Old 04-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaison View Post
This is a really interesting thread as I'm not sure how me and the missus are going to ever live together.

I'm a minimalist and like everything really tidy and in order, she is a hoarder and messy and disorganised.

Any advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Lots of multi-purpose furniture. Buffets, dressers, bookshelves, china cabinets.
June has good ideas here. Also, if space allows, give her one room to put whatever she wants in it however she wants it. Mesh the rest of your stuff (kitchen utensils, books, clothes in the closets, etc) however you see fit, but give her that space.

And. Don't. Go. In. There.

It would drive you bonkers. BUT if you've meshed your stuff and she has a room of all her stuff and she still has more stuff, that's the line. She needs to pick and choose and get rid of whatever won't fit.

This is coming from someone who keeps a LOT of stuff, btw. Sometimes you just have to let go.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #22
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Our life together looks very different today than it did 5 years ago.

5 years ago, Jack and I were just moving in together and each of us had a lot of "stuff". I had tons of books and clothes, random kitchenware, and lots of random decorative stuff. She had lots of "mantiques" and odd pieces of furniture (some of it hideous, some of it awesome).

As we moved in and started unpacking the crates together, it became clear to both of us that we had similar tastes but that we had way too much of everything. I think for the first year, we purged a little but mostly kept 80% of the stuff we had each brought with us.

Now, I look up and see a house that is filled with things that we have picked out together. Really the only pieces of furniture that we have in this entire house that we have not acquired together are the couch and loveseat and a vintage chaise from the 60s. Every single other piece of furniture in this house was purchased or found by both of us, from the mattresses on the beds to the barstools. I kinda love that. It looks like "us" in here and not "Jackhammer over there and Medusa over here".

We still have lots of decorative things that we each brought in to the relationship and have displayed our favorite pieces in the library. Slowly over the years we have cleared out the things that we only kinda loved in favor of keeping the things we really loved. It works for us!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #23
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
So I'm organizing the house today and was thinking about how Jack and I combined our lifestyles when we moved in together and was curious how it worked for other folks.

If you live with your partner, let's talk about the process of combining "stuff", decorating together (or separately), what worked for you and what didn't, etc.
If one of you is more messy than the other, how do you deal?
Were your routines similar or did you have to come up with a new routine together?
Did one of you have a collection that was the bane of the other person's existence?

Talk to me, baby!
Great thread. I will be back sometime to post our path to meshness.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #24
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Ok this is kind of timely for me as Desd moved in to my bachelor pad almost a year ago. before she make this pad a home it was just me and my daughter (we have her part time) I can be a pack rat and my desk tends to get covered with paperwork(getting better with that) I have a lot of baseball hats and cowboy hats and there were saddles bridles and such kind of randomly stored. Desd came with stuff not a whole lot and we just kind blended she is much more organized then I am and that is a good thing. over the past year we have made this a home new bed that we both loved new couch and BOOKCASES we both love books and if we could we would have a floor to ceiling book case but that will be in time when we have a house (someday) She suggested putting hooks up for all the hats and she really has a eye for things like the putting up curtains in the doorways I got lucky we just fit and we talk about everything so the home is a blend of us both .. the best is that we have added pictures of us on my wall of back and white pictures now I just need to get a black and white one of her as a baby to add to it
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 AM   #25
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My boifriend & I are still busy making what has been my space for the past 8 years, into our space. Hy has sort of taken over the guest room as hys TV room, now calling it the "bro room" because hy & my Butch cat hang out in there together to watch TV. We femmes, meaning me, my other cat & the dog are invited to visit the "bro space" any time, LOL. I'm not much of a TV watcher so my visits are short. Today, we finally purchased a new bed, hooray! Making the move from my old Queen size to a new King size. Now there will be room for me & hym, my two cats, & hys dog. The family:-)

Last week we took the big step of registering our Domestic Partnership with the state via the county registrar's office. Very quiet, no ceremony, no party. It was just something we wanted to do without any fuss. Funny though that we still refer to each other as boifriend & girlfriend…

we are slowly settling in to domestic bliss.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #26
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Still in the process of "nesting" in the home we have been in for 2 years.

We purchased this home together in July of 2009 and have redecorated 3 bedrooms, the hallway, a bathroom, and the greatroom. We still have to do the master bathroom, laundry room, library, and kitchen area. Lately we've been doing lots of painting and laying new floors.

We mostly have the same love of color but I have had to convince Jackhammer that red and aubergine are not scary

I'd love to hear how other couple have incorported color into their homes. Anyone encounter a partner who HATED a color that was a favorite of yours? Or do you mostly agree on neutrals and go from there?

I have to admit, Jackhammer has been pretty easygoing and just kinda let me run wild in the house. That has resulted in color on every wall and a house that feels very warm! LOVE THAT!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #27
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Well we are on our fourth home in our 35th year of our on again we were off for a bit relationship....
Now that all of our kids are over 19 we decided to sell the big huge cardboard box and go for smaller...so we downsized to 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.. ( I should have held out for 3 bathrooms)

In our downsizing to a smaller cardboard box,,,we tossed (actually let the kids take everything cept the dining room) and started again from scratch....We decided we deserved it since for 27 years its been all about the kids..and kid friendly.

Well it is over a year and....we are still decorating..and all that stuff and things have changed....

Originally the plan was a seafoam with black piping sofa and chair...accompanied by this vast collection of oriental black lacquer carved end tables coffee tables,,,etc etc...in the living room to: OMG we have grandkids we r watching all the time.....it changed to:
leather sofa, love seat and chair......still no coffee table or end table cause we can not agree on what we want, nad what we like just is not feasible with two grandkids playing in the living room......but we did agree on a new yamaha clarinova piano for that room.....

we bought beds..for all the bedrooms but not the furniture stuff except for lissy's room cause we still havent found what we are looking for.
in my case the antique burl mahogany I want....in Jen's case the shiney modern but oh gee that looks nice...i cant make up my mind.....
Luckily,
colors of the walls are all agreed and done....thos someone thought the shade of yellow in the Dining room was ugly,,,,she came around when i hung the drapes and found just the perfect wall hangings..

We both like color..

my bedroom is pumpkin a little more pumpkin than planned...with white trim...and with7 windows in the room a large double closet door and a door the walls are well broken up...so it is not overwhelming...but..finding drapes and bedding stuff that is not all fru fru that goes with this color....has not been easy..

jen's bedroom is a rose pinkish color with hardwood and tiled rose floor.....with 4 windows nice and bright and airy....a lot like her....we found a wonderful chair on sale at laZboy that is sort of reddish pinkish that goes perfectly in her room..now if she will just decide on the actual BR furniture...

lissy's bedroom is a ripe avacado with an antique green stained wodden poster bed...white trim and bright 70's style curtains and all her furniture is white ...it sounds like...but it is beautiful...and perfect for a 19 year old. as she says especially the giant flat screen on her wall....

the lounge was wedgewood blue and white...but with all the oriental furniture in there....it needs to be changed....ro something that goes with seafoam....in all probability a light muted steel

living room is 3 colors,,,white trim the fireplace wall is a muted blechy cream/tan but not quite...and the large wall is a sort of pomegranate
with the fireplace being off white antique whatever... and the marble surrounding it and then the deep hardwood flooring....this was not an easy room to contemplate....but luckily there is only one full wall not broken up by windows or doors....

And since prior to obtaining this home we did agree that,,red would be in it somewhere....jen loves red..pomegranate was a great....color we could agree on....(I dont like red)

This is the first house where we really had to be concerned about window treatments/blinds etc......and the only thing we agree on is we both do not like window blinds etc...but out of necessity (we live in town on a busy street now) we have submitted to drapes and treatments and other icky stuff as opposed to hanging large stain glass and calling it a curtain
Luckily our 2nd floor has lots of windows for the stain glass and the third floor...has a wonderful landing area for some crazy art work and my definition of window dressinga....stain glass....and sheers tho all the BR windows had to get window treatments and drapes and crap...

I guess some of it has to do with our knowing each other for sooooooooooooooo long and the fact that we have lived under the dame roof for the majority of the past 35 years... ...we know each others tastes ..and bluntly we have very different style and taste...but there is enough common ground on color...and wackiness.that a room all comes together.with the colors, styles and interesting piece of...that goes with nothing but damn it looks good there...

dean
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #28
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I settled in here last year and was given my own room and the kitchen...

I am such a LUCKY girl...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #29
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One day Dreamer and I will live together.
Whether it be this house I am currently living or another one we move in together.

Dreamer will have NO say in how we decorate or the colors we use.
It has been established.
Right honey?!?

Though if Dreamer wants to decorate the garage or shed... That is fine. I am really okay with this.

As far as red's go -- LOVE LOVE LOVE red's. Though, I lean more toward the colors of South America and of course Mexico.

Dreamer will be happy.
I have stated.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #30
Dreamer

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Dreams do come true...

Thanked 4,233 Times in 949 Posts
Dreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
One day Dreamer and I will live together.
Whether it be this house I am currently living or another one we move in together.

Dreamer will have NO say in how we decorate or the colors we use.
It has been established.
Right honey?!?

Though if Dreamer wants to decorate the garage or shed... That is fine. I am really okay with this.

As far as red's go -- LOVE LOVE LOVE red's. Though, I lean more toward the colors of South America and of course Mexico.

Dreamer will be happy.
I have stated.
Okay this made me laugh, from the tone Julie used to state what she stated, I will however say that she is right. I am more than happy for Julie to decorate and to choose the color schemes not because I do not have any input but because she has amazing taste.
As for being happy with her choices, of course I will be, because it will mean that we are finally sharing the home that will be ours.
I did just want to say "Yes Dear", but I figured I would reiterate a little as to why lol.
"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you have never lived before" ~Erich~
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #31
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
I'd love to hear how other couple have incorported color into their homes. Anyone encounter a partner who HATED a color that was a favorite of yours? Or do you mostly agree on neutrals and go from there?
I pretty much told my partner that if she ever moved in here nothing else mattered to me but the colors on the first floor walls.

Problem is, she is not so keen on them (not AT ALL)!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #32
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

When we first moved in together, neither of us had much in the way of furniture or decorations that we were especially attached to. I'd sold most of my furniture before I moved to Oregon, so we actually didn't have much when we moved into our first apartment together. We got rid of her futon because it was falling apart and kept my bed (which was a full, too small for both of us, but still better than a broken futon). We didn't own a sofa until one of her coworkers gave us one. For close to a year, our only living room furniture was a pair of matching pink recliners that were given to us by someone who just wanted them out of her house.

We finally moved into a house two years ago. We were able to get rid of all our old hand-me-down furniture and buy new. We chose all the furniture together, and we luckily have very similar tastes. We're both fond of clean lines and neither of us likes things are a fussy or frilly. Our landlord also let us pick out paint colors and painted everything before we moved in. The living rooms is all warm, neutral earth tones. The kitchen is pretty much mine, and painted a dark, brick red with white cabinets. We both love purple, so the bedroom walls are lilac with a royal purple accent wall. We both need our own space, so we moved into a 3 bedroom house and we each have our own office that's our own little domain. The paint colors we chose got accidentally switched in the offices, though. We moved in and discovered that my office is painted pale grey (was supposed to be hers) and hers is sage green (which I chose). We didn't want to switch offices, though, and neither of us hates the color we got, so we're not worried about it.

As far as decorating, we compromise. We agree on most things, and deal with our disagreements. Turquoise is one of her favorite colors, but I *hate* it. Therefore, anything turquoise colored goes in her office. There are a few things in the main areas of the house that aren't necessarily to my taste, but she likes them, so they stay. I'm sure I've picked out a few things she doesn't like, too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #33
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Still in the process of "nesting" in the home we have been in for 2 years.

We purchased this home together in July of 2009 and have redecorated 3 bedrooms, the hallway, a bathroom, and the greatroom. We still have to do the master bathroom, laundry room, library, and kitchen area. Lately we've been doing lots of painting and laying new floors.

We mostly have the same love of color but I have had to convince Jackhammer that red and aubergine are not scary

I have to admit, Jackhammer has been pretty easygoing and just kinda let me run wild in the house. That has resulted in color on every wall and a house that feels very warm! LOVE THAT!
We're renting now, so we haven't gone hog wild with the color. Yet. We did work out a color scheme for the living room around one painting of Ebon's. Though I loathe the Gators, I did it because we could make it work. Gator colors are blue and orange, for those that don't know. So, we have pumpkin with various shades of blue and it's not so bad. The furniture is black, as are all the frames for the artwork. It's kind of sharp.

However, if given the opportunity, I'd wipe the slate clean. Both of us have expressed a desire for more earth tones. Ebon's a hippy and I like pretty and calm colors. Score!

I love color, Ebon likes it, and neither of us is a particularly frilly sort....at least when it comes to decorating.

I don't anticipate any issues with decorating our house in the future.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Our apartment was perfectly directed upon moving in. We looked at a LOT of fixer uppers but thank goodness the one that we ended up moving into had a history of style attached, because neither of us know what we are doing in that regard (Well, BB, more than me, but I don't think that's a special talent for either of us.).

The bedroom and various walls within our home are exposed brick (a look I love!). Then parts of the bathroom and bedroom are white. We particularly like the kitchen/living room/dining room/entrance area (all an open area), in which all of the colors are very pretty with a lot of built in storage and built in bookcases (Again, thankfully, at least someone who lived here before us knew what they were doing!). Anyway this, our largest space, is painted in bright yet muted colors of yellow-orange, light blue, and tan.

I admit that I'm so oblivious to these things that I had to get up from my desk and look in other rooms to find out what color the walls were! And we only have a 700 square foot home!
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #35
PumaJ

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Queer Feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

PumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST ReputationPumaJ Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Wink I stand corrected

Okay, so… I stand corrected.

Ever so patiently, kindly, my boifriend said, "Sweetie… (insert sigh here), it's not the 'bro room'. It's the 'bro pad'! (insert another sigh here;-) ) What am I going to do with you?"

Giggle... Well, of course I did have some suggestions in that area

Old 08-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #36
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaison View Post
This is a really interesting thread as I'm not sure how me and the missus are going to ever live together.

I'm a minimalist and like everything really tidy and in order, she is a hoarder and messy and disorganised.

Any advice?
Remain in separate houses?

<--- A Master at separate houses living

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #37
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Nesting is fun but I'd be thrown out if I did this to our bedroom. I've still managed to "decorate" here and there with my Steeler paraphernalia.

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #38
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaft View Post
Nesting is fun but I'd be thrown out if I did this to our bedroom. I've still managed to "decorate" here and there with my Steeler paraphernalia.

Wife said " I'd be living alone" I tend to believe her...
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #39
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When we first moved in to an apartment together 12 years ago, my general thought was "i don't care" as far as decorating around the house. I know I have no skill what so ever and I also knew from visiting her place, that she had done with her place what I probably would have done with mine - if I'd had the know how. With some slight exceptions.

Then we moved into our house and we had to pick colours to paint the walls. Gillian is very neutral minded where as apparently I like things a little bolder. Mind you I don't like neon colours but I grew up in apartments and surrounded by white walls.. I wanted some colour!

So we talked and negotiated and our house has some good colour to it that we both like - probably even more than we thought we would.

We are also similar in that we both have a bit of a goth streak in us. Not so much in dress - but definitely in music and art / collectibles areas. So we have some Living Dead Dolls that we've collected through out the years as well as some Teddy Scares and other items. For awhile there we were at a loss on how to display them in a setting that made sense.

Then we painted one of our spare bedrooms a plum/deep purple colour - slapped leather curtains on the windows - and it became our goth room (and now serves as our study where we have the computers set up).

As far as other areas of our life - it's been no problem merging as we pretty much agreed about finances, autonomy, roles etc before moving in together...
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post: