How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

It's so beautiful outside with all of the wintery white ice and snow and Im relishing in some winter-themed tunes.

First one (and an old favorite):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svCBs5lelhM"]YouTube- Tori Amos - Winter (Music Video)[/ame]

Perfect.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #182
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmjHntlW-c"]YouTube- Sugarland-Genevieve lyrics[/ame]

My heart's grown cold
There's not much left
My blood won't turn
And I can see my breath
She walks above, the angel's rule
Kicks the snow, feels like winter
I'd do anything to just be with her. . .
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #183
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile 'sounds' interesting

"I remember nights when...all the voices in my head

had been turned into music and set free."

-Lewis Shiner, from the novel Glimpses

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Glimpses-Novel-Lewis-Shiner/dp/0688124119"]Amazon.com: Glimpses: A Novel (9780688124113): Lewis Shiner: Books[/ame]
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #184
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huBTcLQK4e0"]YouTube- Dire Straits - Expresso Love Sidney 86[/ame]

Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #185
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Smile from ohio - or ohello - or ohhellnoohio-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khpQQLzWHF8

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9x6zckn18"]YouTube- Guided By Voices - I Am A Scientist[/ame]

some good indie bands are from ohio- GBV, sonic youth's thurston moore, the national, breeders, and songs/artists do make mention of ohio : pretenders, elvis costello, this mortal coil, et c.

i love lo-fi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo-fi_music

http://www.last.fm/music/Guided+by+Voices/+wiki
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #186
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

Violaine, I love GBV they are awesome, also a band from Idaho called BUilt to Spill reminds me of those guys

your music rocks : )
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #187
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:

Default strange-

<3 B2S!!

mitmo, thank you and likewise

this strange
plan is random at best

this strange
how much more can I take?

this strange
change in atmosphere
and in gravity too
and it's severity

this strange
day is almost over

just started to
get sick of it

and it's strange
but not all that strange
that it's strange
but what's so strange
about that?

yeah it's strange
but why is that strange
that it's strange
but oh, well

this strange
plan is random at best

this strange
how much more can I take?

this strange
sound you said I said

you're not listening or
I'm not saying it right

this strange
war of promises

let's call us a truce
and call it the truth

and it's strange
but not all that strange
that it's strange
but what's so strange
about that?

Last edited by violaine; 02-01-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #188
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation
Default I LOVE this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm77ybhoIjw"]YouTube- Matt Morris and Justin Timberlake - Bloodline (live)[/ame]
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 AM   #189
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default As promised!

Jeff Beck with Rod - they played together YEARS back in a band, (before Rod went solo). I love the guitar in this!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=32011349

WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #190
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default And of course, Curtis Mayfield's version!!

"As with the previous year's Keep on Pushing, People Get Ready featured another big Curtis Mayfield hit, one that made as strong an impact on the civil-rights movement as on the charts. One of the most beautiful songs of the '60s, "People Get Ready" set the oft-used "gospel train" as its theme, with Mayfield speaking of faith for the present and deliverance in the future."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOXmaSCt4ZE"]YouTube- Curtis Mayfield - People Get Ready - #8[/ame]

A little bit of an older Curtis here. He is surely missed - and one brilliant, beautifully spirited, and talented song writer & artist.

The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #191
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Molly Hatchet is a southern rock band formed in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1971. The band took its name from a prostitute who allegedly mutilated and decapitated her clients.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhhtRxqSrys"]YouTube- Molly Hatchet: Flirtin With Disaster[/nomedia]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSa8IWWXX5k"]YouTube- Molly Hatchet Gator Country[/ame]
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #192
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default This woman can sing!!!

The Rossington-Collins Band was an off-shoot of US southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, founded in 1979 by guitarists Allen Collins and Gary Rossington following the tragic 1977 plane crash which killed three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Jacksonville band released two albums, but disbanded in 1982 due to increasing instability with guitarist Allen Collins following the death of his wife in 1980. Another contributing factor was the growing relationship between vocalist Dale Krantz and Gary Rossington, who married soon after the band dissolved.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF8ivrOk4Dw"]YouTube- Rossington Collins Band- Three Times As Bad (vinyl)[/nomedia]
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #193
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Sad loss...

...losin' this dude too soon.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q_kWVhcB5g"]YouTube- STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN COULDN' T STAND THE WEATHER[/ame]

*fucking LOVE the guitar in this...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #194
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

This performance reminded me EXACTLY why I am such a huge Pink fan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_9jcFFBmw"]YouTube- Pink Soars During 'Glitter In The Air' Grammy Performance 2010[/ame]
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 12:49 AM   #195
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default JEWEL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jewel View Post
This performance reminded me EXACTLY why I am such a huge Pink fan

YouTube- Pink Soars During 'Glitter In The Air' Grammy Performance 2010
OMGoodness!!! Thank you for posting this LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the most beautiful and amazing performance on a music awards show that I have EVER seen! (And there have been SOOOOOOOO many!!!)

This, takes my breath away. She was flawless, she was - PERFECT here. (And have you ever seen a more bold and daring ACT live like this at a major awards show? I have NOT! SHE'S GOT GUTS and then something most of us canNOT even understand or relate to!)

BIG HUGE SMILE HERE!!!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #196
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
OMGoodness!!! Thank you for posting this LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the most beautiful and amazing performance on a music awards show that I have EVER seen! (And there have been SOOOOOOOO many!!!)

This, takes my breath away. She was flawless, she was - PERFECT here. (And have you ever seen a more bold and daring ACT live like this at a major awards show? I have NOT! SHE'S GOT GUTS and then something most of us canNOT even understand or relate to!)

BIG HUGE SMILE HERE!!!!!!!!

That was one stunning, brilliant, gutsy, artistic performance!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Thanks for posting, Jewel!!!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #197
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I"]YouTube- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance[/ame]
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #198
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Ellen...

... begins as judge tonight on American Idol.

Sure I think she will bring a different "sense" of humor/feel/perspective to the set... but, I also believe that she will be suprisingly more serious in this position - than folks are expecting or anticipating.

(And who was more funny than Paula sometimes half off her rocker anyway?)

*Anyway, I am curious. I know what a HUGE music lover and promoter of music Ellen is - on her show, of ALL GENRES. Plus, she has done the Grammies, etc... And she is so special and important for "our community"! It's about "representin'"! Yes, sometimes, it is... just that.

(I will note here though, that Simmon already said this was HIS last season -and/or the show's last season (?), so maybe this year with Paula out and Ellen IN, does mean something we are not yet aware of...?)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #199
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2kVsknO2j8"]YouTube- Party Ben - Gorilla-Cake - Never Feel Good[/ame]

Party Ben Rawks

That is All

Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #200
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Just in case anyone doubts the last post...try this one on first:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFg5q2hSl2E"]YouTube- Party Ben - Led Snooppelin 2008[/ame]