Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #61
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That looks yummy. Do you really think that I can do it? Okay, I will strap on my apron and give it my best. 😊
I know for fact that you can do it.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #62
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I know for fact that you can do it.
Thank you for your support.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #63
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Would someone please give me simple instructions for the dough part of cobbler?
Bisquick baking mix has a recipe for a good cobbler dough that both my grandmother and mother used.

Omg, now I have to make a peach cobbler
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 01:01 PM   #64
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That looks yummy. Do you really think that I can do it? Okay, I will strap on my apron and give it my best. 😊
Psst Chad I think one ties on an apron......just saying
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #65
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Psst Chad I think one ties on an apron......just saying
Haha! I need to take a class in apron attire.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #66
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

What's the latest on the cobbler situation? Did you make it, are you going to attempt to make it, etc etc etc?
Old 04-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #67
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Haha! I need to take a class in apron attire.

Yup, and if they give ya one of those aprons that tie in the back, fake an arm injury and hopefully some nice femme will assist you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 06:20 PM   #68
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Yup, and if they give ya one of those aprons that tie in the back, fake an arm injury and hopefully some nice femme will assist you
Absolutely! Femmes are so helpful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #69
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chad-for the future

try>>>>3/4 c old fashioned oats, 1/4 c brown sugar, 2 Tbsps flourTbsps. chopped pecans(optional)-Mix well together--cut into mixture 5 Tbsps (or so) of cold butter. Mix til crumbly. Add to top of peaches. Bake. Amazing-
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #70
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Recipe

I am going to make deviled eggs. I have never made them before but the recipe looks easy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/c...ed-eggs-recipe
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #71
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am going to make deviled eggs. I have never made them before but the recipe looks easy.

an easy way to fill the egg halves is to snip the corner off a ziplock bag, fill with the egg yolk mixture and squeeze onto the egg whites halves...i find it easier than a spoon

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #72
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
an easy way to fill the egg halves is to snip the corner off a ziplock bag, fill with the egg yolk mixture and squeeze onto the egg whites halves...i find it easier than a spoon
Thank you Cricket26.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #73
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

You can use a cookie press to make fancy swirls of the egg yolks mixture, too!

Try some different things in the egg yolk mix...I use : bleu cheese, bacon bits crumbles, old bay seasoning for a kick, and other things.

Adding the bleu cheese crumbles makes them "bleu devils"....
Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #74
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I have seen a lot of recipes on Pinterest for overnight oats. Has anyone ever tried making these?
Old 04-30-2017, 06:11 PM   #75
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I have seen a lot of recipes on Pinterest for overnight oats. Has anyone ever tried making these?
no........but i'm intrigued...I love my oats a little undercooked so this might be amazing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2017, 07:19 PM   #76
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
You can use a cookie press to make fancy swirls of the egg yolks mixture, too!

Try some different things in the egg yolk mix...I use : bleu cheese, bacon bits crumbles, old bay seasoning for a kick, and other things.

Adding the bleu cheese crumbles makes them "bleu devils"....
Wow buddy! I want to cook with you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 05:15 PM   #77
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

This afternoon, I noticed that I had several Golden apples that needed to be used, so I made an interesting apple pie, that's baking in the oven right now. If you want to try making an apple pie, here's how I made my current dish:

Brown Sugar Apple Pie with Lemon

4-5 small to medium sized Golden apples.
1 small lemon
1 c Brown Sugar
3 tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
1/2 c. Flour
3-4 pats of salted butter

Pie Crust:

2 c. Flour
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of Cream of Tatar
1/2 c. Softened Coconut oil (not liquid state).
Cup of ice cold water.

Prep time: half hour or so.
Baking time: 30-40 minutes.
Oven Temp: 375*

Directions:

1) wash apples, cut into quarters, remove core from quartered sections, slice each quarter into small sizes, rinse apple cutlets off, then put them aside in a clean bowl. Cut lemon in half, then squeeze the juice from one half of the lemon over the apples.

2) In another clean mixing bowl, put your flour, salt abd Cream of Tarter, for the pie crust, into the bowl. Cut, with an fork and butter knife, the coconut oil into the flour until the flour concoction resembles little beaded marbles. Next, use tiny bits of the ice cold water and knead it into the pie dough, lightly and quickly, until you can form the dough into a ball. Divide the pie dough into 2 dough balls. Use wax paper or parchment paper to roll each dough ball.out into the shape and depth of the pie dish.

3) Place one sheet of pie dough into the pie dish. Arrange the apple cutlets into the pie crust shell. You should have enough apple cutlets that it will mound up nicely inside the pie dish.

4) In another small mixing dish, combine the half cup of flour, 1cup of Brown sugar and spices. Stir it up until it's mixed up well, together. Use almost all of it to sprinkle over the apple cutlets in the pie crust shell. Place pats of butter in alternate arrangement atop the pie. Squeeze the juice of the other lemon across the floured, sugared, spiced mixture.

5) Place other rolled out pie dough ball over the top of the pie. Seal the edges of the pie crusts by squeezing them together, as you tuck the crusts into the pie shell.as you move circular around the pie dish. Use the tiny left over portion of floured, sugared, spiced mixture to sprinkle across the top of the finished pie.

6) Place pie in oven which is preheated to 375*. Bake for nearly 30-40 minutes. Check frequently after the 30 minute mark to make sure the crust is browning nicely, but also to make sure you don't burn the crust. Once the crust is nicely browned, turn the oven off. Remove pie from oven and let the pie cool... for about 20 minutes.

7) Enjoy.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #78
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I love and adore apple pie but I am a failure at pie crust. I always do something wrong and it is usually like shoe leather

My youngest daughter makes the lightest, flakiest crust. *Sigh*

Now I can't eat the carbs anyway so maybe it is for the best!

Your pie sounds awesome Kätzchen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
This afternoon, I noticed that I had several Golden apples that needed to be used, so I made an interesting apple pie, that's baking in the oven right now. If you want to try making an apple pie, here's how I made my current dish:

Brown Sugar Apple Pie with Lemon

4-5 small to medium sized Golden apples.
1 small lemon
1 c Brown Sugar
3 tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Allspice
1/2 c. Flour
3-4 pats of salted butter

Pie Crust:

2 c. Flour
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of Cream of Tatar
1/2 c. Softened Coconut oil (not liquid state).
Cup of ice cold water.

Prep time: half hour or so.
Baking time: 30-40 minutes.
Oven Temp: 375*

Directions:

1) wash apples, cut into quarters, remove core from quartered sections, slice each quarter into small sizes, rinse apple cutlets off, then put them aside in a clean bowl. Cut lemon in half, then squeeze the juice from one half of the lemon over the apples.

2) In another clean mixing bowl, put your flour, salt abd Cream of Tarter, for the pie crust, into the bowl. Cut, with an fork and butter knife, the coconut oil into the flour until the flour concoction resembles little beaded marbles. Next, use tiny bits of the ice cold water and knead it into the pie dough, lightly and quickly, until you can form the dough into a ball. Divide the pie dough into 2 dough balls. Use wax paper or parchment paper to roll each dough ball.out into the shape and depth of the pie dish.

3) Place one sheet of pie dough into the pie dish. Arrange the apple cutlets into the pie crust shell. You should have enough apple cutlets that it will mound up nicely inside the pie dish.

4) In another small mixing dish, combine the half cup of flour, 1cup of Brown sugar and spices. Stir it up until it's mixed up well, together. Use almost all of it to sprinkle over the apple cutlets in the pie crust shell. Place pats of butter in alternate arrangement atop the pie. Squeeze the juice of the other lemon across the floured, sugared, spiced mixture.

5) Place other rolled out pie dough ball over the top of the pie. Seal the edges of the pie crusts by squeezing them together, as you tuck the crusts into the pie shell.as you move circular around the pie dish. Use the tiny left over portion of floured, sugared, spiced mixture to sprinkle across the top of the finished pie.

6) Place pie in oven which is preheated to 375*. Bake for nearly 30-40 minutes. Check frequently after the 30 minute mark to make sure the crust is browning nicely, but also to make sure you don't burn the crust. Once the crust is nicely browned, turn the oven off. Remove pie from oven and let the pie cool... for about 20 minutes.

7) Enjoy.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #79
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh! I totally know what you mean about pie crust that is over worked to the point that it's like tough shoe leather or worse, similar to...ummmm.... concrete.

So glad you brought that up Anya because I realism now that I left out an important fact about making pie crust. While it's true that you need to work with the dough in light, quick strokes to form a dough ball....it's important too, though not over work the dough or try to form ball into a compact ball. It's important to Remember to lightly form and shape the ball....and to roll out the dough with the sane care: short quick strokes, not too much pressure, etc.

Also.... I double sift my flour. Presided flour is not enough. It needs to be sifted at least twice. It makes the flour easier to work with, increases the way it will rapidly accept the coconut oil and water.

Thanks for the compliment, Anya!

I am sorry to hear that you have to be careful with carbohydrates..... I think the way our bodies metabolize foods is a mystery to me. Hopefully you can indulge in chocolate. It's not a carb, right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I love and adore apple pie but I am a failure at pie crust. I always do something wrong and it is usually like shoe leather

My youngest daughter makes the lightest, flakiest crust. *Sigh*

Now I can't eat the carbs anyway so maybe it is for the best!

Your pie sounds awesome Kätzchen!!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #80
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

So I gave it a shot and made the over night oats! I googled it and it said u didn't have to use a glass jar, that plastic was fine. Someone suggested an empty peanut butter jar and since I planned on putting pb and bananas in mine, that's what I used. Well...... they came out so-so. I don't know if I really care for them? I will try again with the glass mason jar and maybe regular milk? I used soymilk.