Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #881
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneyedMe View Post
Honey....you are not alone...I could write the same words as you have here....I fight with myself every time I light up....I want and need to do it...my longest time recently was 71 hours...I call them my evil deadly friends and argue why I keep allowing them to keep their grip on me....sigh....we will get there....we will get there...we will!!
Of course you will. You both have what it takes. DESIRE to have somthing diffrent other than smoking .

Keep it up!

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #882
Lofl

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Lofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST ReputationLofl Has the BEST Reputation

I had my last cigarette three months ago, then cut my chew down the beginning of December to 2 cans a week. After a few weeks I cut down to one can a week. Yesterday I finished my last can. Today to keep my mind off of not having what I want, I walked, I shoveled dirt, I cleaned the frig out (so unheard of..hehe) , and stacked enough fire wood for two winters. I so want to jump in the truck and fly down the dirt road to town. Yet here I set, just talking about it and not doing it. Maybe I have won half the battle. Tomorrow at this time I shall know if I won or not….here is to hope. 
Lofl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lofl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #883
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Popping in to lend my support!!! Two and a half years smoke free and counting If I can do it so can you all!!

Keep at it even if today doesn't seem to be the day. Lady Pamela is right...desire counts for everything!!

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #884
Lucian

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Trans mindset without body modification.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Not looking

Lucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST ReputationLucian Has the BEST Reputation

I've been trying to quit for years. I always fail at it. But i have really got to try and succeed. Because i notice the difference now days with physical activity. I don't want that to get even worse. I still have time to turn it around.
Lucian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lucian For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #885
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Good luck to those who are quit...keep it up...it CAN be done!

It was hellish hard for me to quit. I was a 2 pack smoker a day. Chantix was the answer. Yes, I had the shitty dreams and actually felt very nauseous for about 20 minutes every morning after taking the pill, but it was worth it.

The other key for me was using the Chatix for 6 months, rather than the recommended 3 months. I was glad my prescirber was willing to do this.

A bit over 3 years, here!

Keep it up, folks!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #886
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Today, marks my 5 years of smoke free. I would have to agree with Jesse on just knowing when its time to quit. I was just ready to quit, I was tired of the increase of prices, I was also tired of having to walk that extra mile to smoke at work, I was tired of smelling like smoke, and I was just tired of smoking.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to kick the habit-- you can do it!!
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #887
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

i'd been quit about 15 years when mah daddy died. i started back. but have been quit again now fo' 2 years.

love bein' smoke free...
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #888
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
i'd been quit about 15 years when mah daddy died. i started back. but have been quit again now fo' 2 years.

love bein' smoke free...
I quit for 2 years once also...but the fact that you quit again and have done that kick in the ass before..will save you from the next slide..atleast for me it has.

Way to go btw!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #889
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today makes 155 days without a smoke!!!!! Goooooooooo ME!!

Since August I've had a few rough patches but they seem to pass as quickly as they come. I feel pretty lucky that it's been this easy. Still not gonna get too cocky as I have a great failure rate lol!

Anyhoo, just wanted to say congrats to all the new quitters and to those with a few years under their belts, way to go!!!!!!!!!!
funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #890
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Congratualtions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Pamela View Post

Celebrated my 11th month smoke free today...smiles

I know to some it may be silly to do so but today I officially have not smoked aprox. 13,200 ciggarretts.

And have started to regenerate some damage I have done.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO HAVE QUIT, AND THOSE THAT ARE STRUGGLING TOO...cuz it is on your agenda.
Congrats, and on your anniversary, it is on my birthday...We should have celebrated. I still am, I have decided it needs to be a birthday month.

WOW, I can see that image , of all those cigarettes.
Way to go. I have much respect for those that can do this, as I have been told it is harder than drugs and alcohol. My Mom and my ex were heavy smokers, then one day, it was time to put them away. My Mom kept a pack in the freezer.? Peggie kept one in the medicine cabinet.

Last edited by Tommi; 01-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #891
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfemme View Post
Today makes 155 days without a smoke!!!!! Goooooooooo ME!!

Since August I've had a few rough patches but they seem to pass as quickly as they come. I feel pretty lucky that it's been this easy. Still not gonna get too cocky as I have a great failure rate lol!

Anyhoo, just wanted to say congrats to all the new quitters and to those with a few years under their belts, way to go!!!!!!!!!!
Incredible isn't it...the strength we find within when we challenge what feels uncomfortable..at first!

Way to go and so very proud for you!

Keep it up!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #892
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO HAVE QUIT, AND THOSE THAT ARE STRUGGLING TOO...cuz it is on your agenda.
Congrats, and on your anniversary, it is on my birthday...We should have celebrated. I still am, I have decided it needs to be a birthday month.

WOW, I can see that image , of all those cigarettes.
Way to go. I have much respect for those that can do this, as I have been told it is harder than drugs and alcohol. My Mom and my ex were heavy smokers, then one day, it was time to put them away. My Mom kept a pack in the freezer.? Peggie kept one in the medicine cabinet.
Personally saying thank you for the kind words.
And yes celebrating with you would be an honor..smiles

I also kept some around as a crutch incase to show I had some to myself..I was recently able to dismiss those..ha

After recieving news of the emphysima/copd after I quit.
And enduring lack of air even when I did not smoke...I have deeper appreciation of living and air in my lungs.

Also an added true fear of the outcome...which I know from working in medical field for so long.

I am thankful for every second I am aware and breathe.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #893
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

594 hours: 04 minutes: 51 seconds
since my last cigarette

Still craving them pretty bad most of the time, but am determined not to smoke. I was on Chantix but I just could not handle the side effects, primarily the extreme nausea that would last about two hours after each pill. I decided to take myself off of it and just go it alone. (Am allergic to patches and not a fan of gum...had one of the e-cigs but it just makes me want a real one.) Now I carry around a lil box of tic tacs, and every time have a craving I pop one in my mouth. So far, so good!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #894
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie View Post
594 hours: 04 minutes: 51 seconds
since my last cigarette

Still craving them pretty bad most of the time, but am determined not to smoke. I was on Chantix but I just could not handle the side effects, primarily the extreme nausea that would last about two hours after each pill. I decided to take myself off of it and just go it alone. (Am allergic to patches and not a fan of gum...had one of the e-cigs but it just makes me want a real one.) Now I carry around a lil box of tic tacs, and every time have a craving I pop one in my mouth. So far, so good!
Way to go..so happy for you!
Keep it up..step through the hard moments..each nicci last 5 minutes ..remember that..it makes it easier..and don't forget to breath and take your moments still to re group.

Smiles...Again..CONGRAT!

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #895
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

I am doing it with e cigs.
For two weeks I've been weaning myself down off the real shit.
If all goes well today will be my first day of no real ones.
I learned the hard way that I cant have emergency cigarettes around .Period.
That would be like quitting drinking and having an emergency
bottle up in the cupboard I would have never got sober like that.
But I had to try it, yes I did.

Sooo much harder than quitting drinking.
The e cigs are taking the edge off but
the emotional
( OMG Your best friend, your constant source of stuffing
emotions is fucking outta heah?!!!!REALLY?)
stuff is surfacing.

I am also worried about my personality changing
because I don't feel "right".... snort
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #896
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post

the emotional
emotions is fucking outta yeah?!!!!REALLY?)
stuff is surfacing.

I am different with the "emergency" stash. I have the rest of the last pack of Marlboros I bought before the hospital (about 9 cigs) in my purse. My personality is a bit off. If I do not have any, then my mind tells me that the only reason I am not smoking is because I am out. Since I DO have some in my purse, my mind is telling me that I am not smoking because I CHOOSE not to smoke. (See? Odd mind I have lol)

As for personality, I understand about not feeling "right." I have been one cranky cruel bitch, and I still don't recommend looking at me the wrong way. LOL Needless to say, I am hoping it's just the lack of cigs and that I am not really this much of a bitch and just never noticed it before lol

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #897
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:

the emotional
emotions is fucking outta heah?!!!!REALLY?)
stuff is surfacing.

Way to go!!!
Yes this is as hard or close to it as heroin..wow huh...but it is truely doable.

Keep it up and stay busy..but don't forget to breath.
Stay with your method don't stop it to early.
And I suggest reading all posts for great ideas.

Welcome to being a non smoker..smiles

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #898
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation
Default e-cigs

Like Dude I'm using e-cigs.

Since I started with e-cigs (Dec 22nd) I've had 4 tobacco cigarettes total. So far so good.

Over the years I tried gum, patches, Zyban, Chantix. I'd quit for a period of time (as long as 8 years, as little as 6months) but the craving never really left. I'd not smoke by just force of will, often berating myself whether I gave in or not.

The e-cigs taught me a lot about my addiction. I'm not entirely sure it's the nicotine for me. When I smoked I was a 1/2 pack a day smoker, often less. So there wasn't much of a nicotine hit throughout the day.

What I did need was the goodies that came with smoking: the ritual of it, taking a break from work with smoking buddies, the feeling of heat in my mouth, the throat hit, the rolling of something in my fingers. There's also a psychological 'time out' for me as well.

Many times not smoking felt unkind, but then, so did smoking. It's very much a no-win.

With the e-cigs I don't feel like I'm punishing myself when not smoking, nor am I berating myself for 'giving in'.

I don't know if this will be the silver bullet for me, but I'm hoping. That and now I have a bunch of lighters for fire play

Loren

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Loren_Q; 01-29-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Adding something
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #899
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation

triggers

triggers

I'm ok ...I'm ok

geezuz

mornings are hard
nighttime is hard

I'd like to just sleep through the next few weeks
wake me when it's all ovah please
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #900
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Quote:
triggers

triggers

I'm ok ...I'm ok

geezuz

mornings are hard
nighttime is hard

I'd like to just sleep through the next few weeks
wake me when it's all ovah please
Mornings are hard
Nighttime is hard
After meals are hard
After chocolate is hard
Arguing with idiots is hard
Being bored is hard
Driving is hard
Tuesdays are hard
OMG-what-am-i-going-to-wear is hard
Seeing random strangers with cigarettes is hard
etc
etc
etc

I have discovered so many freakin triggers it drives me nutssss!

I stop, I take a few deep and calming breaths, I pop a tic tac or peppermint in my mouth, and I repeat my mantra of "damn it feels so good to breathe and not hack my lungs out every morning" LOL

I certainly hope it gets better, because I loved smoking and did not want to quit. BUT I've already discovered so many advantages to it, that I really hope I can stick with it.

You can too, my friend. It's worth it. Hell, just imagine...we don't stink no more LOL

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: