Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default P90X Who wants to Bring It?

I just got a set of P90X dvds and want to go for it. Anyone else?

key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I've got it and the Power 30. I've tried the Power 30 and am interested in getting into the P90X (ideally without causing too much noise to the neighbours below).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
key

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default cool

are you following the program precisely?

I just have the disks, but downloaded some workout and diet logs.

If you are following the program how far along are you?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Well.. It's the workout specifically that I want to follow and use a diet program that works for me (vegan/vegetarian). I actually have followed the power 30 for about 2 weeks and saw some results from that. I just need to get back on it again..

Old 03-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
key

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

cool I am mostly veggie too (eat organic meat about once a month).

But want to bump up the protein and utilize strategic eating (like recovery meals after workouts) to build muscle.

I have been pretty inspired by people's blogs on the net about it. But it always helps to have workout buddies!

I want to start Monday.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
cool I am mostly veggie too (eat organic meat about once a month).

But want to bump up the protein and utilize strategic eating (like recovery meals after workouts) to build muscle.

I have been pretty inspired by people's blogs on the net about it. But it always helps to have workout buddies!

I want to start Monday.

You may want to look at Vega Protein Mix as an alternative.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

no no hell no! I hate to workout. I have to be playing. why do you want so much muscles? I can understand being strong and lean. I think its too hard on your body imo

linus thanks for the link.

you can get good proteins from lots of sources. lately I've added hulled hemp seed to oatmeal, on whole grain toast with almond butter or peanut, put in a shake with organic soy milk, 2 raw fresh organic eggs, organic molasses. this shake would actually be a great recovery drink. add banana.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
no no hell no! I hate to workout. I have to be playing. why do you want so much muscles? I can understand being strong and lean. I think its too hard on your body imo

linus thanks for the link.

you can get good proteins from lots of sources. lately I've added hulled hemp seed to oatmeal, on whole grain toast with almond butter or peanut, put in a shake with organic soy milk, 2 raw fresh organic eggs, organic molasses. this shake would actually be a great recovery drink. add banana.
Sounds good. Although I'm trying to get back to being vegan so the Eggs is out

Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #9
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Sounds good. Although I'm trying to get back to being vegan so the Eggs is out
ore

I was vegan many years. I do eat organic chicken and sometimes beef. I find myself pulling away from this more and more. Still the amazing benefits of raw eggs is something I need to do. Of course I raise my own hens. If I didnt I might not.

but do check out hemp seed. I buy 5 lb bags at amazon and store in the freezer keeping some in fridge.

another thing Key- spy beans are really really easy to grow. eat them fresh, right from the pod then any left over store.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
You may want to look at Vega Protein Mix as an alternative.
wow this stuff looks good but its so expensive for 15 servings 74.00? I guess is you're looking at it as a meal replacement then maybe.

I know it's hard when you're busy to prepare food but whole foods really are best. Anytime you process food, even healthy food you lose so many important things that only live food can give you.

I am a big juicer. There's no way I could consume the amount I juice. We forget how many proteins are in raw vegetables.

I have a hard time staying as disciplined as I'd like. I get busy and often cut corners only it to pay for later. When I'm around someone sick I get sick, never fails. I'm never around a lot of people so I dont get a chance to build up immunities. The good thing is when I get sick it never says long. I definitely attribute this to lots of organic fruits and veggies.

How much protein do you feel a body needs?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Hrmm... roughly around 84grams. I think that people forget that protein is in everything we eat (speaking of raw foods). http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #12
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Well, I got the P90X program and I was curious. What is the order for it? Each body part or some other variation?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi folks,this may be a bit of a derail but I have aquestion about recovery after my work outs,I know something was mentioned on another post but the price is way out of my league..I have a prob with near wipeing out and haveing the shakes after a work out.My hands and arms shake and my legs tremble as well I get a bit light headed to.Been to the doc and she said I dont have a prob with anything,I just had fatigue from working out.I do eat breakfast but not much of one.Usely toast with butter and peanut butter on it or cereal with fruit...somethimes I cook a real meal.Now im eating fruit or salad,sometimes a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat.I know im needing something else but dont know what.Im drinking plenty of juice or water so im staying hydrated.I also get spazums in my left thigh after a round of squats...ouch bad.I dont have the wipeing out prob everytime but enough I would like to know ho to not have them.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

When do you do your workout -- before or after breakfast? Do you eat before your workout? It sounds like you're overly hungry and are hitting a low GI. Having an orange immediately after workout or a banana with something like peanut butter might be a good way to address it.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
AzDesertRunner

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Taken

AzDesertRunner has a spectacular aura aboutAzDesertRunner has a spectacular aura about

P90X is awesome! We started it last year and did the program for 90 days. I went from 212lbs to my 155lb goal. I did not change my eating habits although I did replace my Diet Mt Dew for water. The program is insane if you aren't in shape and I wasn't. We started off slow and worked our way through the DVDs.

After meeting the love of my life and settling into family life I began gaining some weight back. 30lbs to be exact....she's an awesome cook! We just got the
10 Minute Workout DVDs by Tony Horton. These are much easier than P90X but still kick your azz! We haven't totally committed ourselves to these yet but once we do I know they will work! Tony Horton has the muscle confusion down packed!

Good luck with whatever workout you decide on. Remember to start slow and work your way into the full workout!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Linus~~~I eat before a work out,about an hour or so ....gotta have the coffee first and play catch up with a fue things so its put of the way.When im done working out I am now eating fruit like bannas,apples or oranges.For as long as I remember I have required lots of protein to keep fuled up but I also need some carbs,for the last fue months I have cut out sugars,starches ect to keep the weigh comeing off but for some reason its not working like it use to.Im on regular diet,just watching portion controle..no junk food.The work outs are more or less an hour a day from the bow flex,bike,bench with weights and leg raises,free weights & squats three times a week.I know im building muscels, loseing inches and still loseing pounds(tho I feel I should be loseing more) its about a pound to a pound and a half,sometimes I drop a little more if its really hot out.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Linus~~~I eat before a work out,about an hour or so ....gotta have the coffee first and play catch up with a fue things so its put of the way.When im done working out I am now eating fruit like bannas,apples or oranges.For as long as I remember I have required lots of protein to keep fuled up but I also need some carbs,for the last fue months I have cut out sugars,starches ect to keep the weigh comeing off but for some reason its not working like it use to.Im on regular diet,just watching portion controle..no junk food.The work outs are more or less an hour a day from the bow flex,bike,bench with weights and leg raises,free weights & squats three times a week.I know im building muscels, loseing inches and still loseing pounds(tho I feel I should be loseing more) its about a pound to a pound and a half,sometimes I drop a little more if its really hot out.
I eat a banana with peanut butter before a workout (about 30 minutes out) and more if it's going to last longer than an hour. Perhaps you are not taking in enough calories as a whole or not getting enough complex proteins? Sometimes, when we are trying to lose weight, we don't realize exactly how much we do need to injest in order for our bodies to function, much less workout as much as you do.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

This is a calculator to give you an estimate of how much you should be taking in. Give it a shot, to make sure that's not the issue.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Gemme--Thanks for the link,I checked it out and for the workouts I do it says I should be eating..2558 cals for maintanence...and 2072 for fat loss.I doubt im eating more than 1500 or so cals a day...never though not eating enough would be a prob.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #19
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Gemme--Thanks for the link,I checked it out and for the workouts I do it says I should be eating..2558 cals for maintanence...and 2072 for fat loss.I doubt im eating more than 1500 or so cals a day...never though not eating enough would be a prob.
I learned when I started entering my food diary onto thedailyplate.com that I needed to up my food intake a little bit. If it's too low, your body can't process things right and goes into starvation mode (and is probably the reason you're not losing like you think you should be now). Your body's holding onto every calorie with a death grip. Up your calorie intake gradually (not the whole difference in one day), so your body can adjust and your metabolism can reset itself.

This is an easy 'fix', thankfully!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Gemme..I will do that,cause some days I know I should eat something cause I feel hungry, but being im trying to lose weight ..I dont eat anything.Tonight im haveing pot roast for dinner with veggies and a salad with french bread,usely I eat a small peice of meat and lots of veggies with little or no bread.When I was youger I was on dr.adkins diet for a long time it worked real good but somehow it just wont work now on my 63yro body.Im more or less on the adkins thing now as I think on it just am eating fruit wich u cant on the adkins thing.Mostly I have just eaten salads,cottage chees and peaches with small meals at night cause I cook for my son whan he gets home from work.Tomorrow I will pick up a carb/callorie counter to track what im eating.TY,TY,TY.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: