mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation
Default another link

yup, another one. anyone going to submit something? anyone? bueller?

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #182
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
Sure!

FEBRUARY 25, 2011 TO BEGIN SUBMITTING ENTRIES
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #183
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. ~Ansel Adams

Finally got to post a few I'd been shooting. Here's my favorite from the set.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #184
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default check it OUT!

if this was already posted my apologies

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #185
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Here's another one! The Focus Project.... get your work out there!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #186
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post

if this was already posted my apologies
Amazing!
I would love to see that exhibit!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #187
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,196 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Me too!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Amazing!
I would love to see that exhibit!

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #188
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=ce57bb0f9c

SuperMoon Pics
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #189
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

great site here :

http://www.learnmyshot.com/

Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #190
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Just popping in to let all you photographers know how much I appreciate your talent!
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #191
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Photography is one of the few passions I have left in life. I have sold work in a gallery before, but am really more interested in photography for the pleasure it gives me rather than the monetary value to be gained from it. I began photographing years ago to acquire subjects for paintings I wanted to do. Over time, I found photography to be a more creative medium for me and I gave up painting and took up photography.
My favorite subjects are architectural, abandoned buildings, roadside americana (cafes, gas stations, motels, tourist traps). My most recent project for the last few years has been documenting the small towns of Texas which I call Rural Texas in the 21st Century and currently contains about 2000 images. My camera choices are an old Nikon FG film camera which takes wonderful pictures despite being old and has the advantage of being used either fully manually or fully auto which greatly expands your creativity. I also have a Nikon coolpix digital which I love equally for its ease of use and ability to preview your shots. I have also worked with medium format and larger cameras.
My favorite photographers tend to be the older documentary style people like the WPA photographers of the 30's/40's. People like Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, Margaret Bourke White and such. Probably my all time favorite is a frenchman named Brassai. He was from the same time period and did a lot of night photography. His book, The Secret Paris of the 30's, is a wonderful read in which he photographed the seamier side of life from prostitutes, to dance halls and his pictures of a lesbian bar with women dressed in tuxedos enjoying their evenings are fabulous and certainly worth a look.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #192
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Texas View Post
Photography is one of the few passions I have left in life. I have sold work in a gallery before, but am really more interested in photography for the pleasure it gives me rather than the monetary value to be gained from it. I began photographing years ago to acquire subjects for paintings I wanted to do. Over time, I found photography to be a more creative medium for me and I gave up painting and took up photography.
My favorite subjects are architectural, abandoned buildings, roadside americana (cafes, gas stations, motels, tourist traps). My most recent project for the last few years has been documenting the small towns of Texas which I call Rural Texas in the 21st Century and currently contains about 2000 images. My camera choices are an old Nikon FG film camera which takes wonderful pictures despite being old and has the advantage of being used either fully manually or fully auto which greatly expands your creativity. I also have a Nikon coolpix digital which I love equally for its ease of use and ability to preview your shots. I have also worked with medium format and larger cameras.
My favorite photographers tend to be the older documentary style people like the WPA photographers of the 30's/40's. People like Dorothea Lange, Walker Evans, Margaret Bourke White and such. Probably my all time favorite is a frenchman named Brassai. He was from the same time period and did a lot of night photography. His book, The Secret Paris of the 30's, is a wonderful read in which he photographed the seamier side of life from prostitutes, to dance halls and his pictures of a lesbian bar with women dressed in tuxedos enjoying their evenings are fabulous and certainly worth a look.

Do you have your work on a site where we can have a peek?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #193
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Unfortunately no website, its all either on my computer or in boxes and boxes of negatives.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #194
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Sharing one of my favorites that I was lucky enough to capture this week. Enjoy! PM me if you'd like to see more from the set.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #195
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I don't know much about photography. I don't know the jargon, the ins and outs, or much of anything on the technical aspect. All I know is that when I have a camera in my hand, life is good.

I usually prefer nature and wildlife shots, but some architectural and still object shots are fun too. Most of mine are just taken around my yard and in the field behind my house. I generally use simple contrast enhancements because that's just what I like to see when I hang them on my wall. I use Lightroom3 or Picasa when I do adjustments. I honestly have no idea how to make them turn out as beautiful as the ones I've seen from the folks on this thread, but I'm learning as I go along.

Here is a link to some of mine. You may need to start on the last page and go forward, because the ones on the first page are kinda sucky. Well, for all I know they may all be kinda sucky, but that's ok too. LOL

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crystalds79/

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #196
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Great shots, Dixie! I especially love the one with rusty car.

I just love that cemetery shot Fancy; work's perfect in sepia.

Here is a person shot I took outside of Harrisburg, PA a few weeks ago.

In honour of Mother's day here are two of my most favourite maternity shots to date. Gah, I would just love to photograph mama-to-be's for a living.

Tick Tock and Vroom Vroom

Last edited by femmedyke; 05-08-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Adding links :)
femmedyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmedyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #197
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

just thought i'd throw this out here.

sunset photo contest

reasonable entry fee...and who doesn't have one (or a hundred) of these?

also...

did some actor headshots last night for a guy. i think they came out nice...have a look, if you're so inclined.

a week from today, i'm lined up to do some production/still photos for a local dyke director. excitement! i'll post pics when the shoot is done.

have a great monday!

i'm a rambling man

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #198
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
just thought i'd throw this out here.

sunset photo contest

reasonable entry fee...and who doesn't have one (or a hundred) of these?

also...

did some actor headshots last night for a guy. i think they came out nice...have a look, if you're so inclined.

a week from today, i'm lined up to do some production/still photos for a local dyke director. excitement! i'll post pics when the shoot is done.

have a great monday!
Figures all I have are sunrises...lol

The headshots look great!
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #199
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Figures all I have are sunrises...lol

The headshots look great!

you could always stay up late and get a sunset shot.

thank you...

i'm a rambling man

The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #200
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Default a lil something to think about....

i ran across this interesting article.

has anyone here tried making a pinhole camera? if so, do tell....

i'm a rambling man