Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oklahoma Forums

Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Where to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres View Post
i'm moving to OK in the early spring to live w/my best friend. she's lesbian but doesn't get the whole butch/femme thing. that's ok-the more butches for me! *wink*
pres
What part of OK you moving to Slate? I live in OKC, JAGG in Tulsa and that's all I can remember. But welcome!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #22
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,408 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I personally think finding a job in Oklahoma is dependent on what you do
I lived there 4 years and couldn't find work the last 2 years in the profession I've been in for 15 years
I think it also depends on which city or town you chose to make your home in
Right now the economy is hard hit everywhere and those that have jobs should keep them
Just my own opinion
And I actually liked it in Oklahoma, but unless you're in one of the big cities, you're isolated from community and jobs

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #23
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I personally think finding a job in Oklahoma is dependent on what you do
I lived there 4 years and couldn't find work the last 2 years in the profession I've been in for 15 years
I think it also depends on which city or town you chose to make your home in
Right now the economy is hard hit everywhere and those that have jobs should keep them
Just my own opinion
And I actually liked it in Oklahoma, but unless you're in one of the big cities, you're isolated from community and jobs
Yes Wolfy I'm sure those little towns far from big cities are mostly rural farming communities. I just read an article in US News and World report that Oklahoma's employment market is the best in the nation. The manpower employment outlook for the first quarter is 60 percent higher than the national average. 17 percent of companies expect to expand their work force, 75 percent expect to maintain current levels, and 3 percent expect to cut payroll and 5 percent were unsure. So that's a positive report as far as jobs go.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Life has a funny way of taking turns and I'm back in Oklahoma
I'll be in OKC on the 28th and that's the area I'll be looking to call home
I have orientation for a PT job there and that's a start anyhow
When one door opens, more are sure to follow
I think maybe this was where I was supposed to be all the time because it kept calling me back
I was edgy and stressed for over a month, but am quite calm since being back here
I know I certainly missed my cats and they missed me bunches

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #25
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation

Did you get a chance to check out those properties or the info I gave R.?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #26
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Did you get a chance to check out those properties or the info I gave R.?
I did and I've seen that before when searching for rent to own.
When you click on sign up, it's a 7 day trial offer and then they want your credit card info.
Any other help would be great. As you know, me and the kitties need a place soon.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Default wolfy

Just go into any grocery store or walmart, walgreen,any cafe, there are hundreds of apt and homes for rent and sale magazines, right by the front doors as you enter. They are free. Or grab a local newspaper the classifieds have a bunch as well. There are so many it will make you dizzy. Or call coldwell banker they have a rental division.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #28
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Just go into any grocery store or walmart, walgreen,any cafe, there are hundreds of apt and homes for rent and sale magazines, right by the front doors as you enter. They are free. Or grab a local newspaper the classifieds have a bunch as well. There are so many it will make you dizzy. Or call coldwell banker they have a rental division.

Finding a rental is easy, but finding a rental that will take my rescues and one I can afford right now is the problem. I see a lot in the paper, even see some on craigs list. Hopefully over the next 6 months, I'll find homes for 6 or 7 of them.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #29
moonfemme

Default HNY

Happy New Year 2011 to Everyone... :~)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #30
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Exclamation finally moving!

i'm finally moving to OK this month! not sure when this month, i hope near the end of the month but could be as soon as ASAP, lol. i'll be living in Garvin Co., near Elmore City. i'll be making frequent trips to OKC and am really looking forward to being in a more temperate clime than WV! all okies please drop by this thread and say hello! tell me where Y/you live and something about your area!
pres
Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #31
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres View Post
i'm finally moving to OK this month! not sure when this month, i hope near the end of the month but could be as soon as ASAP, lol. i'll be living in Garvin Co., near Elmore City. i'll be making frequent trips to OKC and am really looking forward to being in a more temperate clime than WV! all okies please drop by this thread and say hello! tell me where Y/you live and something about your area!
pres

I'll be leaving Stillwater by months end hoping to find something cheap in OKC that will take my rescues and be bug free. My drive to work right now is one hour fifteen minutes.

Let me know when you get to Oklahoma and hopefully we'll be able to catch up with each other and maybe get some of these other Okies to come out.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #32
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Talking Oklahoma City here

I live in Oklahoma City and I have NO earthly idea where Elmore City is. But passing through and making new friends is always a possibility. Welcome to the best state in the Union!!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 AM   #33
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Default hey

I live in Tulsa I never heard of Elmore city either? Anyway hope you like it here. It's a nice place to live.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #34
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Smile moving to OK in 2 weeks!

i'm moving to OK in two weeks! i'll be living in Garvin Co. but making frequent trips to OK City and perhaps Tulsa for dr.'s appt's, shopping, etc. really looking forward to the change from WV. this is the first time i've lived out west in the flatlands. how long does it take to be an okie?
pres
Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Elmore City is about an hour south of OKC
The movie Footloose was based on that town
It didn't allow dancing in it for about 100 years, a stupid law

Pres, you have relatives there? I mean, how did you come to choose Elmore City?

Oh, edited to add, I think you have to be born here to be a true Okie, lol.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
HoneyedChrysanthemum

Default Re:Elmore City

i'm not moving into Elmore City per se. i think that it's just the closest town to where i'll br living. i'm moving in w/my best friend (nothing romantic-she's not butch and has given up on relationships). she's got a farm out in Garvin (?) Co. she wants some company, and i want some peace n quiet. i think this will be great for both of us. i'll get a chance to lick my wounds, and she'll have someone to talk to, keep the dog company while she's at work, etc. for once i won't have anyone to take care of but myself! the temp is milder; the house will be warm, and i'll have friends around there. looking so forward to this move....
pres
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #37
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Exclamation

Quote:
Elmore City is about an hour south of OKC
The movie Footloose was based on that town
It didn't allow dancing in it for about 100 years, a stupid law

Pres, you have relatives there? I mean, how did you come to choose Elmore City?

Oh, edited to add, I think you have to be born here to be a true Okie, lol.
I believe that if you grow up a good many years in Oklahoma, you might just qualify as an Okie, especially if you pick up that twangy southern drawl.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #38
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I believe that if you grow up a good many years in Oklahoma, you might just qualify as an Okie, especially if you pick up that twangy southern drawl.

LOL, leaves me out of being a true Okie
I'll never get that twangy southern drawl
I'll always talk my northside Chicago slang

Old 01-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #39
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Talking

Quote:
LOL, leaves me out of being a true Okie
I'll never get that twangy southern drawl
I'll always talk my northside Chicago slang
Well I guess you could pick up the y'all's and words like "sensuous".... meaning: sense you was up, get me a beer! "Manayse"...man they's alotta women in here.... and stuff like that...got it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #40
DamselFly

How Do You Identify?:
QueerStoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am or Damsel
Relationship Status:
single

DamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST ReputationDamselFly Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Finally arrived!

ok, OK! i've finally arrived! of course, -10 degree weather was NOT a nice way to welcome a damselfemme fleeing cold climes! i forgive the Weather Gods their irony, since the extreme cold lasted only a short while. the weather has been beautiful here in south central OK! a show of hands, please? anyone near the "Mores"-More, Elmore City, Ardmore? i want friends! *putting my hands on hips and stamping a petite foot* i'm about 70 miles from OKC, if that helps, and get to the city fairly often. (this is pres, btw. apparently when i changed my nick, it really screwed up my account, so i had to go reregister.)
i do like it here, though tis different from anywhere else i've lived. i'm a Deep South grrl originally and never really lived outside the South.
DamselFly
DamselFly is offline   Reply With Quote