Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #221
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Kudos to all those committed to kicking the habit! June 1st marked three and a half years quit. I can't even believe I just typed that. I lived on cowboy killers and coffee for over ten years and did not ever think quitting would be in my future. My partner and I quit together; while she was 100% ready I was only 85%... I borrowed 15% from her and somehow, through sweat, tears a little weight gain and lots of hissy fits I did it... we did it and I'm so effin proud!

I still think about it sometimes... but I know I am romanticizing it all, so return to reality and 'breathe' through the moment.

Again, way to go all of you - you CAN do it... and you deserve to be healthy.

blessings,
fD
Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #222
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Little Bit Stronger

This is the "quit" song for me it is one of the first songs i heard immediately following my decision to walk away from the longest most toxic relationship i had. For me this song is suiting

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #223
Daktari

You're all doing so damned well. It makes me feel all squishy knowing y'all are on course for success.

Good on yer for 'fessing up Ms.Meander and well done for getting back on track. Don't give up giving up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #224
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

The beginning of smoke free day #6. I am waiting for that magic time that is suppose to happen after 7 days...Wondering if there is really something different about day 7...One day at a time, I will make it through this day, smoke free.

Have a great smoke free day!
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #225
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
The beginning of smoke free day #6. I am waiting for that magic time that is suppose to happen after 7 days...Wondering if there is really something different about day 7...One day at a time, I will make it through this day, smoke free.

Have a great smoke free day!
The magic comes from within you, so if you wanted that magic today you can have it....today and everyday hereafter...it really is in how you choose to spend your day.

Last Night at Dyke Night,

I bumped into an old friend i hadn't seen in nearly a year, i mentioned i quit smoking, hy said so your out here because let me guess you want a cigarette, i simply replied oh gosh no, i came out here to show off my shoes as its a bit crowded in there...

there were a ton of folks smoking and then some....a great deal i knew i used to smoke with them...i didn't and still do not want to smoke..

Diggin my in

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #226
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

What a fantastic reply. I am fortunate that so many of my friends are non smokers, I don't have to leave a room to go chat with them outside. At my age, I don't find much fun in the bar scene...Though an occasional Dyke Night would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
The magic comes from within you, so if you wanted that magic today you can have it....today and everyday hereafter...it really is in how you choose to spend your day.

Last Night at Dyke Night,

I bumped into an old friend i hadn't seen in nearly a year, i mentioned i quit smoking, hy said so your out here because let me guess you want a cigarette, i simply replied oh gosh no, i came out here to show off my shoes as its a bit crowded in there...

there were a ton of folks smoking and then some....a great deal i knew i used to smoke with them...i didn't and still do not want to smoke..

Diggin my in
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #227
LadyPhoenix

How Do You Identify?:
high femme/transsensual woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms Willow
Relationship Status:
Single

LadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST ReputationLadyPhoenix Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quitters Rock!

My daughter, her boyfriend, and I quit smoking "analog" (or regular) cigarettes about 6 months ago. At first I experimented with the e-cigs you can get at the 7-11 ... called N-Joy. I knew then, that if I found the right one, I'd never pick up another "tobacco cigarette"again. A couple of months later my daughters boyfriend, after a great deal of research and some personal experimentation, introduced us to the Joye eGo systems. It's been 6 months! I love the caramel flavors, although there are countless flavors more!, and I get to puff to my hearts content. The nicotine is delivered in a "PG", (propelyne glycol) base which is FDA approved for inhalation. As Strappie mentioned in hys first post, the nicotine "juice"comes in different doses, usually 36/24/18/12/0 Mg's which allow users to cut back on the nicotine dosage as they desire. They are flavored with food grade quality flavoring.
Having said all of this, no distributor is allowed to claim that e-cigarettes are an effective method of quitting smoking. E-cigarettes are no more than a different delivery system for the highly addictive drug, nicotine. They are, however, an effective way to reduce the health risks associated with partaking this particular drug.
Of the 4000 known chemicals in smoke, 50 are known to be cancer causing. No one I know would intentionally introduce acetone, or ammonia into their lungs, nor would they intentionally breathe in more carbon monoxide than they had to. But plenty of people I know, smoke cigarettes, doing everything I just mentioned.
I have become quite a fan of my e-cigs and am "vaping" as I sit and type this. My breathing has improved over the past months, as has my energy level. I know that I am still putting my heart at risk by using nicotine, however, I also know that a couple of e-cigs per day isn't going to do more harm than a half pot of coffee!
I'm a huge advocate of e-cigs and even more so of those of you who have quit cold turkey! Way to go everyone! That's quite an amazing accomplishment considering that nicotine is more addictive than heroine!

** cheers***

W
LadyPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #228
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
What a fantastic reply. I am fortunate that so many of my friends are non smokers, I don't have to leave a room to go chat with them outside. At my age, I don't find much fun in the bar scene...Though an occasional Dyke Night would be fun.
It was a fun time for sure that is the first time i have been dancing without taking a "smoke break" when i needed a break i would sit and have water instead.

I had more energy dancing at last nights event over the last one in February.

besides it was pride night so all the eye "candy" was suppose to be out...sadly enough i dint see any...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #229
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

OK so it has been 14 weeks since I quit. Today, is a little difficult. I am struggling with with boredom, or better yet, lack of work, and that leads to wanting to smoke. The day is half way over, and I am going to find something to do now. Hope everyone has a good day.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #230
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Folks and All; I will try the Joy eGo system advised by the previous poster.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #231
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
OK so it has been 14 weeks since I quit. Today, is a little difficult. I am struggling with with boredom, or better yet, lack of work, and that leads to wanting to smoke. The day is half way over, and I am going to find something to do now. Hope everyone has a good day.
moving forward with what we talked about.

diggin my in

Old 06-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #232
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
That is great! The boredom part often was my undoing. I am grateful that this week has been too busy to be bored. I hope you find something to keep you going!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #233
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Way to go all of you; doing well, still struggling, and /or even thinking about quitting. I heard from my Mom, it was the biggest struggle of her life. Cheeeers 2 u.

RIP Mom
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #234
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Default What to Expect When you quit or at diferent stages

Ok So i was talking to lillith and we decided we are gonna pull in everyone else here who has quit and we are all obviously at different stages have used different methods have shared stories and what have you.....

Story telling...not the same...

"What can I expect when I quit smoking?" this seems to be a big question...

So let put together this what to expect thing so our sisters n brothers who come across this thread will eventually see all we are compiling in our journeys to stay smoke free....

So I will start..

Method - Patch (expired patches i might add, cause im a cheap twit and had no desire to spend money on these things...(even though i would purchase cigarettes ) )

Currently 21 hours from 8 weeks so we will just call it 8 weeks...

The first 5 days mentally were a breeze, i was emotionally and mentally ready for this by a long shot so it seemed this was gonna be easy. Now the heartburn intense heartburn for about three weeks kept me stockpiled in antacids and i think this is a side affect of the patch not sure.

the first 5 weeks were amazing...for me my state of mind and knowing where i want to be. physically not so much my body is wrecked, i cant sleep and yet im tired, im energetic and sleepy all at the same time. and i physically feel starved and full at the same time.

the last 2 weeks---im drained and tired and being that makes for breaking down my guarded self..i also am having trouble breathing and spent those 2 weeks "ten minutes from buying a pack", everything seemed to get on my nerves....

THIS community saved my arse, everyone rallied around me and for that i currently have a tear in my eye, when my own family turned their back on me i had this family to say "dont smoke" "dig your heels in (thank you Doc)"

today i am not having any breathing issues...i feel good physically however im having issues concentrating...this is where im at at 8 weeks...however the point being im at 8 weeks.

diggin my in
btw incubus, if i ever get to meet you i will be the one wearing a cute pair of blue heels for sure...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #235
Daktari

I'm going to assume you made it through the 21hrs and hit 2 months smoke-free gaea

Hopefully if I ever get to meet you the heels won't be dug in so deep and you'll be your proper height!

How're all you new non-smokers feeling/doing?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #236
TxBelle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc
Relationship Status:
single

TxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST ReputationTxBelle Has the BEST Reputation

Just wanted to stop by and offer my encouragement to all the future non-smokers! Non-smokers are sssoooooo sexy.
TxBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TxBelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #237
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I'm going to assume you made it through the 21hrs and hit 2 months smoke-free gaea

Hopefully if I ever get to meet you the heels won't be dug in so deep and you'll be your proper height!

How're all you new non-smokers feeling/doing?
made it to 2 mo and then some 10 hours or so lol 2 mos i did it
Im gonna turn 41 and be a non smoker...wow happy birthday to me think this feels kinda weird...

5'5 barefooted lol a little or a lot taller depending on the heel

Diggen my in

Please don't hesitate to ask Incubus for support or myself or lilith or a number of others here...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM   #238
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
made it to 2 mo and then some 10 hours or so lol 2 mos i did it
Im gonna turn 41 and be a non smoker...wow happy birthday to me think this feels kinda weird...

5'5 barefooted lol a little or a lot taller depending on the heel

Diggen my in

Please don't hesitate to ask Incubus for support or myself or lilith or a number of others here...

2 months is a fab achievement A big fat happy non smoking birthday to you!

Gaea is right, don't hestitate to ask for support...don't struggle in silence, come talk about it, there's loads of us who know the highs and lows of this journey.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #239
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post

2 months is a fab achievement A big fat happy non smoking birthday to you!

Gaea is right, don't hestitate to ask for support...don't struggle in silence, come talk about it, there's loads of us who know the highs and lows of this journey.
Doc,
you have no idea how incredibly happy i am today I wish you could see the smile on my face...

The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #240
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation
Default Keep the Faith

This last week would have been challenging for me even if I was not quitting smoking. It has been touch and go, and I would not consider myself successful except that progress is evident. I am not back to my regular habit nor do I give up. Just trying to get a grip so Quitting does not = Nervous Breakdown.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post: