Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-25-2023, 09:02 PM   #8361
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
JUST SOME FYI....please do NOT send any projects, going forward, requiring a signature!!!

Thank you all!!

This should ALWAYS be the case. I don't know about you but my mail person will NOT hunt me down to sign a package and then it gets routed around and around and I would have to go to the post office to pick it up at 8am because that is the only time it's open and I'm not at work.

Tracking is enough.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2023, 08:20 AM   #8362
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,690 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This should ALWAYS be the case. I don't know about you but my mail person will NOT hunt me down to sign a package and then it gets routed around and around and I would have to go to the post office to pick it up at 8am because that is the only time it's open and I'm not at work.

Tracking is enough.
Thank you for this info!

One HAS to specifically say "NO signature required, please?" .

Old 02-26-2023, 08:30 AM   #8363
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Like you, I, too, have had many medical challenges during last 2 months. I was hospitalized 2 weeks....in congestive heart failure!

My vision is still GREATLY impaired, and esp left eye. That makes right eye strain harder, so I spend several intervals a day doing special eye drops, moist, warm compresses, and I have to rest my eyes more than not.

I have suffered 4 falls....a concussion with last one, torn up my elbow and shins....have had 4 CT scans to ensure no brain bleeds.

I have several lung nodules being monitored, so spent a whole day enduring Pulmonary Function tests, plus a 6 min walk/endurance test....

Am on HIGH DOSE steroids that wreck my body, make my face look like a basketball, plus weight gain. HOPING to get weaned off this next month!

Am also on a very toxic (to lungs) med to control my Afib...so have to be constantly monitored on that! Am in Orlando (1.5 hr each way) 3 or 4 days a week! BUT I still plug away.

These meds rob me of my energy & breath BUT hopefully not too many more months.

These projects were born when I got all that bad news, so I just do a little here & there, as we have had ample time to do these.

I am "good" for most part....just living life as best I can.

Thank you all for your support/friendship/and participating, despite life's curveballs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I agree with clay. All is not lost! Honestly, I only spent 3 days on my projects and that was a couple of hours in the evenings after 9-11 hour work days. Part of that was my natural procrastinating tendency but the majority of it is that I've been struggling with a nasty escalating depressive event over the past several weeks that has really created an energy block (good thing the matchbox project was energy themed, no?) and stifled my creativity, not to mention making going through the basic motions of existence and working a very physically demanding job extremely difficult.

The reason the group created the 'craft jail' was because so many people were bailing on projects halfway through and/or were saying 'it's coming, it's coming' and nothing ever came. That's unfair to the remainder of the participants so we--as a group--designed as fair a consequence as we could think of and a short time out is really not horrible in the long run.

Given that these projects are often tiny bits of our secret self that we send off to everyone, it's a very personal thing when not everyone works the projects with the same intention. I'm still salty about the book that disappeared all those years ago. I did a really adorable collage in it!

clay had great suggestions and, you know, Soft....I think I might prefer the crushed project. It would have character and a story to go with it. I say send the squished ones as is along with whatever ones you complete this weekend. It would be about $30 in postage to overnight the boxes on Monday but it is what it is. I've had to pay it before when I was really behind on a project and I survived.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #8364
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,717 Times in 5,082 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

“Thirding” this (since Gemme seconded it). I live in an apartment building in NYC where sigs just don’t happen and it will get sent right back to you. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
JUST SOME FYI....please do NOT send any projects, going forward, requiring a signature!!!

Thank you all!!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 02:32 AM   #8365
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so sorry about the signature required! I didn't ask for that, so I don't understand why the post office lady did that. I didn't tell her no signature required, but I thought signature was something I had to affirmatively request, not tell them not to do it! I hope that they make it to you, and don't get sent back.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #8366
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,561 Times in 10,218 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Well...when it came time for me to pack up my cute little boxes, I had my drothers with that giant storm, if it would make it. And then..ahh duh, it's only going a couple of hours away. LOL. So..

I did a thing. I hand delivered them to our awesome wrangler. Such a delight to finially meet someone I have known and chatted with!
Lovely wife and Clay💝

I'm ready to be a wrangler. This project was fun and got me back into the creative craft mode! Any ideas floating in your minds??
Paint chips? Zen doodle? That tri art ( what's that called Gemme), scavenger list? Mandala painting on a recycled CD?(foregoing the rock) collage art??
Think about it

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 11:14 AM   #8367
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

[COLOR="Blue"]][QUOTE=clay;1292493]MATCHBOX PROJECTS:
FINAL DUE: 02/28/2023

PARTICIPANTS: 8 signed up...make 7
clay..........RECEIVED
Soft Silver................NOT ABLE TO PARTICIPATE.........Notified me..02/25/23
nycfem.............RECEIVED 01/05/23
GeorgiaMa'am.....enroute
Nina03.......RECEIVED 02/27/23
Besame.......RECEIVED 02/26/23
Gemme....enroute
nanners........RECEIVED 02/03/23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~will mail out week of 03/07/23~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARTISTS ON HOLD
Orema till 6/30/2023
CCB till 7/23/2023
FireSignFemme till 7/24/2023
Soft Silver till 08/28/2023

PROJECTS DUE TOMORROW!!! 02/28/23
Old 02-27-2023, 11:19 AM   #8368
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Well...when it came time for me to pack up my cute little boxes, I had my drothers with that giant storm, if it would make it. And then..ahh duh, it's only going a couple of hours away. LOL. So..

I did a thing. I hand delivered them to our awesome wrangler. Such a delight to finially meet someone I have known and chatted with!
Lovely wife and Clay💝

I'm ready to be a wrangler. This project was fun and got me back into the creative craft mode! Any ideas floating in your minds??
Paint chips? Zen doodle? That tri art ( what's that called Gemme), scavenger list? Mandala painting on a recycled CD?(foregoing the rock) collage art??
Think about it

The pleasure was all ours, to finally meet YOU, Uni Q!!

Thank you for your diligence in making sure they arrived on time!!

The TripTich is the tri panel project you are talking about!!

I am down for something......I just will not be able to do any thing really small, with my vision like it is!

Anyone else?
Old 02-27-2023, 05:29 PM   #8369
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Lovely wife and Clay💝

Think about it

A magazine collage sounds good. I’m thinking 1/4 size of a piece of copy or typing paper??
Zen doodle sounds good too.
After that I’d love to wrangle a Twinchies project.
Cool that you hand delivered! I could have hand delivered mine too, went right past Clay’s city on my way to & from the cruise. I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 07:07 PM   #8370
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

YES! You COULD have hand delivered them, too! You two would have been welcomed!

Ohhh, I LOVE a magazine collage. Looks neat!!! I would need to do an 8x10......my sight is really bad now.

Twinchies are fun BUT not one I can do now, unfortunately!

Zen Doodles are fun, but again, I would have to do at least a 4x8....NOTHING SMALLER for ANY kind of projects, for me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
A magazine collage sounds good. I’m thinking 1/4 size of a piece of copy or typing paper??
Zen doodle sounds good too.
Cool that you hand delivered! I could have hand delivered mine too, went right past Clay’s city on my way to & from the cruise. I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #8371
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

MATCHBOX PROJECTS:

PARTICIPANTS: 7 signed up...make 6
clay..........RECEIVED

GeorgiaMa'am.....enroute

Gemme.......RECEIVED 02/27/28

~~Soft Silver dropped out 02/25/23. Your finished projects for her will be returned with your packages.

ARTISTS ON HOLD
Orema till 6/30/2023
CCB till 7/23/2023

PROJECTS DUE TOMORROW!!! 02/28/23
Old 02-27-2023, 07:19 PM   #8372
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,185 Times in 5,148 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Think about it

I'm intrigued . . . what is the paint chips thing? And do you mean triptychs? And how would a scavenger list work?

I'm so glad you want to wrangle!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 07:23 PM   #8373
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post

So glad you want to wrangle, too, nanners! Let's keep this thing going!

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 07:25 PM   #8374
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

clay, my projects will get to you by noon tomorrow. Unfortunately, I forgot to put the money in! I can mail it to you, or I can PayPal you, or I can Zelle you. What do you prefer? I apologize for the inconvenience.

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2023, 11:19 PM   #8375
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Think about it

I love a good collage, always. Zen doodles are nice. As others have said, I think you mean the triptychs. It's so interesting to see what different people come up with using the same materials, isn't it? I really enjoyed wrangling that project.

I'm so happy my projects got to you on time, clay! A day early, actually, so that's even better.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2023, 08:16 AM   #8376
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
clay, my projects will get to you by noon tomorrow. Unfortunately, I forgot to put the money in! I can mail it to you, or I can PayPal you, or I can Zelle you. What do you prefer? I apologize for the inconvenience.
Mail it will be fine. Paypal takes out a few dollars coming & going, so just mail me $$....no checks pls...
Old 02-28-2023, 10:54 AM   #8377
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,625 Times in 3,978 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, all for being understanding and for wanting my projects anyway, but I threw them out. I was in a whirlwind of trying to get the garden stuff out the door and into the shed so I could work on everything outdoors. They were really smashed! Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2023, 12:34 PM   #8378
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

[COLOR="Blue"][QUOTE=clay;1292493]MATCHBOX PROJECTS:

PARTICIPANTS: 7signed up...make 6
clay..........RECEIVED
GeorgiaMa'am.......RECEIVED 02/28/23
Gemme.......RECEIVED 02/27/23

ARTISTS ON HOLD
Orema till 6/30/2023
CCB till 7/23/2023

ALL projects are now in! Thank you everyone!! GREAT JOB!! You ALL did an incredible craft project. I LOVE them all!! So unique, yet individual!
Old 03-03-2023, 04:56 PM   #8379
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

CRAFTERS:

ALL your packages went out today, and says all should arrive Monday, 03/06/2023.

I will send each your tracking numbers!! Check in reps as some of your PM boxes are FULL!!

Thanks to all of you for doing my TWO projects AND being on time!

I LOVE every one of mine!! ALL of you stepped out of the box!! GOOD JOB!!

ALL of this project is now closed!!
Old 03-04-2023, 07:53 PM   #8380
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Clay, thanks for wrangling! Im excited to get the mail Monday! Our post office is slow so it might be Tuesday.

Besame, are we going to do the magazine collage? I think an 8 X 10 size would be great and easy (plus cheap) to mail. I want to start, LOL!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types