Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie Introductions

Newbie Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #101
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single, and will be a challenge

absurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Re-introducing myself

I'm back after a hiatus of a year or so. Here are my details:
51 yr old femme, single, one whippet-also a femme *s*, location-the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia; occupation-tea consultant
absurdfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to absurdfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #102
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurdfemme View Post
51 yr old femme, single, one whippet-also a femme *s*, location-the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia; occupation-tea consultant
Well first of all.. welcome back to the site! Now are you saying that you have a whippet as in a four legged beautiful creature (I use this term in the best possible sense) like no other???

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #103
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

absurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputationabsurdfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default my whippet

I'd post a pic of her here but am not sure how to go about it. She is indeed a femme- a high femme at that! She out does even me in that dept. She won't get out of BED w/o her eye-liner, lol. She's very prissy and high-maintenance, also unlike me. She hates to get her feet wet, while I don't mind splashing about in the rain.
She's passed out in my lap snoozing as I write this. Her full name is Hermione Miners for short, but everyone knows her as Miss P (for Miss Priss). She has her own following on my fb page. friends who are there just to see pics of her and get news of her doings. She's quite a dog, lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #104
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'd post a pic of her here but am not sure how to go about it. She is indeed a femme- a high femme at that! She out does even me in that dept. She won't get out of BED w/o her eye-liner, lol. She's very prissy and high-maintenance, also unlike me. She hates to get her feet wet, while I don't mind splashing about in the rain.
She's passed out in my lap snoozing as I write this. Her full name is Hermione Miners for short, but everyone knows her as Miss P (for Miss Priss). She has her own following on my fb page. friends who are there just to see pics of her and get news of her doings. She's quite a dog, lol.
Well I've had whippets for over 20 yrs now. My current is an almost 12 year old female who has never been high maintenance.. I'm lucky if she wants to have anything to do with me most days.. well she does expect me to feed her 24 seven. My other pup is a whippet mix. I have a pic of them in the gallery here.

This saturday, I am going to be picking up my newest, a 4 month old male, his name right now is prince william and he literally lives in a castle. He is about to get the shock of his life when he comes to live with mere peasants. I'm sure he will adjust with a name change and he will forget all about that royalty business.

It's nice to meet a fellow whippet lover. I am forever enslaved to them by choice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #105
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Question Great to meet a fellow slave :)

So good to meet a fellow slave! They do have a way of twisting you around their little paws, don't they? I had no intention of getting a dog. Then I lived with a friend for awhile while I was recuperating from an illness and she had a whippet. Soon I was scouring the area for a whippet of my own. We drove to another state to get this one (a 8 hr drive each way) but she has been the best companion I could imagine. Only whippets for me now!
shall we become friends, then? we can trade stories!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #106
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
So good to meet a fellow slave! They do have a way of twisting you around their little paws, don't they? I had no intention of getting a dog. Then I lived with a friend for awhile while I was recuperating from an illness and she had a whippet. Soon I was scouring the area for a whippet of my own. We drove to another state to get this one (a 8 hr drive each way) but she has been the best companion I could imagine. Only whippets for me now!
shall we become friends, then? we can trade stories!
I worked in a vet many moons ago and the vet had a whippet.. instant love for me.. first one I got here in OK so very close. My second was in WA state so had her flown here, the third, my girl now as in Arkansas, so a four hour drive, the whippet mix was 8 hours away, he was supposed to be full blooded.. was meant to be though.. and now my newest guy.. four hours away. Worth every bit of travel I say.

I'd be honored to be your friend!

The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #107
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default Ok???

Miss P came from MI but spent her little puppyhood in Ok in between Ardmore and Norman. She liked being on the farm where she could run and misses her whippet Aunt Tina dreadfully. I missed the mountains, though, so had to come back home eventually.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #108
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know Sleepy was all excited about your whippet, but I am more excited by your occupation... what does a tea consultant do? It sounds very interesting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #109
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
hail and hello there absurdfemme....I originally hail from the foothills of the Blue Ridges in SC...so I DO know your love for those majestic Blue Mountains!!
Welcome back to the site. I am owned and operated by a dachshund, Heidi! I love whippets, BUT haven't ever owned one. I admire sleepy's here in the Gallery..lol
Stop by and say hi my fellow mountaineer...:0...Clay
Old 01-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #110
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Miss P came from MI but spent her little puppyhood in Ok in between Ardmore and Norman. She liked being on the farm where she could run and misses her whippet Aunt Tina dreadfully. I missed the mountains, though, so had to come back home eventually.
Miss P was in OK??? Well I'll be darned. We don't have any mountains as you know.. just really small hills.. and I mean small.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #111
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default tea consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
I know Sleepy was all excited about your whippet, but I am more excited by your occupation... what does a tea consultant do? It sounds very interesting.
I help people decide what tea to drink. I recently helped a person decide on a tea to give a coffee drinker and a company what tea to serve after a dinner with fish entree. I did a tea tasting last week comparing two teas from the same farm in Simao, Yunnan, China. I was very excited about the last one. Way cool.
My motto: have gongfu set, will travel! lol
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #112
bbgirl

How Do You Identify?:
She

bbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Newbie

My apologies ahead of time for being severely quiet. That's just my nature. I have been navigating BfP for a few days, in what little spare time I have and love it here!! Never knew a thing like this existed, but OMG wish I had alot sooner! I identify as a femme/sometimes baby girl, but don't ming working hard, and getting dirty. I do love being the girl though : and am petty sure Hy does too. I love to fish. Yes I bait my own hook and everything. Where I live, in Indiana, it seems like there is no such thing as a Butch/Femme hang out, meet ups, pick up, take out, or any other existence of the dynamic. Glad to be here!
bbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bbgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #113
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgirl View Post
My apologies ahead of time for being severely quiet. That's just my nature. I have been navigating BfP for a few days, in what little spare time I have and love it here!! Never knew a thing like this existed, but OMG wish I had alot sooner! I identify as a femme/sometimes baby girl, but don't ming working hard, and getting dirty. I do love being the girl though : and am petty sure Hy does too. I love to fish. Yes I bait my own hook and everything. Where I live, in Indiana, it seems like there is no such thing as a Butch/Femme hang out, meet ups, pick up, take out, or any other existence of the dynamic. Glad to be here!
Welcome to the planet bbgirl!! We are glad you finally found us. A lot of us are in places that have no B/f community but trust me this is the right place to come for that. So Welcome and enjoy yourself!! You should have your Hy come on as well if Hy has not already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #114
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
hail and hello there absurdfemme....I originally hail from the foothills of the Blue Ridges in SC...so I DO know your love for those majestic Blue Mountains!!
Welcome back to the site. I am owned and operated by a dachshund, Heidi! I love whippets, BUT haven't ever owned one. I admire sleepy's here in the Gallery..lol
Stop by and say hi my fellow mountaineer...:0...Clay
Hello there! Thank you for the welcome! I don't think you can ever get these mountains out of your blood....
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #115
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default The Arbuckles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
Miss P was in OK??? Well I'll be darned. We don't have any mountains as you know.. just really small hills.. and I mean small.
Are you referring to the mighty Arbuckles? *grin, with a hint of a snicker* I used to eat at a now defunct restaurant there when I went to Ardmore.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #116
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hello there! Thank you for the welcome! I don't think you can ever get these mountains out of your blood....
hi....you are most welcome. You are exactly right about that. I LOVE my Blue Ridge Mtns. and the Applachian Trail...it is incredible....
Old 01-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #117
bbgirl

How Do You Identify?:
She

bbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputationbbgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for the welcome Sleepybutch! :-)) I have showed Hym, and she reads interesting threads I point out, but does not seem as interested as I am. Who knows maybe one day...
bbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bbgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #118
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default The Creeper Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

hi....you are most welcome. You are exactly right about that. I LOVE my Blue Ridge Mtns. and the Applachian Trail...it is incredible....
The Virginia Creeper Trail is almost a stone's throw from my door. It runs through Damascus up Whitetop parallel to the Appalachian Trail. It's very well maintained and a gorgeous trail to use. People in town use it to get around town a bit, but you have to beware cyclists, lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #119
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Are you referring to the mighty Arbuckles? *grin, with a hint of a snicker* I used to eat at a now defunct restaurant there when I went to Ardmore.
Yesssssssssss! A lot of things are defunct there even if they are still open... lol

The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #120
absurdfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default Sounds like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
Yesssssssssss! A lot of things are defunct there even if they are still open... lol
That sounds like most of Oklahoma!