Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #81
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #82
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh boy, I need book recommendations!
My daughter, 14 years old this summer, loves her some steampunk.
We are always looking for recommended reads.
Qualifiers: Like I said, she's just about 14. Not keen on romance/sex, can tolerate some violence. Pretty high level reader, can read adult books easily so long as content isn't offensive to her.

Happy to hear recommended readings!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #83
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i love this skirt.

Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #84
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Oh boy, I need book recommendations!
My daughter, 14 years old this summer, loves her some steampunk.
We are always looking for recommended reads.
Qualifiers: Like I said, she's just about 14. Not keen on romance/sex, can tolerate some violence. Pretty high level reader, can read adult books easily so long as content isn't offensive to her.

Happy to hear recommended readings!
Hi there easygoingfemme,

Check out kc dyer: http://www.kcdyer.com

I am not sure if it's the exact right age group but I do believe her books are marketed toward 8-14 year olds.

Although I do not think they have a specific Steampunk theme, they do deal with time travel.

I met kc at a writer's convention in Surrey, BC. Lovely human being.
I have not read her books, but cheek them out. They might fit the bill.

~Bleu
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #85
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literature by Jeff VanderMeer and S. J. Chambers
This is available on Amazon in hardcover for like $11.
Hugs
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #86
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for the recommendations!
She's had that steampunk bible out of the library about a hundred times. Think it will be one she needs to own.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #87
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Is there anyone else that is interested or more so fascinated by the subculture of Steampunk?
I find that not only the clothing, artistic styles, old innovated with the new, antiques mixed with modern, all of these beautiful crafted and witty minds and manners are combined to create a fascinating culture.
Steampunk has always been first and foremost a literary genre, or least a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy that includes social or technological aspects of the 19th century (the steam) usually with some deconstruction of, reimagining of, or rebellion against parts of it (the punk). Unfortunately, it is a poorly defined subgenre, with plenty of disagreement about what is and is not included.
It has also been explained as this: What is Steampunk by the way?

Well, if you are not familiar with the term, it refers to a genre of fiction where steam power, spring gadgets and modern marvels of the 20th century are thrown back to Victorian aesthetics. Technology in a Neo-Victorian setting. The term has spread on to include not just books, but any real mashing up of technology with more classical style, where Verne-esque and Wellsian science is a reality. Some post-apocalyptic elements rise up on occation, depending on the portrayal.

The definitions across the internet vary quite a bit, but that is the general gist of it. Regardless of what your definition of steampunk, welcome to Steampunk Lab, home of all manner of inventions of a curious sort.
No matter how it is explained, everyone has an opinion on it, and most will argue that theirs is more of the truer statement. I tend to think that all views are exceptional and fascinating... Anyone have an interest? Or photo's to share?

Been actively doing and being a steampunk for several years now. I frequent a local to me convention geared specifically for (haha, look at me with the puns) steampunk called Steamcon (will be happening this year on October 25th-27th in Bellevue, WA).

I recommend that if you are able, you should look into going....it is a blast.

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #88
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots_On_The_Rocks View Post
Been actively doing and being a steampunk for several years now. I frequent a local to me convention geared specifically for (haha, look at me with the puns) steampunk called Steamcon (will be happening this year on October 25th-27th in Bellevue, WA).

I recommend that if you are able, you should look into going....it is a blast.
This is fantastic information. Thank you for sharing, good to meet you.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #89
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
This is fantastic information. Thank you for sharing, good to meet you.

Hey, no worries.

There are a few conventions out here around the Pac NW. I'll have to get links for them all....but will post them here as I get them.

Steamcon's link: Here

Victoria Steam Expo's link: Here (they need to update the site tho)

GearCon's link: Here

-Me

"Without passion man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark." ~ Henri Frederic Amiel
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #90
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Something special to give my Honey-Sugar-Bear-Santa,
on our first anniversary (in July). Hopefully I can find something like this soon.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #91
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Wish List

:::> sigh <::::

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #92
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

omg, omg.... Trust me I love, love, love Steam Punk items...... Well.
. Bèsame got me the most[ awesome, and I mean awesome steam punk watch
.wish I could show a picture
But... imagine..... floating numbers, beautiful black leather band... as well as being able to see my wrist under all the rotating gears...
Now she knows how to make her guy strut.

Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #93
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I like Victorian and gothic styles and Steampunk seems related to that. Some of it is really cool.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:29 AM   #94
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Old 09-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #95
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I love that! Octopuses are huge in this house!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #96
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default My card, Mesdames et Messieurs

Good afternoon, gentlefolk. I am a Professional* Navigatrix and Amateur Retrophrenologist. I once brought the sailing ship "The Wanton Strumpet" safely into dock at Ulan Bator in thick fog - I was only let go because Captain Ceri had actually wanted to dock at Shanghai, but she did say I made a good job of the docking though. I was then in the employ of the Blue Star airship line, mostly on the run from New Victoria to Chalons in the Belgian Coprates on Mars, but also took part in the Syrtis Minor expedition, as I hold a Lieutenancy in HM Naval Reserve.

Currently resting between jobs. Please send offers of employment to:

Ms Esme nha Maire, c/o Mrs Throckmortons' Guest House, 47 Albert Boulevard, New Victoria, Western British Territory, Mars.

Yours sincerly, etc.

---------------

*(in my mind, though I do actually know some basics of aerial naviagtion)
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #97
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default October: Steampunk Spider Art

a friend of mine made a pair of copper wire spider earrings for me, and a copper-wired spider web with a spider.

_____ ______