ID as lez, femme, butch, dyke, queer or tg...

We were closeted in a dominate male environment and only we know the good w/the bad that we lived with daily.

With the media and Pentagon attention on rape in the Military and people NEVER listening to those who lived w/this issues I am proud to announce that my middle daughter who is a 3rd CPO in the CG, just informed me she is now a Sexual Assault Prevention Representative for District 5.

I could NOT be more proud that one of MY Philistines [kids] is going to be part of the SOLUTION.

SEMPER PARATUS!

Hoo Ahh........

Boy those witch hunts of old could stop your heart couldn't they? They always seemed to happen in the next company over to mine or somewhere close enough to my door step that it felt like I was next. I dunno what I was so scared of......what were they gonna do? Bend my dog tags and send me home? It felt like so much more then.

I can't even imagine what it was like for our WWII era brothers and sisters where being homosexual could earn you a vacation out in Leavenworth. Now THAT would be scary!