How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default VANILLA THREAD Who can initiate sex in your relationship? VANILLA THREAD

This thread is NOT for the discussion of control as it ebbs and flows in a BDSM relationship. Please do not post about BDSM practices .. there are many threads available for these discussions.

This is, as it says in bold print above, a vanilla thread. Power dynamics also occur in vanilla relationships, and that is what I want to talk about.

So what is most comfortable/easiest/essential for you to function well in sexual relationships? I couldn't figure out how to post a poll, so I'll just list some options. If your personal option is not listed, please forgive me, and just post about what is comfortable for you.

I am femme
I am butch
I am ftm
I am mtf
I have a different gender designation

I wish to initiate all sexual encounters.
I wish my partner(s) to initiate all sexual encounters.
I prefer a relationship where either (or all) partners may initiate sex.

None of these choices infer that you are the "top" during sex, only that it your preference to be the one to say "Hey lets ****."

Here's my answer:
I prefer a relationship where either (or all) partners may initiate sex. Why? Well I want my partner to let me know I am desired, so I think it is good to let them know I desire them as well. Also, just as a matter of practicality, sometimes one wants to have sex, but finds that it has not (yet) occured to one's partner. Therefore the necessity of expressing one's desires.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Morning Keri,this is a good subject.For me im a stone butch but prefer that in a relationship that both are free to initiate sex,its not that I havent thought of it but to be truthfull I have to be really she isnt just playing games cause for me in tired of kid games that often are pulled but some women just to have fun at someone elses expence.Butch thay get stone butch, well is someome with a prob for people who just dont get it or care to.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I'm femme and I like to initiate!

Actually I like us both to initiate but I think I tend to do it more. I love initiating and I know he'll never turn me down, it's perfect

I've been in relationships where my gf's have resented me being highly sexed and that was awful, frustrating for me and really damaging for the relationship. For that reason if my hubbie wants sex and I don't, I'll at least consider it. I'd hate for him to feel he can't ask.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

I am femme. I prefer a relationship where either (or all) partners may initiate sex -- often and spontaneously!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Stone-Butch Top Dominant. A fighting b**** got the job done.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
Iamjustagirlwhocantsayno

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she. Works just fine :)
Relationship Status:
Spoken For

Iamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST ReputationIamjustagirlwhocantsayno Has the BEST Reputation

I am femme and love to initiate. I think it takes him by suprise.... but he likes it I haven't always been the initiator in past relationships, but I sometimes think that's why they didn't last long, I wasn't willing to assert what I needed and just took what was offered. I love for him to initiate too, but I feel powerful when it's me!
Iamjustagirlwhocantsayno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Iamjustagirlwhocantsayno For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Great question and answers. I am TGButch and I liked it when my lover let me know she wanted me. I prefer a relationship where either one can innitiate. Jean
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Communication in a relationship of any type is critical. How can I initiate a sexual encounter if I can't talk about the little, mundane things of life, as well as all of those big things that may come up?

I thrive in a relationship where communication is open, honest, a two-way street, safe, trusting and I am encouraged to express my needs-including sexual needs.

When all of those pieces are in place: yes, I enjoy the freedom to be able to initiate sex.

I am femme

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I am a butch who prefers a relationship that is a partnership. So either initiating according to their needs and desires works best for me.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Initiation by either partner works best for me. I don't want roles, rules or any other prescriptive assumptions with sexual initiation. As a butch, it is hot when a femme lover initiates and I feel hot myself when I initiate.

The main thing for me is communication about sex with a lover.

Thanks for the thread!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am a Femme, who prefers to be in a relationship where both parties can feel open to initiating sex.

My last relationship was like that at first. Even though I had a higher sex drive than she did, she "kept up" for the first several months, and both of us initiated and responded back.

Then life experiences happened to her, and she had to take a break. I pulled back in respect to her need for a break, but always let her know that I was there for her. I tried initiating on several occasions, trying to see if she was ready to come "back". We had LOTS of discussions about it (yes, communication is key!), and she would always just let me know not yet. At one point, however, it got to where I was feeling like my trying to initiate was crossing a line. I mean, for both of us. She felt pressured (hell, who wants THAT??), and I felt rebuffed. I finally told her that I would stop trying to initiate anything, and just let HER decide to come to me when she was ready again. I didn't want to feel that icky stuff of being pushy (to me that bordered on abuse). And it is no good for anyone's ego to be constantly turned down, you just end up quiting asking.

Well, she never came back. Even after 3 yrs. So that, combined with other dysfunctions in the relationship, ended it.

She's now found someone else. Oh well.

(sorry for the rant)
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I'm butch. I love either!! I think it's so hot when a lover surprises me out of the blue. You know like when you are busy or whatever, and that is the last thing on your mind. And they can make it go from that to the only thing you want, there is nothing you want more this world than that! That is so damn hot!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Communication in a relationship of any type is critical. How can I initiate a sexual encounter if I can't talk about the little, mundane things of life, as well as all of those big things that may come up?

I thrive in a relationship where communication is open, honest, a two-way street, safe, trusting and I am encouraged to express my needs-including sexual needs.

When all of those pieces are in place: yes, I enjoy the freedom to be able to initiate sex.

I am femme
You've said it beautifully!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Anya communicate is extremely essential in any relationship...and I prefer one when both initiate...I adore the look on Hys/Her face that little gleam in their eye when they know you want them..give me that same sexy/desired/wanted tingle when I see them making the advances that they need me NOW..lol...and if you and your lover know one another well enough, sometimes all it takes is a glance and a smirk and you both know. I remember one time with an ex..I was vaccuming..and all of sudden it stopped..I turned to look at the socket to see if it was still plugged in and there Hy stood..nekky..with the cord in Hys hand twirling it with that look in Hys eyes and that smirk lmao.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Honey

How Do You Identify?:
big femme heart..... in a tight girlie package
Preferred Pronoun?:
just call me Honey
Relationship Status:
Playin' 4 keeps with Tomboi1982

Honey Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST ReputationHoney Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Its not who INITIATES the sex...its who suggests we break for air, food, and H2O...! Usually Hym....., but one has to refuel I guess .....I'll be over here patiently awaiting round #....
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Honey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes life gets busy
Sometimes you have to hit me with a 2x4
Sometimes I can't read minds
Sometimes a look is all it takes

Oh and in answer to the OP, either or is fine with me
Like a few other posters, communication is key

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Its not who INITIATES the sex...its who suggests we break for air, food, and H2O...! Usually Hym....., but one has to refuel I guess .....I'll be over here patiently awaiting round #....
what she said...lol
Old 01-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
Thamca74

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single

Thamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST ReputationThamca74 Has the BEST Reputation
Default initiate

This is an interesting topic. I am a femme and have been with women for over 12 years and never thought about this. I love to initiate. And --- I never really thought about it, but I have often refused sex and never realized that it might be hurting my partners feelings. Maybe that is part of why I no longer have a partner. eh.
good thing to think about!!
Thamca74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Thamca74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #19
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

My first r/s was all about great communication and so we both freely initiated.
I'm sad, (embarrassed too) to say that I'm recently out of a r/s where I was always shut down, it really is tough on your self-esteem

I shoulda known the first time she wiped my lipstick off her mouth that I was in the wrong r/s, live and learn, eh?

Oh, did I say I have a healthy sex drive and am totally open to either person and unless i had a fever of umm 106, id never turn you down, LOL
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm femme and I am for either one initiating. It feels good to know that you're desired and wanted and I like making my butch (when I have one) feel this way too. And yeah, like a few other femmes posting here, I'm highly sexed and very rarely turn down a chance for some hot, steamy, headboard grabbin, leaving nail tracks on hys back kinda lovin' when in a relationship.

hmm...that last tidbit was prolly a lil TMI, no?
funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post: