Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 12-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #421
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Wentworth is ace! It's a contemporary take on the old Prisoner Cell Block H that many of know and love from yesteryear.
I'm part way through season 2. Thanks for the recommend! What was the Prisoner series like?
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:58 AM   #422
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I just watched the first two episodes and I like it even better than OITNB. Thanks
Wentworth seems more like the Spanish HBO series Capadocia than OITNB. Capadocia is a women's prison story told like a telenovela - super dramatic - and probably jumps the shark in the 3rd season - but it also address women's and poverty issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #423
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeSteady View Post
I'm part way through season 2. Thanks for the recommend! What was the Prisoner series like?

Let's just say Prisoner had dodgy 80s production values; the set could be as creaky as some of the dialogue but to us it didn't matter we loved it all the more.
There weren't, and still aren't, many shows with mostly female casts so they stand out in the memory. Prisoner was cult telly for every dyke (and many none dyke women) I knew back then.

In Prisoner, Bea is Top Dog and young upstarts like Reb don't last so long. Lizzy Birdsworth was always a favourite character with her grizzled old face. It's really weird as an original Prisoner fan to watch other actors playing the characters we knew and loved.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #424
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:

Let's just say Prisoner had dodgy 80s production values; the set could be as creaky as some of the dialogue but to us it didn't matter we loved it all the more.
There weren't, and still aren't, many shows with mostly female casts so they stand out in the memory. Prisoner was cult telly for every dyke (and many none dyke women) I knew back then.

In Prisoner, Bea is Top Dog and young upstarts like Reb don't last so long. Lizzy Birdsworth was always a favourite character with her grizzled old face. It's really weird as an original Prisoner fan to watch other actors playing the characters we knew and loved.
That sounds like fun! Are you from Australia? I wonder if the Prisoner is available any where.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:23 AM   #425
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

I am a bit um, never mind but does anyone else watch Wentworth?

It is a spin off- sort of new continuation of Prisoner - Cell Block H which I began watching in '79.

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #426
Daktari

Quote:
That sounds like fun! Are you from Australia? I wonder if the Prisoner is available any where.
Nah I'm not Aussie...UK got a fair amount of Aus tv from the late 70s through the 80s. Who could forget The Sullivans and Young Doctors. Not to mention the suburban horror of Neighbours!! Kylie and Jason anyone?!
Check the streaming sites for Prisoner.

Wild Horses you might want to read the rest of the page!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #427
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
If you like OTNB then you should check out "Wentworth". Just watched the first two seasons and they just approved season three. Can't wait!
Quote:
Wentworth is ace! It's a contemporary take on the old Prisoner Cell Block H that many of know and love from yesteryear.
Thanks guys!

We would have never watched Wentworth, had I not read about it here.

We loved it and tried to limit ourselves to 2 episodes per night (it was difficult!).

We finished the 22 episodes last night. The GF did some research and found that Wentworth was a real prison in Australia that was closed in the 1920's. <<< Just a little trivia for you.

New episodes are supposed to be out sometime time in 2015.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #428
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to try to find episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H that I use to watch in '79.
I think Wentworth is a type of updated version of it.

"Prisoner is an Australian soap opera, set in the Wentworth Detention Centre, a fictional women's prison. In the United States and United Kingdom it was billed as Prisoner: Cell Block H, and in Canada as Caged Women. The series was produced by the Reg Grundy Organisation in Australia, and aired on Network Ten, running 692 episodes from 27 February 1979 to 11 December 1986, after originally only devised as a 16 part mini-series."

**Update- watch online here - http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.c...e-001-025.html

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #429
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Recently watched-- GMO/OMG & Burt's Buzz.
Both really good.
Also watched, Night before Christmas & Avengers.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #430
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHorses View Post
Thanks so much, WH. It even links to YouTube so I can watch it on my TV through the Xbox. I just watched a couple of seconds of it on my computer and the character I think is Frankie looks so much more butch. Seriously, got to give a thumbs down to a butch in prison wearing eye liner.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #431
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default I enjoyed it...

Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #432
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Don Jon
Our Idiot Brother
NatGeo Mayan
and a few really really bad movies that I couldn't get pass the first 10 minutes.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #433
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Kung Fu Panda- Holiday
Lady Gaga & Muppets- Holiday
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #434
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

So.... I'm home and not working and I'm sick of cable tv-- so I'm on a Netflix binge.
Today so far--

The Pyramid Codes (all in series)
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #435
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

So I've finished Wentworth, which I liked a lot, and have just worked my way through Black Mirror. I highly recommend it. It's like a Twilight Zone that comments on our times. It's not cheesy like most of the Twilight Zone derivatives have been.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #436
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
So I've finished Wentworth, which I liked a lot, and have just worked my way through Black Mirror. I highly recommend it. It's like a Twilight Zone that comments on our times. It's not cheesy like most of the Twilight Zone derivatives have been.
I just watched the first two episodes of Black Mirror last night and it was good. I gotta say I was fascinated by the dilemmas set up, especially in the first one. I'm going try another one or two tonight.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #437
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Black Mirror. It is interesting and strange.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #438
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

An unexpected surprise. Rather slow-moving but a good movie.

Netflix streaming:

A sophisticated tale of an unlikely romance between two extraordinary artists, set against the backdrop of political upheaval and a clash of cultures. Grappling with writer's block, legendary American poet Elizabeth Bishop, poet and winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1956, (Miranda Otto) travels from New York City to Rio de Janeiro in the 1950s to visit her college friend, Mary (Tracy Middendorf).

Hoping to find inspiration on Mary's sprawling estate, Elizabeth winds up with much more; an affair with famed female architect Lota de Macedo Soares, creator of Rio's Flamengo Park.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2217458/

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #439
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished with Wentworth.
I am waiting on baited breath for Season 3.
Does anyone know when that will be airing?
I am totally hooked on it!

Also, watched "good people" with James Franco.

Very disappointed.
I am having a hard time
finding a good indie flick right now!
Netflix needs to step up that game.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #440
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
An unexpected surprise. Rather slow-moving but a good movie.

Netflix streaming:

A sophisticated tale of an unlikely romance between two extraordinary artists, set against the backdrop of political upheaval and a clash of cultures. Grappling with writer's block, legendary American poet Elizabeth Bishop, poet and winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1956, (Miranda Otto) travels from New York City to Rio de Janeiro in the 1950s to visit her college friend, Mary (Tracy Middendorf).

Hoping to find inspiration on Mary's sprawling estate, Elizabeth winds up with much more; an affair with famed female architect Lota de Macedo Soares, creator of Rio's Flamengo Park.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2217458/
Gee, the title would be a good idea!

"Reaching for the Moon"

All that I could find online about Wentworth is that it would be on Netflix sometime in 2015 (big help!); however, good news for House of Cards fans, new episodes will be on Netflix February 27th, 2015.

I feel another binge coming on!

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 01-02-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added info
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: