Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 08-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #361
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
If you like this sort of stuff, check out Where the Heart Is

Currently revisiting House, Scrubs & S.o.A
A couple of seasons into 30 Rock....love it!
A couple of seasons into Parks and Recreation...can't make my mind up about it but keep going back to it occasionally anyway.

Watched The Inbetweeners film couple of nights ago and hooted with laughter. Not sure the very Brit, school-boy humour would translate well for you lot.

I'm deep procrastination so have also recently watched a shed load of docs. on youtube about tattooing, prisons and building guitars/ukes
Natch' I put this right in my queue. Of course there was listed a US version (shudder). When will the US concede that the brits do a helluva lot better job with tv, especially if it involves humor?

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #362
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Natch' I put this right in my queue. Of course there was listed a US version (shudder). When will the US concede that the brits do a helluva lot better job with tv, especially if it involves humor?

The Inbetweeners started as a telly show on Channel 4 with several seasons under it's belt. Well worth checking it out too.

I watch predominantly US made tv oddly.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #363
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default From my DVD que

Nothing like a good classic just finished the 1973 The Exorcist: The Extended Director's Cut

Each time I watch this I end up with a new favorite part. Wonder if it has to do with the age I am at time of watching it
Old 08-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #364
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,101 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalWolfsBlade View Post
Nothing like a good classic just finished the 1973 The Exorcist: The Extended Director's Cut

Each time I watch this I end up with a new favorite part. Wonder if it has to do with the age I am at time of watching it
The 70s was a great decade for movies. Some of my favorites are from those years. I haven't watched this one in ages and have never seen the director's cut. Will add it to my queue.

I'm not always crazy about the director's cut. Have you seen Coppola's cut of The Godfather trilogy? He cut it in chronological order and I thought it was dreadful.

I'm gonna watch Mad Max for the first time tonight. Should be fun.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #365
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Recommendations on good movies with NO romance in them pretty please? I will be keeping the Exorcist in mind LOL.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #366
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I am ecstatic to find my "Forensic Files" has been added to Netflix!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #367
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Recommendations on good movies with NO romance in them pretty please? I will be keeping the Exorcist in mind LOL.
Hmm that's a hard one Jacob's Ladder comes to mind but not positive it's on Netflix or just in my collection will get back to you on the suggestions though as soon as I am done with watching Trancendence CCB
Old 08-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #368
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

House of voices

Beast with 1,000,000 Eyes!

Leonardo Da Vinci : Mystery Files

Primal Fear

King of New York

Oxford Murders

Day Zero

The Last Days

The Amazing Transparent Man

That should entertain you for a bit.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #369
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:

Today was marathon day on my Netflix

First a marathon of Forensic Files

Ending the night with a marathon of Continum
Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #370
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

watched this today. Documentary about the virtual site Second Life.

Interesting.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #371
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Low Winter Sun (US Series)

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70285786?trkid=13641907

From the Austin Film Society: Based on the 2006 award-winning British two-part mini-series of the same name, "Low Winter Sun" is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. "Low Winter Sun" begins with the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective, Frank Agnew (Mark Strong, Zero Dark Thirty). Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter the detective's life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Filmed on location in Detroit, this gritty and provocative crime drama explores the city's many contradictions...
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #372
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70285786?trkid=13641907

From the Austin Film Society: Based on the 2006 award-winning British two-part mini-series of the same name, "Low Winter Sun" is a contemporary story of murder, deception, revenge and corruption in a world where the line between cops and criminals is blurred. "Low Winter Sun" begins with the murder of a cop by a fellow Detroit detective, Frank Agnew (Mark Strong, Zero Dark Thirty). Seemingly the perfect crime, in reality the murder activates forces that will forever alter the detective's life, and pull him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Filmed on location in Detroit, this gritty and provocative crime drama explores the city's many contradictions...
See, now I'm torn. This looks good and then I see it's based on a British original. I always find I like the European original versions of things better that the US remakes. It also irritates me that the US producers rely so heavily on copying instead of coming up with something different.

I would start with the British version and decide from there but it doesn't seem to be on Netflix.

Ponders
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #373
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
See, now I'm torn. This looks good and then I see it's based on a British original. I always find I like the European original versions of things better that the US remakes. It also irritates me that the US producers rely so heavily on copying instead of coming up with something different.

I would start with the British version and decide from there but it doesn't seem to be on Netflix.

Ponders
I'm with you, Kelt. I usually prefer the UK originals and/or versions too (though our Law & Order is better than theirs, IMHO), but this version of LWD was good. I doubt it's as good as the original, but it was good. I saw Detroit on film in a way I've never seen it (I know Detroit well). Detroit is a city of extremes—literally and figuratively—and they show the extremes very well. Sometimes to stunning affect, I thought.

The storyline is interesting, the acting is good (especially Lennie James, the brother who's a British actor - I'm watching him now in Jericho), the writing is decent. I watched the whole series and it was worth my time. I recommend it.

I'd love to see the original, but the cheapest I can find it is $25 at Amazon. Hopefully it will be at Netflix soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #374
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm with you, Kelt. I usually prefer the UK originals and/or versions too (though our Law & Order is better than theirs, IMHO), but this version of LWD was good. I doubt it's as good as the original, but it was good. I saw Detroit on film in a way I've never seen it (I know Detroit well). Detroit is a city of extremes—literally and figuratively—and they show the extremes very well. Sometimes to stunning affect, I thought.

The storyline is interesting, the acting is good (especially Lennie James, the brother who's a British actor - I'm watching him now in Jericho), the writing is decent. I watched the whole series and it was worth my time. I recommend it.

I'd love to see the original, but the cheapest I can find it is $25 at Amazon. Hopefully it will be at Netflix soon.
Okay, you've convinced me.

Thanks for Lennie James name; I've really enjoyed him in a couple of things but never knew his name. It was partly seeing him here that made me want to watch it. Having never been to Detroit I appreciate having your personal take on that.

Since you seem to have the inside track, let us know when the original hits Netflix.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #375
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Pina (A tribute to choreographer Pina Bausch)

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70209134?trkid=2361637

Wim Wenders directs to arresting effect in this performance documentary about Pina Bausch's Tanztheater Wuppertal dance company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #376
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default A french film that I enjoyed...

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #377
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default faces: John Cassevettes

recently rewatched this on you tube. Gena Rowlands has always been one of my favorite actresses (even though she seems sometimes like she is blowing bubbles when she talk). But Cassevettes is a brillant director.

now I am thinking about late 60's films

Bergmann
Cassevettes
D.H. Lawrence: the Fox
2001 space odessey

and many more
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #378
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default De Duva: Madeline Kahn's first film

I saw this short in 1968 as a short film and I have never forgotten it. Those with a twisted sense of humor and who want the best parody of Bergmann have to see it (it is only 14 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2QmLWWxq4
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #379
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
recently rewatched this on you tube. Gena Rowlands has always been one of my favorite actresses (even though she seems sometimes like she is blowing bubbles when she talk). But Cassevettes is a brillant director.

now I am thinking about late 60's films

Bergmann
Cassevettes
D.H. Lawrence: the Fox
2001 space odessey

and many more
I love Cassavetes as an actor and director (Woman Under the Influence, Killing of a Chinese Bookie) and Gena Rowlands is in a class all her own.

More than once he mortgaged his home to finance his films (!) now that's an independent filmmaker.

Do you remember him in the television show, Johnny Staccato? Had a nice soundtrack. Here's an episode:

And here's one of his films at Netflix:Minnie and Moskowitz
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #380
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yay, i'm not the only one lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I am ecstatic to find my "Forensic Files" has been added to Netflix!

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote