Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
i find creative inspiration from a good ole charlie sheen quote!!! cause that shit is funny!!!!!
Well, a 10,000 year old alien brain is sure to have some sort of creative output, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #22
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default creative quotes

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” — Maya Angelou

You become more divine as you become more creative. All the religions of the world have said God is the creator. I don’t know whether he is the creator or not, but one thing I know: the more creative you become, the more godly you become. When your creativity comes to a climax, when your whole life becomes creative, you live in God. So he must be the creator because people who have been creative have been closest to him. Love what you do. Be meditative while you are doing it – whatsoever it is!” — Osho

“Every day is an opportunity to be creative – the canvas is your mind, the brushes and colours are your thoughts and feelings, the panorama is your story, the complete picture is a work of art called, ‘my life’. Be careful what you put on the canvas of your mind today – it matters.” — Innerspace

Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #23
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

For the Artist at the Start of Day

May morning be astir with the harvest of night;
Your mind quickening to the eros of a new question,
Your eyes seduced by some unintended glimpse
That cut right through the surface to a source.

May this be a morning of innocent beginning,
When the gift within you slips clear
Of the sticky web of the personal
With its hurt and its hauntings,
And fixed fortress corners,

A Morning when you become a pure vessel
For what wants to ascend from silence,

May your imagination know
The grace of perfect danger,

To reach beyond imitation,
And the wheel of repetition,

Deep into the call of all
The unfinished and unsolved

Until the veil of the unknown yields
And something original begins
To stir toward your senses
And grow stronger in your heart

In order to come to birth
In a clean line of form,
That claims from time
A rhythm not yet heard,
That calls space to
A different shape.

May it be its own force field
And dwell uniquely
Between the heart and the light

To surprise the hungry eye
By how deftly it fits
About its secret loss.

~ John O'Donohue ~
Old 06-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #24
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm not sure HOW I missed this thread! I love it! Thanks, Doll, for starting it!

When I wrote a lot, and had writer's block, I just had to walk away from it....lol...I had PM's saying, "Well? WELL?!?!?!" and I KNOW there are several stories on that other site that have pieces of mine that are yet unfinished! I know it's frustrating for the reader.....equally frustrating to me, if not moreso.

My painting? I'm inspired by a myriad of things.....I repped blackboot because there have been times when I have been awakened by a dream and gotten up and painted it (CENSORING was one of those.....TAOS, another). People inspire my art sometimes.....especially, of course, the commissioned pieces. Nature inspires.........I've used sticks and dried flowers in my paintings. I also love recycled things.....I've even got Shari "on the lookout" for stuff....she is always bringing me interesting stuff to use!

Right now, I'm sorta hung up on ZenTangles.........and I have a painting in the works called WINE that I'm blocking on. Go FIGURE! One of the things I KNOW and I'm stuck! lol That's just cruel, isn't it?

I love color........there are some I love more than others......the vibrant ones are the ones I love best, and they inspire me, too.

Thanks again for this neat thread, Doll!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 AM   #25
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Nature. Very simple for me.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #26
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Every where I look. Inspiration manifests in so many different forms. It's the reason my camera rarely leaves my side.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default It's the little things

I find inspiration in the simplest of things: a soft touch, a whispered word, the dew on a leaf, an overgrown yard (mine in particular..lol), puppy dreams, music, scents of bbq-grilling, sadness, joy, a new friendship, an old friendship.

There are so many things by which to be inspired, because everything has had life breathed into it in some way.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #28
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I finally broke my creative block over the weekend, it has been a few months. Got a lot of new ideas, and a new plan. Wow I got alot of work to do!

Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #29
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Same here, Doll!!! I finished WINE....it's in my Gallery! Weeeeee!!!!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #30
EmpressM

How Do You Identify?:
human

EmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST ReputationEmpressM Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Everybody's creative process is different, what gets you inspired?
As a creative type I am always looking for someone or something to
fuel the fire. theres a saying" Fire dies without tinder" and "No one build a cabinet by bare hands alone". I often get creative block , I guess that the same as writers block?....
They tell me all the time that I am very creative person , but most of the time I really dont see it.
I am always looking for inspiration & freshness ,and my orginality.
What got your creative juices flowing today or anyday?

Great thread StillettoDoll! Thanks!

I like to find creative ways to inspire myself!

One of my favorites: My friend and I walk our dogs 2 miles every morning at the same time although we are 800 miles apart. So when I need a little boost of inspiration or a change in perspective I call and we chat while we are walking. He takes pictures of interesting things he sees and texts them to me during the walk and i do the same. It spurs on the converstion and the combination of talking to a person that artistically inspires me and a change in scenery via the pictures lets me approach my canvas with fresh eyes.
I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~John Lennon
EmpressM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmpressM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #31
sweet_goldie_grrl

How Do You Identify?:
me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

sweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputationsweet_goldie_grrl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile I get inspiration...

My inspiration comes from talking with my Daddy. Sometimes I'll just think about Him and how He makes me feel and it all just comes to me. The most beautiful word flow from me and I have to write them down. Our love is very inspirational!!
sweet_goldie_grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sweet_goldie_grrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #32
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I find inspiration in drumming. The rhythms find me and away I go. I come up with ideas for healing rituals or circles I am leading. And singing. I sing alot and it helps me to flow ideas. Yoga is also one of my biggest and most reliable avenues for creativity. I have received some of my best inspirations, writings and workshop ideas while in class.

I also dance when I am stuck. I put on my Bhudda cafe series and sway my hips and hands and next thing I know I am back at my desk and writing new sections for my website.

I don't do Art per se, but art is not limited to the visual expression of my internal workings. Rather it is how I reach out to the world, and sometimes I am even lucky enough to have the world reach back to me.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #33
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

I find inspiration in pretty much the same things as everyone else. One of the hardest things to do is create something on command within a certain time frame. I think that's the reason a lot of writers have writer's block. Sequels are never as good as the original. The creative energy is sort of magical. Supply and demand doesn't govern creativity.

Two things inspire me: emotions and thoughts. People or environments that make me think and/or feel. Really anything that makes me think or feel.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Inspiration comes from garage sale 'junk', pull apart lots, when twice a year the city allows people toss 'trash' to the curb in piles for pick up, old buildings and the list goes on.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Extraordinary beauty (visual and/or auditory)...my inner emotions (the good, the bad, and the ugly)...other's passions, creations and ideas can also inspire the creative process within me, as well.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #36
mariamma

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,116 Times in 281 Posts
mariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputationmariamma Has the BEST Reputation

I am creative inspiration. I am a figure model
mariamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariamma For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #37
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Water... Being in water or near water inspires me.

When I need to clear my head and think I take a bath, shower or go swimming.

When I get out of the water I am ready to write or paint, I just want to get into it because my head is full of things I need to express.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #38
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
It doesn't take much for me anymore to be inspired. As a visual artist I am constantly looking for images that strike my fancy. Either in print form or plein aire. In fact, I do not have enough time to get everything on canvas or paper that pleases me.
This is how I'd start off. More ideas than what I know to do with. I pick and choose, and find that judgment kills creativity, and end up with little or no ideas to pursue.

Then I do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
I think the key here is to relax and let the ideas come naturally. I don't think one can force an idea out of their brain. Breath, relax, focus on something far from whatever it is that you're doing and BAM! you'll be inspired.
... and if I can quieten myself enough, I'd eventually end up with a workable idea to build on. The more naturally I can relate to it, the easier it seems to develop. Still, the whole process can be quite an ordeal when creativity decides not to cooperate.

Recently, I've been letting this idea about the "creative genius" sink in:

Thanks for the interesting thread!
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #39
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Wanderer View Post
This is how I'd start off. More ideas than what I know to do with. I pick and choose, and find that judgment kills creativity, and end up with little or no ideas to pursue.

Then I do this...

... and if I can quieten myself enough, I'd eventually end up with a workable idea to build on. The more naturally I can relate to it, the easier it seems to develop. Still, the whole process can be quite an ordeal when creativity decides not to cooperate.

Recently, I've been letting this idea about the "creative genius" sink in:

Thanks for the interesting thread!
Love this talk! Creative fairies hmmmmmmm Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #40
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with Cajun Dee... I find infinite inspiration in nature...it's my energy...it's my church....being in the woods does me so much good, body and soul...it's something I need rather than want.....the woods are my happy place

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
inspiration creative