StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Creative

I see pictures everywhere. I find that my creative energy comes from my heart.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #42
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

For me it always begins with observation.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #43
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Although my work is very different, I am inspired to think critically about the world by these two particular artists:

Jenny Holzer
http://tinyurl.com/ceurtxd

Barbara Kruger http://tinyurl.com/clfdt3w

I find their work at once empowering and chilling.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #44
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I adore this artist:

Kelly Rae Roberts

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #45
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default City

Observing people in crowded NYC streets...in quiet bookstores...in nature...seeing, really seeing.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
LaCircé

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ms, and all the good stuff a femme loves to hear or read. :)
Relationship Status:
Married to my Dany. :)

LaCircé is on a distinguished road

I have been drawing and painting for the better part of half a century, my inspiration comes from this need to express what I see or think in a way that others can see. In the past few years, my inspiration is closely linked to all things women, from the purely erotic to queer and more feminist pieces. The condition of my sisters gets my creative side going big time, this is when I feel motivated and know I must use my abilities to speak on such topics.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

When I'm chillin w. my bestie (((((( bella )))))) ~~ ppp lol........
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #48
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
When I'm chillin w. my bestie (((((( bella )))))) ~~ ppp lol........
That's a whotta of creativity there "Bestie" ... ppp

(((((((( luva my ~Bestie~ ... The ppp gal!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #49
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Inspiration for my work comes from so many places.

Everywhere, really...

a dozen eagles sitting on a frozen pond in Nebraska

the faded, wobbly-lined ink on the back of the man's neck who is standing in front of me at a convenience store

a beloved dog sporting a fresh groom and clip, a crisp triangle of bright bandana tied under his chin

the chipped red nail polish of a waitresses fingernails

a hooded man sitting on his duffle bag by the side of the road

mist
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #50
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

talking with others about writing. sharing things we've written. a friend and i did a writing exercise she called tit for tat. every so often i'd send her something i wrote and she'd have to send me a piece she wrote in return. back and forth.

just talking about living/life with another writer is inspiring.

music always inspires me. i'm a dark, emotional writer. the sadder the better.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #51
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

I read voraciously stimulating the thought process. A glimpse of an idea sprouts. Imagery flows over me the same way, a picture of a pole dancer, or old man sitting along a curb wine bottle in a bag, even a building burning touch the creative and off I go with pen in hand to flesh this idea into form. It process is much like a seamstress creating a delectable gown one stitch at a time and the story grows.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #52
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation
Default creatively inspired by

Quick connects with strangers. Sorta a Studs Terkel approach. I like to meet people in everyday situations and where there is a time restraint....We are waiting in line..... We are walking our dogs ect.. then...To fall into sharing on any topic and go deep fast. Deep as in..get to the heart of the matter...like we both want to and do bcuz there is a time restraint and bcuz we probably wont see each other again. In these situations I listen more. I already know how I feel..it is them I usually like to hear from. I dont want them to feel interviewed so I am casual but my goal is to get them to bust wide open and tell me deep shit about their lives good and bad. Real. Human. True. And then laugh at life together before we part ways.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #53
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Bumpity bump!

Defining a creative "problem" helps me arrive at a creative "solution". Just as important is setting parameters. Without doing so (or having them) I tend to flail and miss the "solution".

Parameters could be one or any combination of things i.e. tools, medium, color palette, tone/voice, audience, concept, theme -- even deadlines. You get the idea. That's what works for me.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #54
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

Literally everything. It could be a book, a song, a sunrise, a rainy day, a smell, a feeling...I never know what will get my creative juices flowing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #55
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

meditation at the sound garden:

Kubota Gardens:

Annual burning man trip is my super recharge:
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #56
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I get my inspiration from my own imagination, nature, the works of others, etc. Pinterest is also a great inspiration at times.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #57
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I found a LOT of inspiration while on our vacation to New Orleans just in the landscape and terrain of the city. Anything from the spanish moss hanging from the trees to the architecture in the centuries-old graveyards. Truly a magical city with tons of inspiration.

I even brought home a bag of moss we collected from some trees on the side of the road! Projects will be forthcoming
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #58
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

the best inspirations come from every day life...a photo of the children looking out an old window pane...a weeping willow in the work parking lot...a bicycle in between 2 old buildings...my sis got a pic of a gorgeous sunrise on her way to work...slow down...smell the roses...and capture it on film
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

In my jelly.

Seriously.

This is going to be awesome!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #60
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bump...bumpity...bump

Hadn't been to this thread since 2012?!

This from back then still holds true. Now though
it is an expansive sky, star filled nights, SPACE...lots
of SPACE...and high desert Sun rises...and Sun sets.
Thanks again StillettoDoll for starting this thread.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Observing people in crowded NYC streets...in quiet bookstores...in nature...seeing, really seeing.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
inspiration creative