Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #341
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation
Default happy day

Some celebrate it, some don't, everybody has their way to "do it" on this day and mine is to "give a little bit"

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bnZfATlJlA"]YouTube - Supertramp - Give a Little Bit (Lyrics) HD[/nomedia]

for WC, all the other 'centralians' and fellow planeteers

Oooo yeah
Alright
Here we go again
Nay nay
Woh oh
Na na
Hey hey
(Yeah)
Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me
Give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my love to you
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care

(Alright)

I'll give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my life for you
So give a little bit
Oh give a little bit of your time to me
See the man with the lonely eyes
Oh take his hand, you'll be surprised

Oh take it
Oh oh
Come along
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

(LOVE!!)

(Yeah)

Give a little bit
Give a little bit of your love to me
I’ll give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my life for you
Now's the time that we need to share
So find yourself, we're on our way back home

Oooh we're going home
Don't you need, don’t you need to feel at home?
Ah yeah, we gotta sing
(Woo)
Ooo yeah, gotta get a feelin’
Ooo yeah come along too
(Woo)
Yeah, come along too, hey
Come'a, come'a, come'a, come along
Take'a, take'a, take'a look yeah
Ooo yeah, come along too
(Woo)
Yeah, come along feel it
Say take a look
Come along too
For a long ride
Come a long way
Oh sing it tonight
Oooh ooh
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #342
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #343
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Florence and the Machine

I think I'm in love!

You've Got The Love: (SNL)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVjW_IkfpFs&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]YouTube - Florence and The Machine - "You've Got The Love" 11/20 SNL (TheAudioPerv.com)[/nomedia]

__

THE DOG DAYS ARE OVER: (The Video)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU&feature=related"]YouTube - Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over (2010 Version)[/nomedia]

The Dogs Day Are Over song has been around a bit, but it has been used to promote the "Eat, Pray, Love" movie - based on a book written by Elizabeth Gilbert.

I just have a little personal story about that book... and then found this music. This woman is way special.

Life is indeed a personal journey for us all!

And it all comes together.

*Dedicated to you Bro. Get well soon...
Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #344
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default You've got the love... (again).

The Video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E&NR=1"]YouTube - Florence + The Machine - You've Got the Love[/nomedia]

*Bully it's Florence that has me razzed up! I'm feelin' her. She is unique and reminding me of Kate Bush (quite sensuous) from way back, but with a lower vocal range of course - which I love [her voice], combined with a few other female musical spirits of days gone by. I needed "different" - AGAIN. I appreciate different. And I needed to remember/recall - the familiar... to/for me.

And heck, we all need to "feel", eh?! I thank her for that!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #345
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Happy New Year

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EIeUlvHAiM&feature=channel"]YouTube - Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love[/nomedia]

A bit more of my Florence... SMILE. To you beautiful spirits, keep up the GOOD WORK. You are always so greatly appreciated! ARGHHH!!!

WILDCAT

Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #346
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Bummer...

... about the loss of Gerry Rafferty.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS169P_Eeo"]YouTube - Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street[/nomedia]

Baker's Steet was one of the greatest songs about disillusionment. The music was even so magical. And that sax sound!!

Another song of his I liked. He was such a gentle spirit through his music and voice - pain has gripped us all at one time or another.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sedPivIxfM&feature=related"]YouTube - Gerry Rafferty - Right Down The Line[/nomedia]

__

And from the band he was with before he went solo. (I have this 45 record still!)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAIsqvTh7g&feature=related"]YouTube - Stuck in the Middle with you- Steelers Wheel[/nomedia]

Actually, I still drum to this song! Thanks for the music and the memories Mr. Rafferty.

Your music will always live on. (Sorry if this is already posted on another music thread...)

Old 01-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #347
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
YouTube - Florence + The Machine - Cosmic Love

A bit more of my Florence... SMILE. To you beautiful spirits, keep up the GOOD WORK. You are always so greatly appreciated! ARGHHH!!!

WILDCAT

Wow Florence is lovely, thanks for sharing her. I especially like the ending where she sets the light in her heart free, beautiful! Pashi
Old 01-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #348
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Oldie, but goodie...

...and TIMELESS: Things ARE going to get better!

I must have sang/rocked (in a rocking chair!) to this 45 record thousands of times when I was young. (Kinda tough to drum to though.)

*I dedicate this to THE VOICE!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSn4DXgxSVA&feature=fvw"]YouTube - The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child.flv[/nomedia]

*Did many of you know that MORE than one singer was singing the lead for this song when you "heard" this on the radio? I did NOT. (No wonder I have so many singing voices, all the same, but ever so slightly different...?)

WC

Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #349
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Oh my...

This was scary(!):
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUpxmlZ2hyM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

(My little cat Toto has just hidden here!! Aughh!!)

SO NOW, "DOROTHY", this is refered to as the "Optimistic Voices" song:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nudp1vbaEYE"]YouTube - Judy Garland - Optimistic Voices - The Wizard Of Oz, 1939[/nomedia]

*I sing this song EVERY TIME I shovel my way out of the woods here! lol

__

Just remember "D", to click your (Ruby though, please!) and say:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6VT7ciR1o&feature=related"]YouTube - There's No Place Like Home[/nomedia]

... and everything will be better!

()

Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #350
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

You are terrible! Rolling over here.

Casanova said to tell you "we never do nothing, nice and easy" and he's the Macho of this house
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #351
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

I thought I'd take you all back a bit. To one of my favorite dance halls in my home town. Location: Post Street and Steiner Street, San Francisco, California.

The Winterland Ballroom, often simply referred to as Winterland, was an old ice skating rink and 5,400 seat music venue in San Francisco, California. Located at the corner of Post Street and Steiner Street, it was converted to exclusive use as a music venue in 1971, by rock promoter Bill Graham. Graham had on occasion previously rented the venue for larger concerts his Fillmore Auditorium could not properly accommodate starting with a 1966 double bill of Jefferson Airplane and the Paul Butterfield Blues Band. After closing Fillmore West in 1971, he began holding regular weekend shows at Winterland.

An old Favorite Group from the halls of Winterland :: Savoy Brown.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #352
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default I lost my concert virginity to this band......

Greatful Dead ::Truckin

We always waited for this song: One more Saturday night

They had barrels of electric Koolaide, and I wonder why I turned out how I did????

Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #353
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default Hot Tuna introduced by Bill Grahm

Old 01-17-2011, 03:07 AM   #354
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default Quicksilver Messenger Service - Fresh Air

What About Me - Quicksilver Messenger Service

Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #355
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default White Bird- It's A Beautiful Day

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

Big Brother And The Holding Company-Ball And Chain

Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #356
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Cool My musical tastes

When it comes to music, this is one category I can honestly say that I will listen to just about anything except rap.

I like (not necessarily in this order):
Oldies
Rock
R&B
Dance
80's/Pop
Alternative
Country
Contemporary Christian
Classical
Jazz
Marching Band
Instrumental

Favorite Artists:
Melissa Etheridge
Bright Eyes
Elton John
Florence and the Machine
Tool
Duran Duran
Garth Brooks
Trisha Yearwood
Rolling Stones
Nickelback

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #357
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

Default I pray every single day for a revolution.......

Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #358
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Dedicated to our President...

... President Obama's ratings are the highest right now, since he has been in office:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn0TCcovkts&feature=more_related"]YouTube - Things will get easier[/nomedia]

My heart is swelled, filled with LOVE.

Congratulations. I don't know HOW YOU DO IT!

Love does outweigh "negativity".

(Too sad it took yet another horrible situation for folks to put their hatred aside.)

WILDCAT

Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #359
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default I love this song...

I first heard it during the movie The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

I watched that movie again, with my niece (who thinks her queer aunt is pretty darned "cool") just this past summer - and kept telling her this one song was coming up... that I wanted to find out what the name of it was to find it on the internet. It had opened a chakra when I first watched the movie so many years back. I had tried WAY BACK... to find, but with no success. And she then loved it too when it came on during movie. It is used here in the movie in such a special part of the story regarding deep personal inner turmoil, forgiving, memories and love... that first spark of a "recognition" in understanding. (lol. Even though we [all] don't get it all just like that, just that little opening... Mmmm.)

The next day from work my niece emailed me the song, she was so happy she found it for me. How sweet that was? I love her.

Here is "Seleh", by Lauryn Hill:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAO1fGzWSAc"]YouTube - Lauryn Hill 'Selah'[/nomedia]

*May everyone accept ALL people's choice of their "god" of understanding, or their higher power - or their not believing... etc, whatever(?)

WITH PEACE AND LOVE (AND HOPE)

Old 01-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #360
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:

OK my partner in crime, I'm on my way out the door for awhile so I am leaving you with two of my all time favorites from the incomparable
::: Jimi ::: I used to stay up all night, dancing to songs like these. Foot prints in time......

xoxoxox SIS

Little Wing~

The wind cries MARY