Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Spiritual Leanings ... From all faiths.

I am a Christian...

But I am one of those Christians who finds wisdom, faith, understanding, and guidance from many sources... not just Christ.

The word Christianity has, in my very humble opinion, been co-opted by a radical right.

I thought I would start a thread where we can post quotes, sayings, words of wisdom, whatever... from various sources.... that may help us as we navigate life's challenges...

Just a thought... that perhaps in our differences we can find our commonality... even on a spiritual level.

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

Sooo....

I thought I would start ... yes, from the Bible. But as I posted tonight in another thread... a thought of love and prayer... I remembered a reading last week from one of my favorite publications:

Pray for Others

I am unified in Spirit with God and with all humanity.

It is impossible to pray for one person without praying for all persons. We are all one in God. Every time one heart is lifted, all hearts are lifted. Every time one life is blessed, all lives are blessed. Entering into the presence of God in the silence, I realize this truth about myself and those I hold in prayer. At the same time, I am reinforcing this truth for all humanity.

As I pray for the protection of a loved one, all persons in danger are enfolded in love and faith. As I affirm the love of God in my heart and rid my mind of all that is unloving, the heart of the world is more loving too. When I feel in tune with life, at peace with myself and the world, I help every confused or restless soul find peace and faith again.And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.--John 12:32

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/51874

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Guess I am the only one interested in this... That's ok... :)

Protected

I am strengthened by my foundation of faith.

Even in the midst of a storm, I know God is with me. I affirm, "I am never alone. I am fully protected. I am safe." My faith is strong, because of the foundation I have laid.

When winds were calm, I strengthened my faith with prayer, gratitude and meditation. Like a builder, I laid a foundation of faith deep within myself--and then I built on it.

Putting God's truth into practice daily has strengthened my faith. When a storm or crisis hits, I have an inner knowing that all is well. I have experienced God's loving and peaceful presence. God is with me, and I am always protected.

That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and laid the foundation on rock; when a flood arose, the river burst against that house but could not shake it, because it had been well built.--Luke 6:48

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/51881

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

You are not the only one interested my friend! I didn't see this thread yesterday. I'm sure there are lots of members who will join in.

Christianity, like Islam, has suffered from the acts of a minority of extremists. I hope we can look beyond the bad rap these offshoots have given the true meaning of the faith.

I don't call myself Christian, but I was raised in the church, it's part of who I am, and I identify with it in many ways. I think there is wisdom to be taken from every faith and have tried to expose myself to different influences. I'll be looking forward to following and learning from those more schooled in the faith than I.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Sue
Old 03-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Thank you for this thread, Citybutch.

I am Roman Catholic. I find a great deal of comfort in my faith. However, along the way, I have been out of the Church for over 20+ years before walking thru the doors of any Church. I returned when my older sister was dying of cancer.

Now, before all of that, in those 20+ years I began to explore many other faiths and belief systems like Buddism, and such. I don't believe that one religion is better than another. I also believe that we all are interconnected, humananity, animals, earth, nature, and such.

I believe in forgiveness, and an after life. I also believe that there is a heaven and hell. Hell can be anything one imagines it to be. I also believe in karma.

I have an alter in my home. I believe in daily prayer. And I believe in praying for other people.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Great Thread!!!

"The Sabbath is a sanctuary in time."

This from Abraham Joshua Heschel from his book "The Sabbath". THis quote guides me everyday. The Sabbath is marked by time on both sides but is outside time. His book talks a lot about this.

Do you know that poem by TS Eliot? Burnt Norton? I don't even pretend to really understand what it is about but this portion caught my imagination in high school and then added to my thoughts on Shabbat.

Is being outside time being in the present? All I know is that on Shabbat when I can unplug and experience the day fully I have felt that shift of being in a timeless place and that helps me daven better. I don't always get there though.

BUIRNT NORTON
(No. 1 of 'Four Quartets')
T.S. Eliot

I

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Right Relationship

My divine nature guides my relationships into perfect alignment.

Many people wonder how to find their "special someone" or how to improve their current relationships. Before seeking someone or something outside myself, I first turn within to Spirit.

When Spirit takes priority in my life--guiding my thoughts and actions--all my relationships come into spiritual alignment. My oneness with Spirit gives me unparalleled security and joy. I relax in the silence of prayer and replenish my energy and my capacity to give. This positively impacts my partner, my children and my co-workers--as it positively impacts me. As I turn within to Spirit, I experience divine love. This love draws me to the right people and blesses every relationship in my life.

I want their hearts to be encouraged and united in love.--Colossians 2:2

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/51883

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanks for sharing Andrew. I have a very similar experience. I was in a really tough relationship, my brother was dying of colon cancer... and I was struggling in my career. I had a very difficult time finding my center. I was flying back East once a month to be with my brother and family. A couple things brought me to some level of peace:

Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch was sitting on my Mother's coffee table and I picked it up and never put it down...

My good friend Mary Daly was on the Roseanne Show (talk show) and a bunch of us were there in the Green Room with her and the audience as well... And Mary's words were basically "Get OUT of the Fear"...

And a transformative drive back to San Diego after the taping of that show... I literally had to stop on the side of the highway with what felt like an A-HA moment. I also identify it as a spiritual touch.

My relationship ended shortly after this... My brother died a few months later... But I had my center... somehow I made it through.

By the end of the year I had met the woman who would become my wife, made Comeback of the Year award from my company, among a few other stand out events.

I seek out my spiritual center at many points every day of my life. Although I find guidance from the words of Jesus and the Christ within me... I also draw direction and guidance from many different spiritual traditions.

There is no one path to God....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

I am Roman Catholic. I find a great deal of comfort in my faith. However, along the way, I have been out of the Church for over 20+ years before walking thru the doors of any Church. I returned when my older sister was dying of cancer.

Now, before all of that, in those 20+ years I began to explore many other faiths and belief systems like Buddism, and such. I don't believe that one religion is better than another. I also believe that we all are interconnected, humananity, animals, earth, nature, and such.

I believe in forgiveness, and an after life. I also believe that there is a heaven and hell. Hell can be anything one imagines it to be. I also believe in karma.

I have an alter in my home. I believe in daily prayer. And I believe in praying for other people.

Namaste,
Andrew

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Dear Citybutch,

Thank you for your kind post. It made me smile ear to ear. Yes, the path to God is not a one way street as alot of folks believe it is or would like to think it is.

I have come to learn from others visually like Shirley MacLaine, Roy Rogers and his wife Dale Evans, plus those who have a gift like Damon Brinkley. God has always drawn me from an early age because of the abuse I endured, and I asked for help from God. However, the spirits are very obvious to me. I think because I am not like most people. I don't have a voice like others. My voice is internal. I hope this makes sense.

I feel that there is more to life than what we know it to be. There are those who feel like they have to eat fish on Friday end of story. Then you have those people who have other views. The God I know to be is of love. For example someone said that God is punishing Japan so He caused the earthquake and the tsuami and now the nuclear nightmare. It makes me very nervous so I don't watch the news now. But I know God did not have anything to do with that mess. It is the same with my sister dying of skin cancer. God had nothing to do with that. She died from cancer. Cancer is horrible. It makes me sad, and want to scream at the top of my lungs. I pray for a cure every day. I hope to see that happen one day.

It is my faith and belief system that knows my sister is safe, happy, and healthy now. She isn't suffering. What most people don't know online is that I was the last person to see her alive. She died 45 min. later after I left her. I went directly to St. Jude's Shrine. I prayed to Mary and Jesus to take her. I would rather suffer missing her, and the pain involved, than to witness her suffering.

What I don't understand is why folks want to start a pissing battle online over who is right or wrong on someone's faith? It makes no sense to me. It doesn't matter what site it is on because I have seen it time and time again. That to me is just a reflection of how much this still a big controversy. Again, like someone wants to debate who is/is not psychic, orbs, ghosts, spirits, the knights of Templar, Mormans, and so on. It is what it is.

Now before my sister died from cancer, I had to endure my adopted step father dying from bone cancer, then my adopted mother dying from Altzheimer's Disease. My older adopted gay brother read the book you mentioned. He got alot from the book. I read a few pages and put it down. It went in one ear and out the other. I have no clue as to what I read. Nodda.

I just wish others would have an open mind and heart to this. I just see so much hatred and opinions that it has to be one way only. It isn't. Life is not like that.

Thank you again for your post. I very much enjoyed it.

Namaste,
Andrew
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
gracefaith

How Do You Identify?:
me

gracefaith will become famous soon enough
Default I allow God teach me

I allow God teach me is my quote...

I love this quote cause this is where I find my spiritual food.

Um, I'm still figuring this out how to go about this writing here...

Um, I'm so glad you began this spiritual thread cause I really feel God's peace here, I really feel God's peace flow through me even now as I'm writing this, I'm so energies in God's power, in God's light, God is a true high for me... I feel God's high right now., so peaceful...

Thank you so much for beginning a spiritual thread...

I love allowing God teach me, cause I can rest then and learn...

Also as I allow God teach me I feel God's flame in my spirit in my chest area... I call God's flame fire of life...

Anyways, when I feel God's flame I feel so much purpose beyond my understanding...

Oh, years back, in my despair when I ask God what happen, it was then I felt God's burn and then, God began teaching me what happen.

my free will I allow God teach me in my midst of it all, and even this I allow God teach me how to allow God teach me, um, its a continue thing for me, to learn and relearn and oh and the renewing of my mind from God,

its like two things are going on, my thoughts and God's thoughts, as God renews my thoughts, but this is through my allowing...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for beginning this spiritual thread... Thank you...

GraceFaith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
I am a Christian...

But I am one of those Christians who finds wisdom, faith, understanding, and guidance from many sources... not just Christ.

The word Christianity has, in my very humble opinion, been co-opted by a radical right.

I thought I would start a thread where we can post quotes, sayings, words of wisdom, whatever... from various sources.... that may help us as we navigate life's challenges...

Just a thought... that perhaps in our differences we can find our commonality... even on a spiritual level.
gracefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gracefaith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Knocking On The Back Door Of Heaven and HonkyTonk Angels

Ever since I was a baby StoneButch I had, as you call,"spiritual leanings" (if I said this publicly say only 2-3 hundred years ago, I would've probably been burned at the stake). So I became facinated in my teens, with LSD and mahajuana, magic mushrooms, and peyote, hashish, because it was easily accessible by my "spiritual" group of "friends", and also known, as a first "rite of passage" for certain enlightened common youth of the day. I thought gettin high, was gettin closer to my Higher Self and the Master of Myself, and the entire Universe(what Swami Ram Dass called "knocking on the backdoor of heaven"). I wanted to be "drunk with the Spirit." To make a long story short, I sure did find what I was looking for in a Honky Tonk Angel! Y'alll may not believe this, but everytime that regular looking old woman touched me, I felt the greatest high imaginable! I've seen her make a group of grown men cry with joy when they visited her..she was truly a Honky Tonk Angel. Unfortunately we'd all come down from this "high", and I never knew where she lived.There are more people in this world who have these gifts. In India, it takes devotee's years of meditation and breathing excersizes to get to Samadhi or Bliss willfully and summon it whenever they please. I believe this is one way to world peace
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Gracefaith,

Thank you for your post. I too keep my eyes on the Lord. "My eyes are ever fixed on the Lord, for He releases my feet from the snare. O look at me and be merciful, for I am wretched and alone." Ezekiel 36:23-26

Then I think of the psalm that we sing in Mass - "If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Say not in grief that she is no more
but say in thankfulness that she was
A death is not the extinguishing of a light,
but the putting out of the lamp
because the dawn has come.

- Rabindranath Tagore

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Harmony

I am one in Spirit with all people.

We are all connected by an invisible thread of Spirit that binds us as children of God. As we sing in a popular hymn: "We are one in the spirit, we are one in the Lord." If I am feeling out of harmony with the people in my life or perceive injustice or unfairness in the situations around me, I remember that we are all one in the spirit of God.

Looking beyond outer differences, I remember I am spiritually connected to every individual--from my neighbors, family and friends, to people of all nations around the world. I focus on the values that bind us together--such as harmony, cooperation and love. We are one in the spirit of God and the Spirit transcends any differences.

You are standing firm in one spirit, striving side by side with one mind.--Philippians 1:27

http://www.dailyword.com/

Old 03-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Citybutch,

Everyone has a different perspective on everything in life. Let me try to explain this as best I can. Say someone posts about what it means for them to see someone who is a ftm, and they compare that person to someone else. Then there are a million and one threads on or about what is or isn't man/woman enough if they don't do whatever. It is all about perspective. It can be good, bad, or a mix. For example stereotyping. All guys smoke pipes, cigars, and so on. Or another stereotype is that all guys are atheletic and sports nuts. What about a non-smoker ftm? What about a heavy guy who is not into sports? Does that make him less of a guy? What about a guy who doesn't ride a Harley? What about a guy who looses his job, and moves back with his parents? Is he less than? It is all about perspective.

What I have decided to do is seek out the positive, and rely on the Saints who give me good intentions, feelings, and know my limitations and weaknesses. I also pray for my enemies, family members who I don't talk too, and so on. I do believe that we are all connected in some form or fashion. We may not speak the same language, but it makes no difference. We are all apart of the human race.

Another issue is wealth. Is it wrong that someone is weathly? Heck no. However, I try not to judge that person, but I do. I see how they spend their money. Do they donate to the soldiers fighting in the wars? Japan? Haiti? Hire the unemployed? Help children? Work on helping society grow? I am thinking of someone like Bill Gates.

I hope this makes sense. I tried to cover everything you mentioned above.

Enjoy your Sunday!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Is it Tuesday already? Did I miss a day?

Be Still

I am comforted in the silence, knowing that all is well.

If I am feeling burdened by life's circumstances, I choose to become still. Turning inward, I affirm God's presence in me and all around me. While it may be easy to see divinity in a serene sunset or a newborn baby, I know that God is present in the difficult experiences of life also. Through stillness and silence, I become present to the Divine in me. I know that all is well.

When the mind and heart are still--when I no longer allow my thoughts to rest on external concerns--God is revealed. As I release my needs to God, I am comforted. I am led out of turmoil into peace.

As my worries transform into peace of mind, I become a sanctuary for others. My influence is calming and comforting.

Be still, and know that I am God! --Psalm 46:10

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
gracefaith

How Do You Identify?:
me

Default I feel connection when praying

I feel prayer is a sense of connection, an active connection...

I really feel connected with whom I'm praying for and others...

For I'm not separated from anyone...

Even physical death can't separate me from others, as we're all one in Christ's spiritual body who's spiritual eternal life breathing in us...

I feel so connected when praying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybutch View Post
Sooo....

I thought I would start ... yes, from the Bible. But as I posted tonight in another thread... a thought of love and prayer... I remembered a reading last week from one of my favorite publications:

Pray for Others

I am unified in Spirit with God and with all humanity.

It is impossible to pray for one person without praying for all persons. We are all one in God. Every time one heart is lifted, all hearts are lifted. Every time one life is blessed, all lives are blessed. Entering into the presence of God in the silence, I realize this truth about myself and those I hold in prayer. At the same time, I am reinforcing this truth for all humanity.

As I pray for the protection of a loved one, all persons in danger are enfolded in love and faith. As I affirm the love of God in my heart and rid my mind of all that is unloving, the heart of the world is more loving too. When I feel in tune with life, at peace with myself and the world, I help every confused or restless soul find peace and faith again.And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.--John 12:32

http://www.dailyword.com/dailyword/51874
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gracefaith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default The days happen...

Grace

With God, I co-create my world with grace and ease.

My tasks at home may range from picking up toys to caring for loved ones. My duties at work may vary from the trivial to the essential. No matter my day's activities, with God as my partner, I accomplish them all with grace and ease.

Relationships can present a challenge at times, but today, I speak directly and lovingly with grace and ease. Any rifts of the past or concerns about the future diminish in importance as I hold positive expectations for the interactions of this day.

Every decision, every choice, every relationship brings a gift or opportunity. I gratefully accept each one. With God as my partner, I co-create my world with grace and ease.

Grace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you forever.
--Psalm 45:2

Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
gracefaith

How Do You Identify?:
me

Default Journey and benefits

I find this too., journey and not staying in one spot, but actually moving...

Its I who move...

sorry to hear about your sister and cancer...

Many in my family had and has cancer... well when its had then that word is remission... However as cancer has been around me, I hadn't had cancer but for some reason as its around me, it became a norm... Perhaps odd... But it did... Perhaps I've learn the perspective of time...

Um, one thing I've adapt about faiths is taking from them and leaving behind whatever upsets me... In a way I learn not to take it all but only take what benefits me and benefits the ones around me...

I've learn more with this word benefit instead of this word approval...

Um, what are your thoughts about this word benefit and me too., I'm learning more about forgiveness and the benefits in forgiveness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Namaste,
Andrew
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracefaith For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Inner Peace

I am one with Divine Presence. I am at peace.

When I see rain softly falling on my window and hear thunder in the distance, I feel a connection with something greater than myself. The air is being cleansed and the ground saturated with a renewing shower. The birds and other animals quench their thirst and plants are nourished. I am content knowing that each drop of water has a purpose.

I take a breath and become aware of the activity of Spirit in each element of nature. As I sense its beauty and symmetry, a feeling of inner peace fills me.

I go within to reconnect with Divine Presence; I experience a feeling of spiritual balance, a calm peace in my soul.
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.

The Lord be with all of you.--2 Thessalonians 3:16