Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a cheap bastard?
Yes, and my mama is damned proud of me! 19 21.35%
I'm just thrifty. 34 38.20%
If I were cheap wouldn't my Visa card get lonely? 16 17.98%
Who are YOU calling cheap girlie? 8 8.99%
I'm not, but I think cheap bastards are hella sexy! 12 13.48%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Wink All Hail Cheap Bastards!

I can be a cheap bastard. There's not much out there that I'll buy at full price. Wait until it's on sale. Better still - get it used, or free! NOW you're talking! Nope, I'm not above pulling over to the side of the road to snag a treasure from someone else's garbage. You wouldn't BELIEVE what some people throw away!

Are you a cheap bastard? Do you know or LIVE with a cheap bastard? What's your best cheap bastard story? What's your best cheap bastard find?

BE CHEAP! BE A BASTARD! BE PROUD TO BE A CHEAP BASTARD!

*This thread is devoted to our very own cheap bastard: Daywalker. Thanks Day, for being an inspiration to all of us!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

I'll bite.

I've sieved hot wax used for hair removal through cheese cloth to reuse it.

I coulda been a pioneer.
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

i expect to get everything in the divorce.

(just kidding)
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odarlin View Post
I'll bite.

I coulda been a pioneer.
I did not even know that could be done.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
I did not even know that could be done.
Works best with waxes not requiring muslin strips such as hard wax or that homemade boiled honey "wax".
Just make sure it is good and hot, for both ease of pour and germ killing purposes.

It's most worth the time when you are broke.

It can be quite dangerous. Anything worth while really is though.
Don't you think?

Careful!
The Following User Says Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Works best with waxes not requiring muslin strips such as hard wax or that homemade boiled honey "wax".
Just make sure it is good and hot, for both ease of pour and germ killing purposes.

It's most worth the time when you are broke.

It can be quite dangerous. Anything worth while really is though.Don't you think?

Careful!
Well I refuse to hire professionals to do anything around the house unless I absolutely can't do it. So I do most of my electrical work myself. Which isn't so much cheap-bastardy as thrifty IMO. The part that makes it worthwhile though is making it dangerous when it doesn't have to be. In MY family we prefer to do work with the breakers ON, 'cause where's the challenge otherwise? The question we ask each other is not IF you got shocked, but how many times. Hey! I don't drink, don't smoke......gotta get my thrills somewhere don't I?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'll bite.

I coulda been a pioneer.

It's possible I'm a little traumatized now.

I'm just thinking about the, you know, "skimmings" from the cheese cloth.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post

It's possible I'm a little traumatized now.

I'm just thinking about the, you know, "skimmings" from the cheese cloth.
I considered that I was risking this reaction and chose to take that risk.

Last edited by Odarlin; 02-20-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: fussy
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I do have delicate sensibilities.

There was no judgment in my reaction, just the inevitable result of following the logistics of a thing.

You understand, I feel certain.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
I considered that I was risking this reaction and chose to take that risk.
LIVE WITHOUT FEAR! CHEAP BASTARDS UNITE!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Well, I do have delicate sensibilities.

There was no judgment in my reaction, just the inevitable result of following the logistics of a thing.

You understand, I feel certain.
I'm betting that if you dig down deeeeeeeep within yourself you have a cheap bastard story to tell us. Cheap tickets for a cruise perhaps?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:50 AM   #12
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

i'm a cheap bastid.

i buy those gigantic honkin 10lb things of lean ground beef.

but that ain't the cheap bastid part.

when i get it home, i divide them into 10 1lb ziploc freezer baggies.

it's when i take the ground beef out to use it... i turn the baggie inside-out
and put it in a sink full of hot water with dish soap and scrub the shit out of it.

then i hang it on the sink spout thingie to dry.

and when it's clean and dry i put it back into the drawer from whence it came.

THAT is the CHEAP BASTID PART! (and i haven't had to buy them for years)
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #13
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
i'm a cheap bastid.

i buy those gigantic honkin 10lb things of lean ground beef.

when i get it home, i divide them into 10 1lb ziploc freezer baggies.

it's when i take the ground beef out to use it... i turn the baggie inside-out
and put it in a sink full of hot water with dish soap and scrub the shit out of it.

then i hang it on the sink spout thingie to dry.

and when it's clean and dry i put it back into the drawer from whence it came.

THAT is the CHEAP BASTID PART! (and i haven't had to buy them for years)
Cheap BasTID! I like it. Yes I like it very much!

My best cheap bastid surplus store find: a pair of brand new $400 shoes for $5.

My best cheap bastid thrown-out-by-the-roadside find: a 100 gallon aquarium complete with gravel, stand, filters......everything but the fish. They even loaded it in my car for me!

Now I'm going to spend the day with my girl and her parents. And yes, they are cheap bastids too!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #14
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Our cheap Bastid story

Once a year we go to a booksale. It is a 4 day booksale. Each day the books get cheaper. On the 4th day you can buy a large paper bag for $15. We make sure we cram at least 30 books into this bag so our books are no more than 50 cents each. Yes, we count them and make sure we have a minimum of 30 before we leave.

Our cheapest by far haul of books though was a three day library sale. On day three you pay a $1 a bag. We can cram a lot of books in a cheap plastic grocery sack for a buck. Granted you have the leftovers but whose complaining. Not us. I was impressed by a woman at this sale last year. She had five little kids. She bought about 10 bags and crammed them full of children's books. She pretty much cleared the children's book table. I think she probably ended up with about $1000 of children's books for $10. I bet that woman has some great cheap bastid stories.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Our cheap Bastid story

Once a year we go to a booksale. It is a 4 day booksale. Each day the books get cheaper. On the 4th day you can buy a large paper bag for $15. We make sure we cram at least 30 books into this bag so our books are no more than 50 cents each. Yes, we count them and make sure we have a minimum of 30 before we leave.

Our cheapest by far haul of books though was a three day library sale. On day three you pay a $1 a bag. We can cram a lot of books in a cheap plastic grocery sack for a buck. Granted you have the leftovers but whose complaining. Not us. I was impressed by a woman at this sale last year. She had five little kids. She bought about 10 bags and crammed them full of children's books. She pretty much cleared the children's book table. I think she probably ended up with about $1000 of children's books for $10. I bet that woman has some great cheap bastid stories.

Rufus
That would almost pay for the trip to Texas to to to the sale!

I've gone to book sales like that. Day three. As many bagfuls as I could manage. I STILL haven't read all the books from that first sale 10 years ago. I'm learning to be a little less "enthusiastic".

And guess what everyone got for Christmas that year!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #16
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

So far Odarlin's tale of Cheap Bastidism wins. I'll be letting you know what the prize is the day after garbage pickup.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #17
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I wouldn't call myself cheap but definitely frugal. When i made the decision to pursue a dream I knew I'd have to change my style of living which also meant a drastic reduction in revenue. I also insist in quality when it comes to putting things in my body and my taste are refined. I'll sacrifice something in order to purchase a better olive oil or ingredient.

I have enough food in my house for at least 3 months and rotate. This is also part of my survival plan but also because I carefully shop and store. If I see organic sauces at Ollie's, a discount store, I'll buy 10 of them or organic anything else I happen to eat. I will purchase and plan a meal, always healthy and yummy, but cook several meals to freeze a few. It's cheaper and saves us time. My partner and I are really busy and his diet is a little different than mine. So when I'm eating raw veggies he can pop a pot roast dinner in the microwave. lol- well I probably end up doing that but you get the picture. It's rare that we eat out and I cook most of the time. It's not because we can't afford it but that I'll sit down, spend 10-15.00 on a meal and think "I can't believe I just spent that on *that* meal." 20 bucks I can feed both of us more healthy and gourmet. It's always some kind of planning for us.

I'mOne Too, I think that is frugal but I also think environmentally conscious. Good for you! We all should do this more often. I use paper towels but try to use sparingly. When you have a lot of animals paper towels really come in handy.

For us its a question of finding ways to save money so we can do more things. I don't need to go out and buy expensive clothes to look good and I dont care what the label says but when it comes to my perfume now thats another story! I don't care about cars and my cargo van is fine but when I pop open a bottle of wine it best be good.

I always love learning how to save money while still enjoying life's finer things. I won't compromise taste or health to save money but I damn sure will figure out a way to do it cheaper.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #18
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

How to Make a Cheap Bastard Kitteh House:

Step One:

Go to a Computer Logistics company, get you a biggo Monitor crate.

Free.

Step Two:
Go to a Carpet Warehouse, behind the building...dumpster dive for carpet.

Free.

Step Three:
Invite energetic Nephew over, arm the little shit with an electric staple gun.

Step Four:
Grab your hella cool discount outdoor lounge chair,
some Koolaid...and watch the Kitteh House evolve right before your eyes.

I have more, but mah coffee is calling.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #19
LadyFlamezzz

How Do You Identify?:
Femme who lives with A DayWalker
Preferred Pronoun?:
who cares just yell for Mrs Day
Relationship Status:
Very attached

LadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST Reputation
Default in hindsight i now realize I am in love with the class ! type cheap basteed !

SueBee must have been reading my mind ....after six years together i ask Day "when do i get a ring' hy says baybee when Kmart reduces their valentine specials I will think about it !

Hy claims that all the years of buying hys ex's jewelry has ruined it for me,lol

Gee thanks Bitches !!!

When we go out for dinner " jack in the box" i have to share my medium curly fries with hym and I can't have my taco's < 2 for 99 cents > the way I like them , Hy orders them all the same cause if i ask for something other than what hy likes on em they charge extra,lol

This is my demon to bare for being in love with hym,lol

LadyFlamezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyFlamezzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I wouldn't say I'm really frugal but I do find ways to do more with less, be it food or money or whatever. I buy a family pack of chicken wings. I cut off the flapper, I don't use it. I cut the other 2 sides apart. I separate the flats and drummetts. I put the flats in packs of 10 and either fry or grill them and the drummets I put all in the same bag and when I cook them I either make chicken pot pie, chicken soup, or chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, whatever I might need chicken stock and chicken for
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: