Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #81
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

teacher here. my last line of work before retirement, I hope. there were several before this. Anyway, it's so so much fun part of the time. But when it's not, it is a huge amount of work in conditions that are insulting to one's dignity and sometimes heartbreakingly sad.

But there's that fun. Not too many jobs are fun and meaningful. Still most days it's a toss up as to whether I made the right decision. Some it's "Why did I ever get into this profession?"

My mom and dad are both retired teachers. They both said, "DON'T DO IT!" I do not think I made the wrong decision, but seven years in, I now know what they meant.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #82
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Self employed business owner. I do medical billing & collections, utilization review, and managed care contracting. I specialize with Behavioral Health treatment facilities (drug & alcohol treatment, eating disorder treatment, etc)

I actually might be looking for someone to help me with the UR work, if you are experienced. You can even work from home!

APG
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #83
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a freelance sculptor/scenic artist. I make sculptural scenery for theatre, film and TV. You can often find me on a ladder or scaffolding cutting up huge chunks of styrofoam with my sawzall while dressed in clothing horribly encrusted with layers of paint and plaster. I usually work no more than a few weeks or months on a typical assignment, and I sometimes only work on a particular job for a day or two. That works out very well for someone as cantankerous as I can be because it keeps me from getting overly annoyed by irritating people. I also have the freedom to decide when and how much time to take off work, which suits me well. I get paid when I work, and I don't get paid when I go on vacation. Easy-peasy. That said, it's a feast-or-famine business, but I don't have a huge mortgage or children to support, so the dry times don't usually concern me very deeply. We often work very loooong hours. A typical day on a movie is 10 hours long before they start throwing emergency scenery at us, and the giant sculptural work in which I specialize is quite physically demanding. Younger artists are typically the most enthusiastic about those long hours, but most of them still can't keep up with me. (I just turned 50!!! YAY!)

I'm a member of a small union, (it's more like an artisan's guild than a traditional union, and our officers are scrupulously honest), so I get the best of both worlds. The union negotiates and enforces our contracts so I don't have to worry about getting stiffed by an employer. Through my union I have decent medical insurance, a 401k, and I'm accruing pension benefits, plus I'm eligible for unemployment benefits when there's no work.

Even though it's not my own art, I make a decent living as a sculptor in NYC. I'm very good at what I do, and my coworkers, (an odd cast of rotating characters, many of whom have known me and each other for decades), deeply respect me and my skills. I feel very lucky.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #84
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I am so fortunate that I am an RN. It has served me so well through thick and thin.

I wanted to be a nurse from the time I was little but after I was left with a 6-month old and a 2-year old by their deadbeat dad, I knew it was the best choice I had to be able to support them. I spent a few years on welfare, doing all the prerequisites, got into nursing school, earned my nursing, bachelors degree and never looked back.

Right now I am struggling with whether or not to accept a job offer I just got yesterday. It is for way more money but also way more work. It is a management position. I am so torn. My current job has less stress, is closer to my home but there is no opportunity for advancement. I was willing to settle.

Out of the blue came a recruiter and this company that recognizes my worth, my skill set and value. Did I mention, a ton more work? I swore I would never get back into management again! The politics make me cringe but there is no escaping politics anywhere these days, in any organization.

I wish I did not have to make this decision now. I was not looking for a move. I am still not 100% from my surgeries as well as dealing with matters of the heart.

I know so many people on the Planet and in the USA are looking for work. I am grateful to be in the position of being employed. I do know how fortunate I am.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #85
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

100% self employed freelance sign language interpreter. Which has it perks, but is VERY slow during the summer!! Picking up now tho!! Yayaya!

:-)

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #86
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Many passions in life....

Currently:

Certified Reflexologist working at a Massage/Lymphedema clinic seeing clients 2 days a week. Reflexology is based on the science that the 7,200 nerve endings and countless reflexes in each foot correspond to the different parts of the body, and by stimulating them you can bring circulation and healing to the client. It's an amazing modality. (Low hours high pay job)

Also Domestic Goddess and House wench at Syr's farm. i now make jams/jellies to sell and create crochet odds and ends to sell. (low to no pay stuff)

Then there is my photography, i try to sell prints when i can, and still tiptoeing into shooting live people. (it cost me basically to do this lol)

Formerly: banking officer , owner of legal courier service, clean air technician, Activities Director at a head injury unit and Oregon Campground Resort store clerk/dishwasher/prep-cook/ice-creamservertocutelilkids/lake bum ( <-- fun as hell but hard work,long hours,sell your soul, no pay job... )

i've been everywhere, Man.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #87
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a microbiologist. It started as a part time position 21 years ago... back then, I wanted to be a rock star (quit laughing, I'm serious), and was looking for a part time position that would supplement the (lack of) income from my every-weekend touring and gigging schedule. But then the band broke up, and my supplementary part time position became a permanent full-time position. I'm pretty sure my mom was turning cart-wheels in her front yard that day.

I did go back to get a masters in my field, but nothing beats on-the-job experience. I've recently noticed I'm the go-to person in the lab- when others are having problems identifying or isolating an organism, I'm the the one called in to help. It seems I've picked up a hell of a lot of obscure-yet-practical knowledge while I was eking out my own way in a field I didn't mean to enter.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #88
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I did accept the new job. It is very scary to take a plunge into the unknown. I like security, familiarity and ease in a job. I like the people that I have worked with, with few exceptions. It is hard to leave those good folks.

Yet, I did take the plunge. Yesterday I spent packing up my office (well, cubicle) and it made me cry. Very sad to leave for the unknown. I worry that it was not the right time due to my age, recent recovery, the impending workload, yada, yada and that I could obsesses about 199 more things. If I let myself, that is.

On the other hand, it is exciting, a wonderful professional opportunity that I am grateful to have and my life is good right now. I am going to work on changing my customary glass half empty view of life to gee, that glass is more than half full!

Life is just too short not to look at it that way.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #89
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,355 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I bet a lot people here know that I am a high school math teacher.

I was an adult literacy teacher and administrator for a long time, and

I went back to school when I was 38 years old, and

I earned a second bach with a double major in math and computer science.

I earned an advanced degree in math and science education last year.

Like Martina posted, when my job is going well, it's awesome, the best job ever, but

When the administrators are sniffing up my butt, and

I don't have supplies I was promised for a complex course that I have never taught before,

I can't even say Good Morning to the administrators when

They walk around the building to make sure we are at our duty stations.

What was the question?
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #90
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i work at my gym, Gold's Gym. changing names to Fitness SF.
anyway, currently i work the early morning shift 4:15am - 10:10am. it is part time with no benefits. (low pay, low hours)
this was a conscious choice, enabling me to study for my personal training certification.
i'm almost there... sept. 22 i retake the exam for the 3rd time (this exam is a BITCH)
i'm ready.
i'm also training for half marathons, duathlons, and triathlons... eventually my goal is to be a Professional Athlete. one of the members of my gym is my coach (pro bono) i'm very
choosing this industry has been one the BEST decisions i have ever made. i couldn't be happier with myself.

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tazz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #91
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Firefighter/Emt been driver/engineer on fire engine for over 20 years in a busy city. [too busy thats why i live 30 mins away]

Ive seen things people didnt want me to see...and things i didnt want to see.

Also a landlord with rentals... so always a chore...always a project!

My dream job....when i retire..... HOMO DEPOT!... i love it! tools,paint,wood,tile etc My favorite place!

retirement....my day will come!

I,M BLESSED TO HAVE A JOB!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #92
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

anyone looking for a job??? want to drive a cargo van???
i know a lady whom is seeking a driver, she is out of pittsburgers..
she'd like drivers to live near by , OH, Pa , NY, MI , but you can be from anywhere..
orientation is every monday at Panther , in seville ohio...
just need your reg. general license or class B ... can have hazmat but not neccesary .....
this is not your typical 9-5 job.. its being out on the open road, gone from home frequently
call cathy ... for more info ... 724-518-1501

she is a nice lady the owner of the vans, is a decent owner, has nice bunks in the vans.
can get pre approved by panther

http://www.pantherexpedite.com

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #93
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

It's interesting to me that the U.S. unemployment rate, according to the Department of Labor, is about 7.8% right now, but the unemployment rate in people who responded to this survey is about 20.52%.

I fear unemployment, I think, more than anything in the world. I live in one of the boroughs of New York City, and it was a huge relief for me, when I went from grant-funded work to a job funded by City funds, and much more secure.

I have never dated someone who struggled with employment. I've always somehow dated people who had even more secure jobs than mine. It just happened that way. I seem to attract people who are higher achievers than I am, for some reason.

I think unemployment is more of an issue for people who live in any disenfranchised group, including people on the far end of the gender spectrum, and people who live in harder hit areas of the country where entire industries have folded. I'm wondering if that is a factor in the numbers I'm seeing in this little internal survey.

I definitely see the perks of having a domestic partner, and a shared household and budget and planning for the future. It must feel amazing to know someone's got your back, someone will be there if you lose your job or get sick. I remember what that felt like, but it's been over ten years since N and I broke up. I don't want to make decisions out of fear, but I understand why people settle for situations that aren't ideal, because it feels more secure.

I am so full of fear sometimes.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #94
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Islandscout,

I hear what you are saying about the numbers of unemployment here vs. the general population. Something to keep in mind is that this thread started in 11/2010 and that is no doubt when most people answered the poll.

Also, I wonder if stats would show that there is a high percentage of nonworkers who go online than workers, simply due to available time.

However, I do know that I have read that "lesbians" have a greater unemployment rate than heterosexual women, which may at least be partially to the gender presentation of us butches. I dunno.

ETA: All I know is that I have always felt fortunate to be in mental health. Being gay is more accepted...or rather, you look like a jackass if you verbalize having a problem with gay people. It is still ok to be grossed out by trans people in some mental health circles, however.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #95
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I agree, it would be interesting to take this poll again.

I am self employed. I have a private practice where I provide holistic health counseling. I primarily focus on helping women heal their relationship with food. Being holistic, I work on the whole picture of food, lifestyle, healthy relationships, exercise. I see a lot of people here in my office but also work by phone and have clients all over the states and sometimes internationally.
I absolutely love my job.

On the side, I am one of four directors for a big three day international music and dance festival that is held in my town every winter. That is a labor of love.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #96
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I am a full time employed civil servant. My profession is Planning. I have been an Urban Planner, Transportation Planner and now Environmental Planner. I fell into this profession by chance. My minor in undergrad work was Urban Planning.

Don't get me wrong, I have been grateful for most of my adult life I have had steady employment and my profession is not my passion. Currently I am on medical leave. It may be time to retire, go to graduate school and do something I feel passionate about.

Please Grey, do not let fear hold yourself back.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #97
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

I work a full time job as an RN and a part time job as an RN and do some volunteer work for a beautiful cause .
If I won the lottery my job would be to travel , fish and hunt full time and I would still volunteer for the same cause .
My wife works full time as a social worker and has a PRN job she will work at once a month just to stay on at this other company .
We work too much but we like to travel alot and plus are putting back for some important stuff we are working on
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #98
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am so fortunate that I am an RN. It has served me so well through thick and thin.

I wanted to be a nurse from the time I was little but after I was left with a 6-month old and a 2-year old by their deadbeat dad, I knew it was the best choice I had to be able to support them. I spent a few years on welfare, doing all the prerequisites, got into nursing school, earned my nursing, bachelors degree and never looked back.

Right now I am struggling with whether or not to accept a job offer I just got yesterday. It is for way more money but also way more work. It is a management position. I am so torn. My current job has less stress, is closer to my home but there is no opportunity for advancement. I was willing to settle.

Out of the blue came a recruiter and this company that recognizes my worth, my skill set and value. Did I mention, a ton more work? I swore I would never get back into management again! The politics make me cringe but there is no escaping politics anywhere these days, in any organization.

I wish I did not have to make this decision now. I was not looking for a move. I am still not 100% from my surgeries as well as dealing with matters of the heart.

I know so many people on the Planet and in the USA are looking for work. I am grateful to be in the position of being employed. I do know how fortunate I am.

Sis o mine thank you for sharing this little bit you shared .
I don't divulge much about my life , in all honesty two people know every detail of my life and one of those people is no longer alive .
I started working at 10 mowing yards in my neighborhood .
There was a point in my life barely 21 where I was homeless. I worked two minimum wage jobs , many hours and instead of paying rent , it went towards college books , school supplies and food. I showered at friends places and crashed on some couches in the winter months and slept in my car in the park during warmer weather .
Nobody in my classes knew my personal life and I'm a proud person and hate help. I've never taken a cent from anyone nor ever asked for grants or loans .
I was in lab tech school at this point and was doing clinicals at a hospital ( who ended up hiring me ) . I realized on the old side of this hospital there were two floors that were empty of pts and they had it closed . The rooms still had outdated beds but the rooms also had a bathroom and shower with running water . I asked some lab folks about the two empty floors and they said that they have been closed for many years and used for storage .
I thought hmmmm I wonder if anyone would even know if I slept there and so I did . I lived there unnoticed for 13 months til one day a nun opened the door and was shocked . This is a Catholic hospital who at the time the nuns ran the place . I was scared to death expecting the worse outcome . She sat on the bed and talked to me for over an hour about a lot of things .
She told me that I was welcome and if anyone ever said anything to me or caught me to have them speak directly to her . she said after I graduate lab tech school to find her and she would get me an interview however to be very quiet and dont tell anyone what I was doing about staying there . I said ok. I graduated, took my board test and was hired there in the lab everyone has hard times and no matter how hard they get , it always works itself out .
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #99
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Default driving job available

a friend of mine Cathy owns a cargo van ... leased to
Panther transportation.... located out of Seville Oh.
she is looking for a driver
this is a over the road job...
you need to have a CDL endorsement on your licensee which is just general knowledge from the CDL handbook.
if interested please contact Cathy 724-518-1501 for more info she is the one hiring.
to learn more about Panther here is the link.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #100
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
a friend of mine Cathy owns a cargo van ... leased to
Panther transportation.... located out of Seville Oh.
she is looking for a driver
this is a over the road job...
you need to have a CDL endorsement on your licensee which is just general knowledge from the CDL handbook.
if interested please contact Cathy 724-518-1501 for more info she is the one hiring.
to learn more about Panther here is the link.

Hey, morningstar, I think it is great that you posted this! How about cutting/pasting it into the "Job Fair" thread? It is in the same forum as this thread.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job