Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #61
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Wonderful thread, Thank you Medusa.

" The PH Miracle " is another good read regarding inflammation.

I'm currently learning about fermented foods.

"Nourishing Traditions" is an incredible book about Weston Price's work.

"Healing Tooth Decay" is my next purchase. Based on the work of W.Price it focuses on healing dental deficiency through nutrition.

Thank you all for your contributions!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #62
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have a problem with driving at night cause of bad stigmatism (?) in both eyes,recently I got new glasses but the place I got them from didn't do the lenses right so they will be doing them again and right this time,they were supposed to put a h.d. tint on them plus tri focals not bi's.My question is,what can anyone do for tired sore eyes? Driving at night is killing me as my eyes burn and run tears,I have eye drops but can anything work better,even bright lights in a building is an issue at times.I am back to wearing my old pair that have magnetic h.d. shades to use as I need them.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #63
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Thanks for sharing all this. I hear you say that you don't think about it, yet at the same time, you live your life doing good things for your body so that your cancer doesn't return (such as taking the correct supplements for you). You have just made fighting cancer a part of living your life.

As an aside, do you take Coq10?
I am high risk for breast cancer and colon cancer. This has been a part of my life for 20 years. So yes, I live my life fighting cancer daily. You are SO RIGHT!

I take a product by Thorne - Q-Best 100 which is Coq10. I also take a bunch of other supplements.

I had a bit a scare last month (really scary) and they found I had a blood clot through a DDimer test (+3400). I thought I was having a heart attack, but it was a blood clot that had most likely broken off. Therefore, I am on natural blood thinners and tons of cardiovascular supplements. My heart and lungs (surprisingly) are strong and young.

I have an appointment next week with my naturalist and we will see where I am at and what supplements we need to add. Since taking her protocol, I feel healthier than I have in years. Though expensive - this is running about $250 a month, but my boss is paying for everything. In contrast to the $6 a month I would be paying for pharmaceuticals

I am happy to read Dapper that you are doing so much better since your colon cancer. It is so important for us to be vigilant with our bodies.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014

Last edited by Julie; 01-23-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #64
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Liquid life comes in different flavors. I get mango flavored. It has a strong vitamin after taste. I chase it with a swig of diet coke. Make sure you shake the bottle well to mix it everytime you use it . But I am convinced it is why I have no gray hair and still feel like I did when I was 18. It is made from an ancient root of some sort. They had a factory in Tulsa and my company used to ship it for them. But a few years ago they moved to Ca. That is how I know about them. I have been using it for 16 years.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #65
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Medusa-

Every cell in our body has CoQ10. The purpose of CoQ10 is for cellular growth and maintenance. That is pretty much the whole ball of wax when it comes to our body systems, right there!

I think you are referring to a study done in 1961/1962 (?), where they found that people with many different types of cancer (colon, lung, breast, etc), had low amounts of CoQ10. There was some evidence that CoQ10 supplements was helpful to individuals with breast cancer, but I have not heard of any studies replicating this.

Julie-

I use Integrative Therapeutics UBQH.

I hear you about cost. I pay around $300-$350/month. I am fortunate in that I have someone who helps me with the cost, as well. What I take is based off the blood work I did for K. Block, M.D. I was supposed to follow up with more blood work after 6 months, but I am irresponsible like that. It has been 2 years and I have just been ordering the same stuff. I doubt it would change that much, but I do need to follow through.

Medusa - speaking of Block, he was really cool. He was a bit rough looking when I met him because he had just taken the red eye home from a snow boarding trip! He's an old hippy, too.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #66
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Finished up my old standby facial moisturizer that was full of shit I couldn't pronounce and am switching to all natural products. Started with vitamin E oil and have some cocoa butter also.

Already loving the vitamin E!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #67
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had no idea about the relevancy to CoQ10 and breast cancer, etc. Really interesting. I am going to check this out. I have used supplements from Integrative Therapeutics. They have great products. And Dapper, I am pretty lazy about blood work as well. I kinda put it on ignore. I find that doctors can make us much sicker than we might actually be.

Medusa - Can you do me a favor and post a link to the Aztec mask. I want to try it with the apple cider vinegar. I wonder if there is something natural out there for puffy eyes and those irritating small lines I am beginning to see on my face (dammit).

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #68
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I had no idea about the relevancy to CoQ10 and breast cancer, etc. Really interesting. I am going to check this out. I have used supplements from Integrative Therapeutics. They have great products. And Dapper, I am pretty lazy about blood work as well. I kinda put it on ignore. I find that doctors can make us much sicker than we might actually be.

Medusa - Can you do me a favor and post a link to the Aztec mask. I want to try it with the apple cider vinegar. I wonder if there is something natural out there for puffy eyes and those irritating small lines I am beginning to see on my face (dammit).

This is it:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Cleansing/dp/B0014P8L9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390532960&sr=8-1&keywords=aztec+mask"]http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indian-Healing-Cleansing/dp/B0014P8L9W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390532960&sr=8-1&keywords=aztec+mask[/ame]

You mix this with apple cider vinegar (even says you can on the label) and let it dry, then wash it all off. My face was smooth and balmy like a mushroom when I was done. LOVE this product and it's super cheap considering how much of it you get!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #69
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Well, this isn't an herb per se but it is natural:

I have recently discovered a LOVE of coconut oil. Originally picked it up to cook with but have been using it as a lip balm, on my face, and in my hair as a conditioner. I LOVE this stuff. It smells amazing and soaks into dry skin so well.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 AM   #70
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Well, this isn't an herb per se but it is natural:

I have recently discovered a LOVE of coconut oil. Originally picked it up to cook with but have been using it as a lip balm, on my face, and in my hair as a conditioner. I LOVE this stuff. It smells amazing and soaks into dry skin so well.

Coconut oil is excellent for you. Sounds like you have found a lot of uses!

Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #71
Daktari

Coconut oil is good for face, body and hair; Argan oil is even better.

Mix a little of both along with a little jojoba oil (maybe a little peach kernel, meadowfoam and rosehip oils too) and you have the best skin conditioner ever. I add a few drops of cypress e.o which helps treat facial spider veins and a little ylang ylang to make me (or whoever I"m making the product for) feel good (and smells lovely I'm told).

For hands I recommend melting some cocoa butter with a little shea butter. Nothing else necessary.

Good luck to those who are looking for all natural ways to treat your skin and hair.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:47 AM   #72
Hey You

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and waiting :)

Hey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST ReputationHey You Has the BEST Reputation

I have recently stopped using shampoo in my hair. A mix of bicarb and water leaves it very clean when I'm pretty dirty or sweaty. A mix of apple cider vinegar and water a couple of times a week when it's less dirty leaves it nice and smooth and it stops smelling when it dries.

Next project is to make my own deodorant. Apparently apple cider vinegar works well on its own but it is quite acidic so I don't know if I want to do that every day. I've got a few patches of skin healing from getting rid of some moles using ACV though, seems to have worked really well.
Hey You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #73
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey You View Post
I have recently stopped using shampoo in my hair. A mix of bicarb and water leaves it very clean when I'm pretty dirty or sweaty. A mix of apple cider vinegar and water a couple of times a week when it's less dirty leaves it nice and smooth and it stops smelling when it dries.

Next project is to make my own deodorant. Apparently apple cider vinegar works well on its own but it is quite acidic so I don't know if I want to do that every day. I've got a few patches of skin healing from getting rid of some moles using ACV though, seems to have worked really well.
My partner made deodarant once when she was experimenting. It took her a lot of time and it was messy to make (she says). She poured it into those cupcake paper things. Hard to hold and was messy in the hand, as well. Other thing is that it was really hard on the armpits...didn't really roll on.

Anyway, we (ok, I), just make sure to buy aluminum free deodorant.

The homemade laundry soap she makes works fine, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #74
bokster

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Single

bokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputationbokster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

VCO works for me as a deodorant, I kid you not. I was kind of skeptical when I read about it, but tried it anyway. No wet, sticky feeling, and most importantly, no smell after a quick walk around the block. I've thrown out my old deodorant already.

I've been taking a tablespoon spoon of VCO everyday (been giving my dogs the same amount and have seen some really cool benefits on them). I have also blended in a few drops of lavender eo in a pump bottle for my skin.

I'm going to check out the argan oil next as posted by Daktari.
bokster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bokster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #75
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I've stopped using shampoo as well - I use baking soda now. It works really well and leaves my hair soft and not oily or dried out - zero dandruff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
The homemade laundry soap she makes works fine, though.
I make my own laundry soap as well - did you already post your recipe? I can go look for it if you did - if not, will you post it?

I used the recipe on this link --> here <--

I got that from FB - I used to belong to a lot of prepper and homesteader FB pages that posted things like the laundry soap recipe, how to make your own neosporin-type salve, cold medicine, decongestant, deodorant, etc.

I am trying to get more of the chemicals out of my life and bring in more natural stuff that works just as well, but cheaper and safer.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #76
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I've stopped using shampoo as well - I use baking soda now. It works really well and leaves my hair soft and not oily or dried out - zero dandruff too.

I make my own laundry soap as well - did you already post your recipe? I can go look for it if you did - if not, will you post it?

I used the recipe on this link --> here <--

I got that from FB - I used to belong to a lot of prepper and homesteader FB pages that posted things like the laundry soap recipe, how to make your own neosporin-type salve, cold medicine, decongestant, deodorant, etc.

I am trying to get more of the chemicals out of my life and bring in more natural stuff that works just as well, but cheaper and safer.
Parker -

Yep, same stuff. Minus the Purex fabric softener. I feel mixed on using the Oxyclean (more chemicals), but TF thinks it is important to keep in there (so we do). I have found most homemade laundry soap receipes (online, anyway), are the same. Pretty standard ingredients.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #77
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Our homemade laundry soap comes from my Gayboy, Emmit, and I believe it has shaved up "Zote" soap, washing soda, and rainwater. He also adds some essential oils to make it smell wonderful and it works like a freaking CHARM! I might be forgetting an ingredient though because I haven't started making it myself just yet.

We did try the homemade fabric softener and I DID NOT like the recipe we used. It involved vinegar and made our clothes smell like fucking pickles!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #78
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Yes - in the comments of that soap recipe, they mention using Zote instead of Naptha. Some people even suggest using Ivory soap instead.

Also in the comments, people say what Dapper did about not using the Purex softener bc of chemicals and instead, adding 1/2 cup of white or apple cider vinegar to the wash. Or, conversely, making your own drier sheets by cutting up old t-shirts into 6-8" squares and adding 3-5 drops of an essential oil onto the shirt pieces before putting them in the drier.

That same commenter also mentioned adding essential oils to the powder detergent if you wanted that to have a scent - add 40-80 drops, she says, a little at a time so you can mix it in without it clumping.

My detergent started out in 2 1-gallon sized jugs and I am down to 3/4 of a gallon now, so I am looking into making it again. I'd love to see your son's recipe, Medusa, if you can get it - sometimes, I like to take the best of more than one recipe to make my own.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #79
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Parker! I'll ask him for the recipe! He is such a crafty boy an is always making bath bombs for me and laundry soap! Last year he crocheted 2 gorgeous scarves for me and 2 fun hats with pompoms all over them!

He even crocheted a hat for Gracie!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2014, 05:08 AM   #80
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Does anyone here make their own capsules? I've got questions about dosages for turmeric and some other stuff.