Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Washington Forums

Old 10-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #41
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Ferry System offers an excellent way to get back and forth from various parts of the state therefore eliminating much highway & expressway driving.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 11:30 AM   #42
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I lived on Kitsap Penninsula for more than 4 years, which is across the Sound from Seattle and about an hour away. Where I was, there was a small town feel and the usual fair could be found...movies, museums, hiking trails, etc. I lived in Bremerton, a Navy town. We chose to live there because we found Seattle to be entirely too expensive and congested. I like a little bit of space in my bubble.

Going into Seattle was fun though. There's always something to do. Pike Place Market, Music Museum, concerts, shows/theatre, underground tours, etc. The Space Needle is a tourist trap, though. Sure, the view is gorgeous, but you have to pay a minimum to dine up there and the service sucks. The food is okay, though.

As far as actually living there, Seattle is horrible during harsh winters. The hills (and there are a LOT of them) ice over and it's very common to have cars sliding back down into one another. For me, that's very scary.

However, the spring and summer cannot be beat! SeaFair brings in the speedboats and bathtub racers and Blue Angels but they are only a small part of the fabulousness of summertime in the PNW. Swimming, hiking, camping and day/road trips are the thing then. Temperatures are usually from the high 70s to the low or mid 90s, rarely hitting triple digits, but when they do, it's good to have a/c (half the homes don't have it).

Fall is absolutely stunning, with the leaves changing color and the nip and chill in the air.

I found that the atmosphere is quite tolerable there. Lots of family and lots of tatted and pierced folk all over. Friendly!

Wherever you decide to relocate to, definitely do your research. I did some with online income calculators only and they were all waaaay off base! WA and OR are right in line with CA as far as living expenses.
This was an excellent description......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #43
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I lived on Kitsap Penninsula for more than 4 years, which is across the Sound from Seattle and about an hour away. Where I was, there was a small town feel and the usual fair could be found...movies, museums, hiking trails, etc. I lived in Bremerton, a Navy town. We chose to live there because we found Seattle to be entirely too expensive and congested. I like a little bit of space in my bubble.

Going into Seattle was fun though. There's always something to do. Pike Place Market, Music Museum, concerts, shows/theatre, underground tours, etc. The Space Needle is a tourist trap, though. Sure, the view is gorgeous, but you have to pay a minimum to dine up there and the service sucks. The food is okay, though.

As far as actually living there, Seattle is horrible during harsh winters. The hills (and there are a LOT of them) ice over and it's very common to have cars sliding back down into one another. For me, that's very scary.

However, the spring and summer cannot be beat! SeaFair brings in the speedboats and bathtub racers and Blue Angels but they are only a small part of the fabulousness of summertime in the PNW. Swimming, hiking, camping and day/road trips are the thing then. Temperatures are usually from the high 70s to the low or mid 90s, rarely hitting triple digits, but when they do, it's good to have a/c (half the homes don't have it).

Fall is absolutely stunning, with the leaves changing color and the nip and chill in the air.

I found that the atmosphere is quite tolerable there. Lots of family and lots of tatted and pierced folk all over. Friendly!

Wherever you decide to relocate to, definitely do your research. I did some with online income calculators only and they were all waaaay off base! WA and OR are right in line with CA as far as living expenses.
If anyone is considering a move, you can't best the PacificNorthWest IMHO
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #44
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Oh and btw..........

..Please don't be put off by all that talk of rain!

I would say the past 4 or 5 years we've had the least amount of rain I can remember of in the 17 years I've lived here......
Old 04-04-2019, 07:43 PM   #45
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
..Please don't be put off by all that talk of rain!

I would say the past 4 or 5 years we've had the least amount of rain I can remember of in the 17 years I've lived here......
Annually, it rains more in FL than in WA.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #46
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Honestly? Everything. It's felt like home to me since the first time I lived there (18 years ago now). The trees particularly - the amount of trees/forest, the weather. It soothes me
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 02:26 AM   #47
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Another great thing about this area is you're never far from something fun to do! If you want to ski, a trip up to the mountains doesn't take long! Want to fish, again a drive to one of the many lakes, doesn't take long. Hiking, mountain and rock climbing they are all within a stone's throw of each other! Want to shop OMG we have great shopping from West Bend where the outlet mall is to Downtown Seattle it's a bonanza for shopping enthusiasts! If you're a people watcher and just want to sit and watch, we got plenty of places to do just that......don't EVEN get me started on the food
Old 04-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #48
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

This is held every year around the middle of July.....

If lavender isn't your thing, we also have the Skagit Tulip Festival, Hempfest, Bumpershoot and a whole array of other events to keep you busy!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #49
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Music, Music, Music plus much more........

2019 Bumbershoot Dates: Fri, Aug 30, 2019 – Sun, Sep 1, 2019

If you a fan of music WA has plenty of it.....

The Capital Hill Block Party is another event for music lovers as well. It's held in the middle of summer and runs for three days....
Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #50
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

WA has a great gay community!

During Pride Week alone there is a plethora of events to choose from!

We have a street fair on Broadway, a Dyke March Saturday Evening , and a great Parade, lead off by dykes on bikes, the culminates the week's event!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #51
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default State Educational System.......

You'll have to search long and hard to find a place that beats WA!

Colleges, Universities, Community Colleges... some of the best IMHO
Old 04-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #52
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Seattle has Goodwill Ambassadors that are more than happy to dispense suggestions of where to go and what to see in the great state of WA. I can't guarantee she's one of them, but then again perhaps she is......

If you're curious come check WA out........
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 10:31 AM   #53
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Nature that offers breathe taking views......

Even tho I prefer to enjoy nature from the comfortable front seat of a luxury automobile for those of you's who like it up close and personal, you can't go wrong in the wonderful state of WA..