Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
As an FtM who is legally male and how has been in the transportation industy for over 23 yrs I have heard csi-men and women talk trash about the other. Some to the faces of the intended person or persons and some behind their backs.

I find this rude and appalling always have. I dont use a CB in my truck anymore due to this, I just couldnt keep my mouth shut whenever I heard a man trashing a woman or just being plain rude to her. It was easy to do it behind a mic of the CB cause I was anonymous however there was several times that I have been caught "correcting" the other person. Its never a pretty site however I stood my ground and always will.

I dont think its my RESPONSIBILITY as a female born bodied man to correct such behavior but that of a HUMAN being who wants all people to be accepted for who they ARE not who we think they SHOULD be.

I have never really lived as a woman, well IDENTIFIED as one, I was passing for a man years and I mean years prior to actually starting my transition. Im talking back in jr high I would be mistaken for a boy. So how would I go about addressing the issue with another man that once I lived as a woman and IM offended by what you are saying. Why cant I just be offended as a person who has a woman as my mother, who loves women and man who RESPECTS women? To me that is where I need to stand as a human being who wants all to be accepted for who they are and NOT what I think they should be.

For the last 7 years I have had an on going battle to get my parents to see me as their CHILD not JUST their daughter. I havent won the battle but I havent given up who I am either.

I think that all of us in some ways are guilty of some bad behavior towards the opposite gender or expression of their gender. I have caught myself saying things about both men and women when I witness how they are driving or doing something stupid. I may not say it out loud but it does cross my mind. Im not perfect nor will I ever be however I do see this as a fault of mine. Im working on it and have came along way cause I used to scream it at them.

I myself wish that in our ever changing world we as a people, a nation, a global citizen would recognize that each and every person is different is some ways and that is what makes the world a better place and exciting place.

I dont expect change to happen any time soon however I think each of us needs to take a step and keep moving forward towards that change. Maybe by time or grandchildren come along they will have a difference out look on what is gender and how to treat said the opposite genders.
please note I misspelled a word in the 2nd paragraph so please dont rush to judgement I did change it
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post: