Old 04-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #261
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ4321 View Post
First, thanks for this thread. I've read most of the other posts and totally agree that 1)Honesty; 2) Integrity; 3) Fidelity
I would have to add Understanding (If you expect me to forgive your shortcomings, be prepared to forgive mine-we are afterall, both human); No drama--if I want drama, I'll watch it on television. I expect some drama from a femme (Ok, OK, now don't take offense at that, it's just been my experience is all), but let's sit down and talk like the two adults we claim to be and do it without drama; Loving, compassionate, able to accept all the love and tenderness I want to shower you with; My strength, my heart, my love is yours--take it but handle it with CARE.
OK, so I guess that's a few more than three, but they would be my deal breakers.

I'd like to point out that none of my deal breakers have anything to do with any physical characterstics or flaws. They are all nontangible---the things that really matter in life.
Offense taken.

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #262
Violette

How Do You Identify?:
woman

Violette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
First, thanks for this thread. I've read most of the other posts and totally agree that 1)Honesty; 2) Integrity; 3) Fidelity
I would have to add Understanding (If you expect me to forgive your shortcomings, be prepared to forgive mine-we are afterall, both human); No drama--if I want drama, I'll watch it on television. I expect some drama from a femme (Ok, OK, now don't take offense at that, it's just been my experience is all), but let's sit down and talk like the two adults we claim to be and do it without drama; Loving, compassionate, able to accept all the love and tenderness I want to shower you with; My strength, my heart, my love is yours--take it but handle it with CARE.
OK, so I guess that's a few more than three, but they would be my deal breakers.

I'd like to point out that none of my deal breakers have anything to do with any physical characterstics or flaws. They are all nontangible---the things that really matter in life.

I find that we pick people who are mirrors for ourselves. When a person can see that and chooses to learn from that, their experience deepens. One can see what one is bringing to the dynamic. Perhaps some reflection is in order.

You chose to write some interesting words in a site full of femmes and people who love them. Perhaps this is what you seek.

Last edited by Violette; 04-12-2014 at 09:35 AM. Reason: spell check
Violette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #263
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
Offense taken.
Ditto. *Said very calmly and with zero drama*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #264
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

I'd like to point out that none of my deal breakers have anything to do with any physical characterstics or flaws. They are all nontangible---the things that

really matter in life.
Offense taken
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #265
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
Dreamweaver

Thanked 21,383 Times in 6,731 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You are welcome Sir, but let me include that in my experience butches seem to have a taste for drama too, sometimes in the best of ways! but also unfortunately at times not. Emotions between two people who love each other can run hot and so there are bound to be times, when passion can run amuk. But this should be anticipated and if there is love, you eventually come together and work out a fair solution. Love is great, it's just not simple!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #266
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default RE: Drama

In my experience I have found that broaching a subject as a calm, reasonable, adult has still resulted in me being accused of drama. Sometimes, the other person has simply not wanted to discuss the subject that I have broached. Pulling the "drama" accusation is an easy way to shut down the conversation, instead of being honest and simply saying, "I don't feel like talking about it now". Nobody wants to be a drama queen, so it's an easy way to silence someone.

I have to agree with kittygrrl...sometimes intense passion brings a little drama. But I would NEVER forego passion simply to avoid a little drama. Drama...heh...I can deal with it.

Welcome to the planet, DJ.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 06:15 AM   #267
DJ4321

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Friendships Welcome

DJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST Reputation

Holy cow! You sweet little femmes might just have opened my eyes a little bit! Can it possibly be that I've lived this long without learning this? I think maybe this is why I'm drawn to you soft, cuddly teddy bears---you appear like you need us Butches, but maybe it's really us Butches who need you!
You have all given me lots to contemplate--am I looking in a mirror, am I really just shutting down the conversation, am I afraid to honestly see so I just call it "drama"? Very interesting indeed.
Thanks everyone for your honesty and willingness to help this butch.
DJ4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ4321 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #268
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,342 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
Offense taken.
I knew when I saw that post it was going to offend and I found it offensive as well. I know people in the community AND outside it that cause drama on a regular basis.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #269
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Holy cow! You sweet little femmes might just have opened my eyes a little bit! Can it possibly be that I've lived this long without learning this? I think maybe this is why I'm drawn to you soft, cuddly teddy bears---you appear like you need us Butches, but maybe it's really us Butches who need you!
You have all given me lots to contemplate--am I looking in a mirror, am I really just shutting down the conversation, am I afraid to honestly see so I just call it "drama"? Very interesting indeed.
I don't mean to criticize but this post feels a little condescending. I don't think you mean any harm but sometimes our (mine too) posts come across totally wrong.

I do agree with one thing you said .... That it's us butches that need femmes! I crave that energy. The exchange between butch and femme is like no other energy.

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #270
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I saw the post equating femmes with drama-makers.

Let me add to my list of non-negotiables, sexism.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #271
lamuymuyfem

How Do You Identify?:
old school femme, date butches and FtMs who like girls
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, la fabulosa
Relationship Status:
recalculating, recalculating

lamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputationlamuymuyfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
CIJS…which is another thread….This sweet-but-assertive, not-so little femme would lovingly ask you to continue your self-reflection…..

Butch Femme Planet is never boring and a great place to learn new things……..DJ4321, enjoy your journey of discovery.
lamuymuyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lamuymuyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #272
Daktari

Default A wee handy hint...

Quote:

Really?

Answering with yet more of the same assumptions and sexist language doesn't really help yer cause mate.
You'll find plenty of strong, capable, articulate femmes who will be telling you why such attitudes and language are unacceptable. Pin back yer ears!

* handy hint alert
May I suggest reading around the site. You'll learn lots if you remain open-minded and willing to learn. I've learned lots about my attitudes by being a member here and reading...lots.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #273
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Really?

Answering with yet more of the same assumptions and sexist language doesn't really help yer cause mate.
You'll find plenty of strong, capable, articulate femmes who will be telling you why such attitudes and language are unacceptable.
Well said and I totally agree!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #274
DJ4321

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Friendships Welcome

DJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST ReputationDJ4321 Has the BEST Reputation

thank you very much lamuymuyfem and others who have responded. This is all making me chuckle--and shake my head as well. I appreciate the way you disagreed with me but didn't do so in a critical way. Rather in a way that invited me to continue learning.
That is one thing this journey is all about, learning along our way. Others may not see things the way we do, we may not see they way we do, but if we can keep ourselves open to learning, maybe we can learn new and better ways along the way.
I respect whatever you believe are your "deal breakers" all I ask is that you respect what I consider mine. By the same token, I want to grow as a person and if my "deal breakers" are holding me back from growing, then by all means I would want to hear about that, have an opportunity to reflect on that and then make my own decisions.
Thanks all and may our energy continue to help each of us develop into stronger people.
DJ4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ4321 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #275
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm not sure where to start deconstructing this head-patting, sexist mess, but I wonder if this second post was yet another attempt to start drama since your first post didn't quite get enough fire breathing aimed at you to justify your repellent assertion that femmes are drama prone? You should open your eyes and look in the mirror, indeed.

Of course I always suspect we're getting played by a troll whenever it's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #276
Violette

How Do You Identify?:
woman

Violette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I'm not sure where to start deconstructing this head-patting, sexist mess, but I wonder if this second post was yet another attempt to start drama since your first post didn't quite get enough fire breathing aimed at you to justify your repellent assertion that femmes are drama prone? You should open your eyes and look in the mirror, indeed.

Of course I always suspect we're getting played by a troll whenever it's as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

Yes, Yes, Yes! And Yes! The thought that this is a troll has crossed my mind several times. Especially after the second post. "Sweet little femmes..." Wow.
Violette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Violette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #277
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

This thread has had a recent report which I wanted to acknowledge (thank you). We try to stay out of the thread if people are working things out directly with each other which seems to be the case right now. If someone is truly found to be a troll of course they will be banned but sometimes it takes some time to figure that out. Just an update that we are alerted and also that the reason there has been no administrative stepping in at this point is that people are speaking up on the thread themselves.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #278
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violette View Post
Yes, Yes, Yes! And Yes! The thought that this is a troll has crossed my mind several times. Especially after the second post. "Sweet little femmes..." Wow.
This was my first thought too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 AM   #279
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I can assure you this person, DJ is not a troll. I know her, and in fact have dated her and introduced her to this site. I cringed when I read her posts, knowing she has a lot to learn about the butch femme dynamic and this site. I hesitated to even post, because we are no longer dating but she truly is a good person, just has a lot to learn, as do we all when we enter unfamiliar territory.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2014, 04:30 AM   #280
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I can assure you this person, DJ is not a troll
Thanks! I had meant to ask you if it was the same one

The Following User Says Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post: