Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 12-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #701
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

(CNN)A Colorado man has the variant of the coronavirus from the United Kingdom that health officials say is more transmissable than other strains of the virus, Gov. Jared Polis announced Tuesday.

It is the first known case of the UK coronavirus variant in United States.
The man, who is in his 20s and in isolation in Elbert County, has no travel history, Polis' office said in a news release. "An unknown travel history mean that this person picked it up the community," Dr. Atul Gawande, a member of the Biden-Harris transition Covid advisory board and a surgeon at Brigham and Women's Hospital, told CNN.

"We will closely monitor this case," Polis said, "as well as all COVID-19 indicators, very closely."

The statement said public health officials are working to identify potential contacts and potential cases through contact tracing interviews.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 06:48 PM   #702
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Trump is reportedly planning to host hundreds of guests at a lavish New Year's Eve bash at Mar-a-Lago as COVID-19 cases continue to soar.

Enough said!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rep...120252526.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #703
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Trump is reportedly planning to host hundreds of guests at a lavish New Year's Eve bash at Mar-a-Lago as COVID-19 cases continue to soar.

Enough said!!!

It will prob. have a guest list of recent pardon's ~ non - criminal's not invited ~ << not getting invited ~ ** breathy ** oh well
Old 12-31-2020, 07:24 AM   #704
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My region is being pummeled right now, numbers are off the charts and all of the main hospitals are full.

I was able to register with my city yesterday as a frontline worker with a health condition that puts me at high risk for COVID complications. Hopefully the two points together bump me up on the timeline. One of my co-workers who is an EMT got her vax on Monday. My bestie who works in a hospital in NYC got hers yesterday.

I'm feeling salty at my co-workers who fussed about having a quiet christmas but who still went around visiting family or hosting family in their homes.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 03:22 PM   #705
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Enough said!!!

Well with his unexpected return to the White House, who knows! Makes one wonder what this S.O.B. might be up too now!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2020, 09:56 PM   #706
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Well with his unexpected return to the White House, who knows! Makes one wonder what this S.O.B. might be up too now!
exactly homoe Happy New Year ! I'm getting sick of seeing Donny Dolly Hands fist in the air like he has powers ? whatever he is up too with his merry men of the gang that can't shoot straight remains to be seen. I think he had to leave Mar Largo not the excuse they are giving ~ I bet Iran is making him dance ~ they are prob. targeting him. Dance Dolly dance !! Something is going to happen and we will all suffer from it ~ Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong but the way the virus is surging who knows if it's not air born now .
Old 01-01-2021, 08:20 AM   #707
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
exactly homoe Happy New Year ! I'm getting sick of seeing Donny Dolly Hands fist in the air like he has powers ? whatever he is up too with his merry men of the gang that can't shoot straight remains to be seen. I think he had to leave Mar Largo not the excuse they are giving ~ I bet Iran is making him dance ~ they are prob. targeting him. Dance Dolly dance !! Something is going to happen and we will all suffer from it ~ Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong but the way the virus is surging who knows if it's not air born now .
I think the threat of Iran retaliating had him scurrying back to the White House as fast as his little Dolly feet could take him! Back to the safety of the underground bunker where he knew he'd be safe and not like a sitting duck if he'd stayed at his "Florida Retreat"!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 09:58 AM   #708
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My sister and BIL have caught Covid-19. It is only a matter of time (probably) before my niece and her husband catch it (they live in the basement of my sister's house).

I was really hoping they would make it through this mess without catching it. I pray that my 80-year-old mother doesn't get it; she doesn't live in the same house, but my sister spends a lot of time taking care of her. I'm not sure how they're going to handle that.

My sister and BIL live in a small, rural town, and my sister is fanatical about mask-wearing and social distancing. Her two daughters and the one daughter's husband and my BIL are not as concerned as she is about taking precautions, however. They comply while at home (because my sister rules the roost) but I'm pretty sure they don't comply as well when not around my sister. Whatever happened, it finally caught up to them.

I hope they make it through this mess relatively unscathed.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #709
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

(((((( georgia )))))) when it rains it pours ~ I feel so bad for you and your family have been having a hard time. I hope this year helps us all ~ keep the faith your a strong woman
Old 01-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #710
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I might be able to get my vaccine next Friday! (If I'm not on quarantine)

To say I'm happy dancing is an understatement.

My bestie gets her second dose on Jan 27 so we are planning a play date

I wish there was more solid data on if you can still transmit COVID after the vaccine. I really want to hug my mom and nephews.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #711
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My mom can get her first dose of the Covid vaccine next week! She's on board with it, which is great because she usually rebels at getting the flu vaccine. It will be such a relief.

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #712
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
My mom can get her first dose of the Covid vaccine next week! She's on board with it, which is great because she usually rebels at getting the flu vaccine. It will be such a relief.
That's great news!

I have to say I was irritated to come home and see that some massage therapists locally had gotten the vax. Not that they don't need safe working conditions and employment and income- they do. But here I am in an emergency shelter still waiting while inundated with person to person in drastic situations that are not optional in very tight quarters.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 05:16 PM   #713
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

i got my 2nd dose Jan 6th. Let me tell you i felt miserable 2 days later. Fever and body aches and my arm felt like it was going to fall off. Id do it again if i had to. My mom gets her first shot on monday!! Im soooo happy for her!!! People need to remember this doesnt stop you from getting covid..it just greatly reduces your chances of getting seriously ill. We all need to stick to the right path til this thing is over.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 05:48 PM   #714
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I called my Mom this afternoon and told her that Queen Elizabeth got her vaccination today. She was amused.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #715
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Every 20 seconds...

I heard on NPR yesterday that a person dies from Covid-19 every 20 seconds.

So sad, and super scary.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #716
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

COVID-19 vaccine shots begin at Disneyland parking lot, Orange County’s first super site

Cars and socially spaced crowds amassed at Disneyland’s Toy Story parking lot Wednesday, Jan. 13, as hundreds queued for coronavirus vaccines at Orange County’s first mass-vaccination site, a pivotal step toward county leaders’ new goal of delivering 1.5 million shots per month.

The tented site’s opening marks a new chapter in Orange County’s battle against the coronavirus as people age 65 and older, especially those who have underlying health conditions that might make them more susceptible to a bad case of COVID-19, can be vaccinated against the disease at the outset of the next, broader stage of the county’s vaccination campaign, called “Operation Independence.” Frontline health care workers are also still being vaccinated.

Information from the Orange County Register , published yesterday, updated today Jan 14, 2021

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #717
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coronavirus

The World Health Org. says it is stockpiling more vials of serum in case of a new Ebola outbreak. No other details were given.

The San Diego Zoo Safari Park has its first two cases of coronavirus in their gorillas.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 08:38 PM   #718
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default MedScape (Jan 15th, 2021)

5 Reasons to Wear a Mask Even After You're Vaccinated

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #719
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Top Biden Official Warns U.S. Covid Deaths Will Pass 500,000 in Weeks

Officials in the incoming Biden administration braced the country for continued hardship in the days after the inauguration,
with the president-elect assuming control of a struggling economy and surging coronavirus outbreak in less than three days.

© Jabin Botsford/The New York Times Ron Klain, the incoming White House
chief of staff, coordinated the Obama administration’s Ebola response.

Ron Klain, President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s incoming White House chief of staff, had a dire forecast for the course of the coronavirus outbreak in the new administration’s first weeks, predicting that half a million Americans will have died from the coronavirus by the end of February. The current toll is nearing 400,000.

“The virus is going to get worse before it gets better,” Mr. Klain said in an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “People who are contracting the virus today will start to get sick next month, will add to the death toll in late February, even March, so it’s going to take a while to turn this around.”

Average daily U.S. deaths from the virus have risen to well past 3,000, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has sounded the alarm about a fast-spreading, far more contagious variant of the coronavirus that officials project will become the dominant source of infection in the country by March, potentially fueling another wrenching surge of cases and deaths.

Mr. Klain, in comments directed at states’ disappointment that a reserve of additional vaccines that the Trump administration had promised to release did not exist, said that his team was “inheriting a huge mess” in terms of vaccine production and distribution.

“But we have a plan to fix it,” Mr. Klain said, alluding to a federal vaccination campaign that Mr. Biden announced on Friday. “We think there are things we can do to speed up the delivery of that vaccine.”

Administration officials earlier this week urged states to loosen eligibility criteria and to begin vaccinating all Americans 65 and older. Some states, including New York, moved quickly to comply, prompting a surge of interest — and confusion — as thousands of newly eligible people sought appointments to get vaccinated.

But there was no stockpile of additional vaccine doses awaiting distribution to those states, it turned out — only the amounts already promised, much of it to be given

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on Sunday that he, too, had been trying to sort through the confusion about how many vaccine doses were held by the federal government and where they were going.

“I think there was just a misunderstanding,” Dr. Fauci said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “When doses were released, an equal amount was kept back to make sure if there was any glitches in the supply flow that the people who got their first doses would clearly get their second doses,” he said.

Once it was clear that production of the vaccines would be reliable, he added, “the decision was made, instead of just giving enough for the first dose and holding back for the second dose, that as soon as they got the doses available, they would give it because now they would have confidence that the next amount they would get.”

Brian Deese, the incoming head of the National Economic Council, also stressed the urgency of passing a $1.9 trillion stimulus plan that the incoming Biden administration had unveiled last week to assist in the recovery effort, pointing to data suggesting increasing unemployment and that more Americans are going hungry.

“The truth is, we’re at a very precarious moment,” Mr. Deese said in an appearance on “Fox News Sunday.” “We’ve got an acute economic crisis and human crisis, and we need decisive action.”

Source: msn.com
Website: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/to...ks/ar-BB1cPKR5
Date: January 17, 2021
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2021, 12:11 PM   #720
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning. I’m feeling a bit relieved. I’ll feel much better in 4 weeks.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: