Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
Karysma

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Post Apocolyptic

Karysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Divorce: What's next??

So for any of you who haven't been subjected to my sob story.. My partner/spouse of 18yrs wants a divorce. She told me about the divorce almost a month ago, and I found about the 'other woman' about 2wks ago (who has been in the picture for over a year - and significantly involved for 4-6months). This is the second time with this other person who lives overseas. We still live together because we own a house and will be unable to afford other arrangements until the house sells. She has been pretty considerate in that I never see her communicating with this other person in any way. She behaves much the same way as she usually does. Only thing is that I have to remember not to grab her hand, or give her a good bye kiss.. and obviously we do not sleep in the same room any more. I am just acutely aware that I am living with someone else's boyfriend.. even though it is my spouse.

I feel so damn lonely! I feel rejected. Some part of me wants to join a dating website and find someone to hang out.. but most of me feels like this is too soon - and that if I did this I would feel like I was cheating.. even though this would be ridiculous under the circumstances.

So, my question is.. for those of you who have some knowledge of this kind of a relationship...

1. How long did you have to wait till you started dating?
2. Did it feel like cheating?
3. Should I wait until I get divorced? I have looked into some local singles get togethers.. but I'm not single... and I sort of am...

I realize that this is totally selfish and that it would be classic rebound behavior. I really don't want to drag anyone else into my drama..

Hmm.. it just occurred to me that maybe I should try just being on my own. Maybe that's the answer?

How does one become comfortable with loneliness?

Help! Any thoughts??

I need a little perspective or something..

Give it to me!

Karysma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Karysma For This Useful Post: