Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Adult Coloring Books?

I'm curious about something! I've seen a lot of people talk about adult coloring books - some with delight and some with disdain.

What's your opinion? Do you color? Do you think it's a waste of time? Tell me your thoughts!

I haven't used a coloring book since I was a kid but I did see a Harry Potter coloring book this weekend and it seriously made me consider joining the craze but due to lack of time to do much of anything these days, I refrained.

If you do color, feel free to drop a link to your favorite book! (This basically means I'm coloring by proxy) LOL
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Yes we have them, yes we love them. I have 3, one is this http://store.doverpublications.com/0...ult%20Coloring Another is a fantasy dragon one and another is mandelas.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Yes we have them, yes we love them. I have 3, one is this http://store.doverpublications.com/0...ult%20Coloring Another is a fantasy dragon one and another is mandelas.
Oh WOW, Corkey!! That site has some really cool books!! It looks like it would be really relaxing and a great way to just quieten the mind.

Do you do anything else like watch tv while you are coloring?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default As a matter of fact, I DO have adult coloring books! Love them!

Hey Medusa:

I indeed to color in them. In fact, our last project prior to the current one, was using adult coloring books to color one page AND either make photocopy of that page prior to coloring OR one of a different page, and send one colored & one uncolored page to each participant.

MY new GF & I did FaceTime online & had "coloring dates". It was so cool. I LOVE the gel ink pens to color with best of all. The felt markers, NOT.SO.MUCH! Left little pieces on page. I have Crayola pencils also. I didn't use crayons but one could.

My coloring books are beachy themed....

I DID find after coloring a bit, my eyes were like ...as there is so much minute details to color....BUT again, it is relaxing & a fun date to do FT by!!

You would enjoy it. I am certain you could find just about any kind you wanted. WalMart carries a huge selection as does Michael's.

Good thread idea. Hope you join the craze...it IS so much fun!!!
Old 12-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was given one last year and it annoyed me. I didn't find sitting and coloring, even complex coloring pages, to be fun or relaxing. However, I got my daughter an extreme dot to dot activity book for Christmas and after looking at it I was like wow- this could be it for me. Something like this. So I'm going to give that a whirl with the same concept of something to relax and quiet the mind (which I need) but not a coloring book.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #6
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I am also a big fan of adult coloring books. There are Facebook groups where you can display your finished works which is kind of fun. There are also lots of alternative Queer fat or cunt themed adult coloring books which can also be fun :-)

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #7
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Medusa;1119091]Oh WOW, Corkey!! That site has some really cool books!! It looks like it would be really relaxing and a great way to just quieten the mind.

Do you do anything else like watch tv while you are coloring?

I'm a multi tasker and need noise at times to keep focused, oxymoron, I know. So either TWC is on or music. My mind often wanders and it helps drag it back to the task at hand. Suggestion, make a photo gallery for folks to inspire others??
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)

Last edited by Corkey; 12-27-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #8
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

One of our members, Leftwritefemme, has made a wide selection of excellent adult coloring books over the years. I have most of them if not all of them :-). PM her for details if interested. They are all available on Amazon.

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I'm curious about something! I've seen a lot of people talk about adult coloring books - some with delight and some with disdain.

What's your opinion? Do you color? Do you think it's a waste of time? Tell me your thoughts!

I haven't used a coloring book since I was a kid but I did see a Harry Potter coloring book this weekend and it seriously made me consider joining the craze but due to lack of time to do much of anything these days, I refrained.

If you do color, feel free to drop a link to your favorite book! (This basically means I'm coloring by proxy) LOL

I think coloring has its place. I do color on occasion. I don't think it's a waste of time if it is fun or helpful to the colorer.

I was part of the round that clay mentioned and it was really fun to see what all of the other folks did and the choices they made. I don't like using regular highlighter pens for the reason clay said; it tore up the paper and left rough bits. On that project, I used Sharpie marker, both fine and thick lined. Very vibrant and I was even able to get some blending although it's harder to do than with pencils. Pencils are very 'in' right now. Well, coloring is very 'in' right now so I guess that makes sense.

I have tons of books because I always over prepare for these projects. Honestly, I really have to be in the mood. I can't color on command because then it feels kind of like what easygoing said. It feels like work and boring, even with the TV on, because I always need sound in the background (like Corkey).

This winter I purchased a drafting table, which is great because I'm able to set the angle of the top to whatever is comfortable to me. The bad part is that some of the pictures require such a delicate touch that I had to get a lamp with a magnifier on it and then I couldn't adjust my table top and so my back was NOT happy. The downside, for me, to the adult coloring books is that 98% of the pages have minute detailing. But they are very pretty to look at once completed.

Suggestion: find some online pics or pick up a cheap book and a box/clam shell package of pencils or markers or whatever strikes your fancy and sit down for about an hour. If, after that hour, you feel great and want to continue, do so. Coloring may be your new thing. If you have spent that hour distracted or bored or irritated, then maybe coloring isn't for you. If you liked it but were distracted, then maybe you should only color in half hour segments of time. Or maybe you need music in the background. That's when I had the best time. Good music and a magnifying glass because my eyes are old as dirt.

The win win for me is that, even if I don't color all the pages in all of the books I picked up, I can still use them for mixed media crafting so it's all good. I can even send you some if you want. Just let me know.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2016, 10:10 PM   #10
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
cunt themed
I don't think that I have ever read those two words together before.

It woke me up.

Then I smiled.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:00 AM   #11
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I love adult coloring books! I have a few at home, and I have one at work as well. They are great for relaxing and passing the time. At work if I need a few moments to clear my head and refocus I will take 5 minutes and color in a little bit of whatever page I am working on.

Michael's seems to have a good variety and this way I can pick up any supplies like colored pencils or these awesome markers that they have now as well.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:02 AM   #12
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I see many adult coloring books when I go to Barnes and Noble. I have seen them elsewhere too, but the one I want is the cuss words coloring book. When I first came out of the hospital a few years ago, the therapist had me color to get my hand strength back and it was stress relieving at times but that didn't last long because my OCD kicked in.

FUCK is my favorite cuss word and I really want to find one, print it off and then color it lol

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #13
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I see many adult coloring books when I go to Barnes and Noble. I have seen them elsewhere too, but the one I want is the cuss words coloring book. When I first came out of the hospital a few years ago, the therapist had me color to get my hand strength back and it was stress relieving at times but that didn't last long because my OCD kicked in.

FUCK is my favorite cuss word and I really want to find one, print it off and then color it lol
This link here should give you plenty of options!
https://www.google.com/search?q=FUck...w=1696&bih=806
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:05 AM   #14
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
MUCHOS GRACIAS! now I have some coloring to do!

Albert Einstein
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #15
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

It can be fun to cheap-frame and gift them, because like Gemme said they are usually more detailed than we realize and sometimes feel like real art because we have added our personal style to them.

Like some have said, I do not just color. I color with a friend, color while on the phone, color while watching T.V. Once you start one, it's like a puzzle. You wanna complete it!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 AM   #16
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I am trying to find the coloring book I was given and my pencils, might have to sit down and color later!

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2017, 09:52 PM   #17
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
oh my lawd! I am printing these off !!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2017, 10:21 PM   #18
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

For me, I can not justify spending over $5 for a book, so I buy mine at the dollar stores. I have serious issues with buyers remorse!
I rip out the pages I like and then donate the rest to a thrift store, and they make up packages of pages to resell.
I color my page, laminate it, and make small notebooks to carry in my bag.
I have a lot of these handmade journals, and I use them all the time. I have also put these mini's together to make a Midori, (travelers journal) and each mini will be subject specific. For example, a bucket list mini, to do list mini, password mini, anything really.
I've been lucky with felt pens, not ripping up the pages.
My fave books and mandalas, mehndi patterns, paisley.
I don't do scenes! But I like the consistency of a repetitive pattern.
I listen to podcasts, youtube nonsense and a lot of bellydance music.
I think I color most every day, sipping coffee, tea, lemon water, meditating and making tiny notebooks!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #19
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

My son has the Harry Potter Fantastical Beasts colouring book and I sometimes colour in it. Mainly I do it with my daughter, who has a passion and creative flair like none other! However, I do find that it relaxes the mind... and that is something that I need more of... relaxing that is...
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #20
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

So... I colored today and it was good.

I had to do this four hour webinar training thing at work. Watching a slide show while someone talked about data entry. There's no way I could pay attention to that by just sitting and listening and watching. I have a bin of coloring sheets and colored pencils for clients in my office so I grabbed one to keep another part of me busy while I listened. It worked. Not 100%, (I may or may not have also put snapchat on my phone and spent a half hour of the webinar taking ridiculous photos of myself and texting them to my daughter and various friends) but anyway. I colored and I didn't hate it as much as I have in the past. It served a purpose.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: