Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few faults which have evolved over time. Some of my faults actually help me and other faults leave me in a state of emotional distress or impair my ability to act in immediate ways.

One “Fault” that can be helpful: I seem to have an ability to identify difficult-to-name behaviors. I have been told by others that I seem to have a ‘gift’ for identifying things of this nature, but what others may not realize is that it is not a gift: My ability to do this finds its roots in having suffered on-going issues of abuse in my own family (growing up) and also in a small handful of romantic relationships. I would say that the downside to this ‘gift’ or ‘fault’ is that it slows my ability to develop close relationships. In some cases of particular clusters of difficult-to-identify behaviors, I create an extremely wide berth of distance between myself and these particular individuals; because while their sets of behaviors can be very scary, I take great care to make sure that my personal sense of safety and well-being is least likely to be violated. But really, I see it as an upside to building safe and healthy relationships.

Faults of mine that are not so helpful: I can be rather quiet. I enjoy quietness within my own life at home, but I tend to temper the quiet side of life with random occasions of spur of the moment, over the top, loud and proud. But as I age, I seem to have to give more serious planning to the unquiet side of life. I tend to want it in small doses, repeatedly at times and I’ve been told that it’s annoying when I want to be quiet, rather than the opposite of quiet. I can be rather moody. Moody as in, I come across as rather a spoiled brat at times and if grapes are not peeled the right way with me, more than likely my spoiled side might get a bit out of control. My son’s have seen me this way before and usually call out my spoiled side; but also, depending on my mood, I have been known to make a mountain out of a mole hill and make it incredibly difficult to scale the precipice of my desires. If I experience fear, I will shut down immediately. And once this happens, it takes tremendous effort on my part to dislodge myself from what ever has caused me to become fearful. Sometimes I am able to help myself over come fear in a relatively fast way. Other times, it can be weeks to months – one time it was ten years; but time and distance helped in that particular case of fear.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: