Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 01-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #21
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
nothing is separate from God. Nothing.
This is how I feel. For me God is an energy. My God consciousness ideally is how connected i feel to all that is. There is no separation.

When people ask me what religion or what I believe in I don't have a name or definition. I am spiritual and conscious. I wake up everyday considering my actions and movements. How can I make the world a better place today? Where will I direct love? I am grateful and I thank God.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Key,

You are right, nothing is separate from God. We are all connected in some form or fashion.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #23
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be a long post,not today.To me there are two Gods in this world.And it seems to me the hardest thing to do for some people is picking the right one.There's my God,then there's the Devil.I believe in them both.No,I didn't learn a lot about these two Gods from going to church or reading the holy bible.Nope,you really can't learn much from imitating your friends or reading a book.You must actually go out in the world and see first hand how people treat each other,I mean actually treat each other when no one is looking for approval.The dark and good sides of human nature are there for all to see if your eyes are truly open.All i'm saying is that if my ass was drowning,I never prayed for the devil to save me.It was the devil who lied.Just look at what he made them do to Jesus.That's one powerful God if you ask me.But there is another who is more powerful.
And it is that God that I have faith in to get me out of a jam.

Jesse~I believe in God because....he did save my ass more than once.

time
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #24
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

[[[[[[[[[[[[[BornBronson]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
rugged brotherly hug
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #25
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default I believe in God because...

My hell is as though I were living my own private Dunkirk. But this is what happened at Dunkirk:

The Dunkirk evacuation, codenamed Operation Dynamo by the British, was the evacuation of Allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk, France, between 26 May and 4 June 1940, when British, French, Canadian, and Belgian troops were cut off by the German army during the Battle of Dunkirk in the Second World War. In a speech to the House of Commons ("We shall fight on the beaches"), Winston Churchill called the events in France "a colossal military disaster", saying that "the whole root and core and brain of the British Army" had been stranded at Dunkirk and seemed about to perish or be captured. He hailed their rescue as a "miracle of deliverance."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #26
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why fight it

Another intriguing post.*snort*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBronson View Post
I thought this was going to be a long post,not today.To me there are two Gods in this world.And it seems to me the hardest thing to do for some people is picking the right one.There's my God,then there's the Devil.I believe in them both.No,I didn't learn a lot about these two Gods from going to church or reading the holy bible.Nope,you really can't learn much from imitating your friends or reading a book.You must actually go out in the world and see first hand how people treat each other,I mean actually treat each other when no one is looking for approval.The dark and good sides of human nature are there for all to see if your eyes are truly open.All i'm saying is that if my ass was drowning,I never prayed for the devil to save me.It was the devil who lied.Just look at what he made them do to Jesus.That's one powerful God if you ask me.But there is another who is more powerful.
And it is that God that I have faith in to get me out of a jam.

Jesse~I believe in God because....he did save my ass more than once.

time
I think God has a few new things in store for me.All I can do is put my faith in him and let it be.God never steered me wrong.
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 AM   #27
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default I believe in God because...

I am still here.
I am free to feel...whether it be good or bad.
I have been truly blessed by the people who are in my life.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 AM   #28
Daktari

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5079rCfs6I"]YouTube- C.S. Lewis - "Lord, Liar, or Lunatic" - Mere Christianity[/nomedia]
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #29
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

~~Nelson Mandela
Old 08-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default god

all i have heard "from god" is "believe in me and do as i say or perish in eternal pain and suffering.........."
doesn't exactly have me rushing to join the "Jesus Team"......
it's akin to any dictator or despot ruling by fear.... i am not buying it.

IF there is a god and IF he loves us and wants people to believe in him and have everlasting life *blah blah blah* and all that happy crap, wouldn't be much more effective to be positive, spreading joy and happiness, than threatening and vengeful generalities about the price of sin is death and eternal damnation yadda yadda yadda.......

sounds more like a evil man's idea of ruling, not a loving God.....
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile

I believe in God when I look into the eyes of forgiveness and have learned how important it is to forgive.

I believe in God when I look into my cats eyes and see gratitude. I am grateful they were put in my path.

I believe in God because he believes in me. He knows he can act through me and I will carry out the task humbly and graciously.

I believe in God because he has taught me I am not here to simply exist for my own self importance, but living to help other peoples/animals lives mean something and know they are loved.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #32
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

often I wonder and thing about god, goddess all that is.. I am in awe at "whatever" it is that guides me, gives me passion, fuel for life but I do know one thing.... that it is inspired by my actions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #33
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in God by Faith alone.
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #34
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up I too believe in God!

I believe in God and have since I was a young child. I was first "saved" when I was about 8 years old and have renewed my dedication to Christ Jesus about 3 months ago. Moreover, I just got baptized on 1/5/11 as my outward expression of devotion and love for God, who has gotten me out of soooo many messes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in God because He has been my guide since the day I entered this world
Often times I was the driver and not the passenger, God carried me
When I decided to be the passenger instead of the driver, God led me
I stand beside God every day and we walk together
His faith, love and hope in me is what keeps me going

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #36
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
all i have heard "from god" is "believe in me and do as i say or perish in eternal pain and suffering.........."
I thought this thread was supposed to be about why we believe in God.
I don't know where you got your idea, you said you heard that from God, I've never heard of God giving ultimatums or being a major control freak.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #37
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like many here have stated, I believe in God because of the sheer force of Nature. There's a saying...Nature is the art of God....I love that saying. I believe it to be truth. Two minutes on my back porch tonight. Snow falling gracefully from the sky, a slight breeze, the sounds of the creek behind my house as the running water dances over the ice that has formed, the birds chirping their thanks for the birdfood that's out, the clouds racing across the sky..as if trying to get somewhere before the sunset. And the sunset itself....how can one look at that and NOT believe in a greater being???

The perfection of a child, a rose, a stormy night. The silence of a snowy evening. The peace that overcomes me when I step into the Lord's house (not every church has it..but when one does....there's no feeling like it for me). The smile of a baby. The senses we were given in order to enjoy creation.

The completion I feel in my heart when I search for "why I believe". The sense of the One who was there when my world was crumbling. The pulse that runs through my body, the blood that rushes through my veins, the intense abilities of the mind.

A million and one reasons that I believe...and tomorrow..there will be at least a million and two.
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #38
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PlayfulFemme View Post
Like many here have stated, I believe in God because of the sheer force of Nature. There's a saying...Nature is the art of God....I love that saying. I believe it to be truth. Two minutes on my back porch tonight. Snow falling gracefully from the sky, a slight breeze, the sounds of the creek behind my house as the running water dances over the ice that has formed, the birds chirping their thanks for the birdfood that's out, the clouds racing across the sky..as if trying to get somewhere before the sunset. And the sunset itself....how can one look at that and NOT believe in a greater being???

The perfection of a child, a rose, a stormy night. The silence of a snowy evening. The peace that overcomes me when I step into the Lord's house (not every church has it..but when one does....there's no feeling like it for me). The smile of a baby. The senses we were given in order to enjoy creation.

The completion I feel in my heart when I search for "why I believe". The sense of the One who was there when my world was crumbling. The pulse that runs through my body, the blood that rushes through my veins, the intense abilities of the mind.

A million and one reasons that I believe...and tomorrow..there will be at least a million and two.

Lovely post and very positive. Your sentiments are appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #39
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I believe in a Higher Power, God/ess, Great Spirit, however you want to say it, because S/he won't let me go. I have tried to be agnostic/atheist. But God/ess keeps coming into my life and talking to me, making it impossible to turn away. And yet I am very mad at God/ess, cause some really fucked up shit happened to me and others I care for, and I tend to blame and hold a grudge. I know this is my own short-coming. It is what it is.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #40
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
doesn't exactly have me rushing to join the "Jesus Team"......
it's akin to any dictator or despot ruling by fear.... i am not buying it.

IF there is a god and IF he loves us and wants people to believe in him and have everlasting life *blah blah blah* and all that happy crap, wouldn't be much more effective to be positive, spreading joy and happiness, than threatening and vengeful generalities about the price of sin is death and eternal damnation yadda yadda yadda.......

sounds more like a evil man's idea of ruling, not a loving God.....
I don't believe in "that" god either. But that god isn't the only conception/experience of a Higher Power. It is good to keep that in mind.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post: