Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

View Poll Results: How do we date/partner/be single?
Single, not dating, not having casual sex 28 29.17%
Single, casual dating/casual sex 8 8.33%
Single, dating one person, no commitments 12 12.50%
Seeing someone/partnered/married - closed relationship - monogamy or polyfidelity 36 37.50%
Seeing people/someone, partnered or married - open relationships- nonmonogamy/polyamory ect 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #41
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
As for me: Not dating, no sex, nada. Not looking, but see status over there.

For the questions:

1. A big "it depends". I've dated fresh off the Internet, and I've dated people I already knew as friends.

2. I do seem to see one person at a time, but I don't have the "exclusive" or "going steady" talk until several dates later (or a month or so). I don't rush that talk but I like it to happen by about 3 months of weekly dating, let's say.

3. I need to feel attraction, admiration, and a good feeling around them to keep going and not friend zone them.

4. I've decided I need to feel in love with someone to make it worth it. Maybe that chops a lot of sex out of my life, but that's my feeling. And I automatically have to know them well. I'm talking the three months of dating, at least, and waiting longer than that.

5. Yes, if before the exclusivity talk and both of us were open about seeing others. However, it just seems like I'm monogamous earlier.

6. Again, I'd have the monogamy talk before sleeping with someone anyway.
Sorry I missed this (???)

Oh I'm fine with monogamous dating when I have known the person a while. I have done monogamy and I don't have an issue with it.
I often decide to not bother with dating others - on my own- without discussion and the other person, I don't mind if they date others, casually. I usually like to have that discussion outwards though, about how they'd like to proceed at the six month mark.
But that's not monogamy from the first date. And the expectation *without* the talk of monogamy I would find a big fat red flag about communication problems.
I just get very baffled when I meet someone who monogamously dates, and expects monogamous dating from the first date(to me that isn't dating. That's courting - you have serious intentions and you are actively perusing something. And to court someone you don't know seems... I don't understand. I would find that frightening). I have only run into it a rare few times. Once in the UK and a few times from American butches in the Midwest.

I can't pretend to understand, but it's a foreign concept to me. And I know they view me in an... "Unfavourable" light lol. I've been told in no uncertain terms what a girl "doesn't do" if she isn't an "unfeeling she-wolf" I think the term was lol. And also a few other odd things. But I'm chalking it up to just regional cultural differences for now, and background. but I'm still interested in the reasons.

Thanks G.

And yes tinker belly, just those who are monogamous from the first date.

I "get" monogamous dating after lengthy dating.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 10-14-2014 at 08:48 PM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #42
Red-Dragon

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
hym/dude/him/bro
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Red-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST Reputation

single no casual sex tried the casual sex one didnt suite me but for now i'm staying single unless i magicaly find someone when i drive to and from work lol
Red-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Red-Dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #43
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I could re-write that option... That slash means casual dating/ casual sex like monogamy/polyfidelity in the other options means you are monogamous OR polyfidelitous...

That option means you are: casually dating more than one person (talking to, getting to know, hanging out with) OR are you having causal sex OR both.

I apologize for the flaw in not making that clear for people.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #44
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Partnered/Married... for all intents and purposes (now that it's basically legal it's really hard to find a day to go down to the clerk's office together!)

It's been about 4 years and this is the first time I've ever lived with a partner and... oddly enough the first relationship that wasn't casual, or started that way. Apparently, we were in it to win it.

Jackpot!
Old 10-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #45
flapdoodle

How Do You Identify?:
I'm the Mrs.
Preferred Pronoun?:
reflexive
Relationship Status:
Married in 2013

flapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputationflapdoodle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Married

Legally, 2013 after being engaged for 3 years.

Forever, I shall remain, only hers.

The engagement, the wedding, buying a house, the entire journey, my kind of love story.

It makes the air always, so, crispy clean
flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flapdoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #46
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Been single for the last 2 + yrs but now Partnered/committed monogamous. And almost married In Nov
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #47
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Red and I have will celebrate our 10yr anniversary this December.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #48
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, if multiple people asked me out, I would go out with each of them, if they were nice. After we get to know each other, then we can decide what type of relationship that we want. I am not unopposed to poly, but I do know that I will have to do a lot of emotional work, in order to be able to deal with it.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #49
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

If multiple people asked me out, I would get to know the people that interested me, expecting them to do the same until I naturally gravitated to someone who I clicked with and felt had the same values and goals.

Hopefully, they would find me to be similarly of interest. If not, then I would keep talking, hanging out and getting to know people of interest.

What I learned is dating. Courting, to me, is an entirely different thing. That's after there is a conscious choice of wanting to pursue something deemed very suitable and desired. Once you actually know someone. Well.

Obviously, this isn't a commonly held idea. But it's what I personally go by.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #50
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post
Ok when you *do* date do you usually date casually and more than one until you find yourself drawn more to one more than the rest? Or do you only date one person at a time, for many weeks than if it doesn't work, break things off and try again with someone else?
I don't really have enough information yet, to be able to answer your question. In the past, when I lived as a male, I tended to date one person at a time; however, everything changed for me, after transition. I don't know how I will do things, now. I AM open to dating multiple people at one time, just as I would also consider a poly relationship. The first person that I dated, after I transitioned was poly, and that opened my thoughts to the possibility.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #51
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

closed poly triad/polyfidelity/committed.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote