Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #11
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
I just saw this thread bumped up and am working on quitting (not very successfully so far).

My question is, did any of you use vaping to quit?

I should preface my post by telling y'all I do have a strong opinion about the vape/pretend cig things.

From my observations of many who are currently using the vape (pretend cig) I can only conclude that they tend not to give up because they're not actually quitting the visual and mental cues that make them smokers. The fact that vaping is legal indoors maintains their reliance on the ingestion and use of the emotional crutch they say they're hoping to break.

We're having a prolonged debate in the fellowship at the moment about these vape things. Those who believe they have a right to do what they want when they want with no regard for others think they should be able to smoke their vapes in meetings until folks point out to them, "aren't you meant to be giving up smoking, why can't you wait like the cig smokers have to?" Which leads them to vape outside, with the smokers, as usual. No change of habit or behaviour which seems to defeat the object really. Staying indoors away from the smokers to vape, still maintains the habits and the reliance on putting something in your lungs to make you feel better.

The only way to give up smoking is to break the habits, behaviours and emotional attachment to something that is bad for us. I don't see how the vape cigs actually do that. In my opinion they maintain the smoking status quo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: