Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #721
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

It's been 2 years and 8 months and I still want one.

It seems to be worse on vacation. Kind of like since we are doing something special we should be "allowed" to smoke. Since we are away and on vacation it shouldn't "count" or something. We should be given a reprieve from the addiction part of it/hell that will ensue if I pick up again, and just enjoy the cigarette, without consequence. So odd. Magical thinking.

Anyway, it happened this past week when we were away at the beach. I said to tantalizing...."lets buy cigarettes!" (she quit when I did). Of course we didn't, but....

My point is, for me it never changes. If I could "get away with it" (meaning, if smoking didn't cause health problems"), I'd be the first in line!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #722
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i have an addictive personality. cigarettes, i am totally addicted. it has been a month since i've had one. june 4th, quit date.

the very sad part is it took a heart attack to get me to quit. and a triple bypass (june 5th). i am only 45. but, i'm doing well.

it's been hard. the depression. trying to forgive myself for the heart attack. my family history is heavy with heart disease, but smoking played a bigger part.

i'll always want a cigarette, surely i will lol. but waking up in icu, ... all the pain, being on a ventilator, etc. ... i'll never smoke again. i'll never put another in my mouth. i won't go there.

i hope all of you quit forever. i give you love and support.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #723
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It's been 2 years and 8 months and I still want one.

It seems to be worse on vacation. Kind of like since we are doing something special we should be "allowed" to smoke. Since we are away and on vacation it shouldn't "count" or something. We should be given a reprieve from the addiction part of it/hell that will ensue if I pick up again, and just enjoy the cigarette, without consequence. So odd. Magical thinking.

Anyway, it happened this past week when we were away at the beach. I said to tantalizing...."lets buy cigarettes!" (she quit when I did). Of course we didn't, but....

My point is, for me it never changes. If I could "get away with it" (meaning, if smoking didn't cause health problems"), I'd be the first in line!

HA! Way to go on not getting them...And even better, WAY TO GO ON THE HONESTY PART...smiles

I so want one still that is no lie...Just is easier to say no.
And I as well look at the health issues now. TIMES TO SHORT!.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #724
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
i have an addictive personality. cigarettes, i am totally addicted. it has been a month since i've had one. june 4th, quit date.

the very sad part is it took a heart attack to get me to quit. and a triple bypass (june 5th). i am only 45. but, i'm doing well.

it's been hard. the depression. trying to forgive myself for the heart attack. my family history is heavy with heart disease, but smoking played a bigger part.

i'll always want a cigarette, surely i will lol. but waking up in icu, ... all the pain, being on a ventilator, etc. ... i'll never smoke again. i'll never put another in my mouth. i won't go there.

i hope all of you quit forever. i give you love and support.
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your srory. And I am so happy you chose to live.

I found out after I stopped that I have emphysima and copd...really is a kick in the ass when you are responsable for your damage huh.

It has taken me months to forgive myself honestly.

Not for me but what I have cheated my children and grandchildren out of.
And possibly what I may be putting them through in years to come.

I am still deciding if relationship ..for me..is going to be a true option...we shall see.

It hurts me to think I may put someone else through rough times due to this.

I so love the honesty on this thread...smiles

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #725
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your srory. And I am so happy you chose to live.

I found out after I stopped that I have emphysima and copd...really is a kick in the ass when you are responsable for your damage huh.

It has taken me months to forgive myself honestly.

Not for me but what I have cheated my children and grandchildren out of.
And possibly what I may be putting them through in years to come.

I am still deciding if relationship ..for me..is going to be a true option...we shall see.

It hurts me to think I may put someone else through rough times due to this.

I so love the honesty on this thread...smiles

lady pamela, i understand exactly what you are feeling. thank you for the reply.

i need to write all these feelings down, sort it all out. i just want to stay away from the pity pool. keep going forward.

my niece and nephew, ... seeing me go through the surgery was emotionally difficult for them. i hope my living helps them. i'd like to say that i quit smoking for those that i love. but i don't think that i did. for now, i just remember the fear.

thank you.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #726
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default 5 months is wonderful news!

Quote:
Wasn't here on the 4th to check in...but....

Officially on the 4th of July...I AM NOW SMOKE FREE 5 months...smiles

Thanks for all the support and for allowing me to give back as well...

Good for you LP!! I hope you are daily able to give yourself kudos for your accomplishment. It is no small feat to put that friggin pack down and leave it, (hopefully soaking in water....LOL) not just by determination...but by your WILL that carries your own personal reasons for quitting.......sometimes it is not an option to regress. Imagine the strength you invoke to maintain your choice.

As well this applies to all of "the quitters" here.....continued success and to those who are still struggling to begin, never give up if it is what you desire.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #727
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shygrrl View Post
Good for you LP!! I hope you are daily able to give yourself kudos for your accomplishment. It is no small feat to put that friggin pack down and leave it, (hopefully soaking in water....LOL) not just by determination...but by your WILL that carries your own personal reasons for quitting.......sometimes it is not an option to regress. Imagine the strength you invoke to maintain your choice.

As well this applies to all of "the quitters" here.....continued success and to those who are still struggling to begin, never give up if it is what you desire.
Thank you!
And most definately I remind myself everyday many times a day...ha.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #728
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am 7%

Today I am celebrating my One year smoke free anniversary today. I am loving it! Freedom!!!!!!!!!!

I am 7%

Statistics tell us that approximately 5 to 7 percent of those people who quit smoking without support are still smoke-free one year later. The key to changing those odds involves support. People who quit smoking with a strong support network around them improve their chances for long-term success considerably.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #729
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats Doll!

I celebrated 1.5 years on June 5th! I quit without support, as in cold turkey.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #730
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

...I do not want to smoke, I do not want to smoke, I do not want to smoke...

*whimper*
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #731
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I just had a QuitNet Anniversary email pop up!

It has been exactly one year since I quit forever!

I'm so proud of me.

I started quitting in 2006...usually at the prompting of someone else...and even though I would quit with the best intentions, subconsciously I knew it wasn't forever.

Last spring I went to my doctor to start a course of anti-depressants for the first time, I finally admitted I couldn't pull myself up and out of it on my own this time. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. It took awhile to find the right medication but when I did so much fell in to place, I had the energy and the desire to get up and out and do things. And I had the personal, internal motivation to start making more changes in my life. I decided to start the C25k running program and I decided to start quitting -for good, for me. The two activities went nicely together because as it happens: I can't smoke AND run. After nearly 2-decades of smoking it was physically impossible for me to carry on smoking and have the lung capacity needed to run for more than a minute. Coincidentally the medication I ended up taking for depression, Welbutrin, has also had clinical success helping with smoking cessation.

It was a perfect storm, in a great way.

And I am so happy for having quit.
And I know this time it is forever.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #732
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Today I am celebrating my One year smoke free anniversary today. I am loving it! Freedom!!!!!!!!!!

I am 7%

Statistics tell us that approximately 5 to 7 percent of those people who quit smoking without support are still smoke-free one year later. The key to changing those odds involves support. People who quit smoking with a strong support network around them improve their chances for long-term success considerably.
Sorry I missed your one year...but wanted to say congrats!!!!
Can't wait till I have atleast that under my belt.

That is soooo awesome...keep it up!!!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #733
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I just had a QuitNet Anniversary email pop up!

It has been exactly one year since I quit forever!

I'm so proud of me.

I started quitting in 2006...usually at the prompting of someone else...and even though I would quit with the best intentions, subconsciously I knew it wasn't forever.

Last spring I went to my doctor to start a course of anti-depressants for the first time, I finally admitted I couldn't pull myself up and out of it on my own this time. It was the best thing I could have done for myself. It took awhile to find the right medication but when I did so much fell in to place, I had the energy and the desire to get up and out and do things. And I had the personal, internal motivation to start making more changes in my life. I decided to start the C25k running program and I decided to start quitting -for good, for me. The two activities went nicely together because as it happens: I can't smoke AND run. After nearly 2-decades of smoking it was physically impossible for me to carry on smoking and have the lung capacity needed to run for more than a minute. Coincidentally the medication I ended up taking for depression, Welbutrin, has also had clinical success helping with smoking cessation.

It was a perfect storm, in a great way.

And I am so happy for having quit.
And I know this time it is forever.
Way awesome for you!
I am so excited for you.
Congrats!!!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #734
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I celebrated 1.5 years on June 5th! I quit without support, as in cold turkey.
Just wanted to say Congrats to you as well.

I am excited to get to that point.
Still amazed it was even possible to stop at all..ya know?
smiles

Anyways, keep it up!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #735
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I won't be back from work untill way late tomorrow and leave at 5 am,
so I had to post tonight...

I AM OFFICIALLY 1/2 A YEAR...OR...6 MONTHS...OR ..182 DAYS..

SMOKE FREE TODAY!!!!

WAHOO!!!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
What an amazing feeling.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #736
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Besides my last post...
I also wanted to thank every one of you who have been here for me to help me.
Some days I have endured, this thread truely helped and kept me from smoking.
Thank you so much!!!

6 MONTHS..HOLY CRAP...CHEESY GRIN!!!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #737
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default how wonderful for you !

Quote:
Besides my last post...
I also wanted to thank every one of you who have been here for me to help me.
Some days I have endured, this thread truely helped and kept me from smoking.
Thank you so much!!!

6 MONTHS..HOLY CRAP...CHEESY GRIN!!!

For me to say great job is not quite enough LP.......I am proud of you ! And very much so proud of all the quitters in this thread ! It ain't easy fo' sure. But it is a wonderful thing !
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #738
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My smoking story...smoked for 25 years...quit in Feb of 2009 by choice. Had a heart attack June, 2009. Remained smoke free until October of 2010. Worst relationship break up of my life up to that point. Drove right to the gas station, bought smokes. Lousy excuse....here I sit...puffing away....quit for 3 days last week, was a wreck...tears...thoughts of feeling like I lost something...bought "just a pack for the weekend"...yea right...why can't I find the place in my mind where I know it's what I HAVE to do...and be ok with it....the expense is outrageous...$19.16 for 2 packs...I AM crazy...I must stop...have tried all the "helpers" nothing has worked so far...sigh...please.... I need to be strong, mind over matter...willpower...blah. Absolutely THE biggest struggle of my life right now....help.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #739
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation
Default 3 months!

I hit the three month mark. I still want them on stressful days.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just try. To err is human.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #740
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
I hit the three month mark. I still want them on stressful days.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just try. To err is human.

Three months is hugeeee!!!
Congrats to you!!

I will say this, when you want a smoke..come read this thread, talk to someone, detour yourself for a minute.

Remember a niccotine fit only lasts 5 minutes in whole. Unless you have them back to back.

Find something constructive to do for that 5 minutes and your mind will change.

Also it charges you and makes you so much stronger for the next one....smiles

Keep up the great work!
So proud of you!!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~