Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do you have a unique pet? Out of the norm?

While reading another thread the thought occurred to me.."I wonder who else has pets that aren't the norm"? I would love to hear stories about your pets. Funny things they do. Reasons why you love them or admire them. Frustrations to. Odd actions that make you shake your head. lol

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure if this counts......I used to have 3 Iguanas (1 male, 2 females) a few years ago. I was asked to foster them when a young lad could no longer look after them - I fell in love and adopted them.

Hank (male) was very protective over HIS ladies - I'm not just talking about the 2 females; I also mean Me, my late Daughter and Cat. Hank didn't like being held too much, yet, he loved to lay on the back of the Sofa and rest his chin on my shoulder. He also liked to eat Bananas, but, only if you hand fed them to him, lol!

Jess, the younger female loved to sleep curled up behind the cushions on the Sofa - before sitting down it was always best to check behind the cushions in case she got sat on, lol!

Lilli was the dominant female and thought she was a dog! She loved to go 'walkies' on a lead, lol!

I'd love to have more Lizards, but, with 5 cats (3 half Maine Coon) thy would be nervous wrecks within a week! LOL!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sadly, I no longer have the pets I had. Just 4 dogs now and one day... No animals at all.

16 Foot Mathilda - Python who mistook my hair for a bunny rabbit. She just got too big for me to handle or feed.

I bred and raised: Uromastyx, Bearded Dragons, Water Dragons, Leopard Ghekos, African Underwater Frogs, Whites Tree Frogs and a number of other little creatures who truly warmed my soul.

Though, while they are not odd -- I bred and raised Show Rats. They were my absolute beloved favorites.

That is all!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well.

I think most folks here know about my three White's Tree Frogs, Myra, Ivan and Tootsie.

They got game.

~Theo~
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I no longer have Show Rats

Their life cycle while precious is too short and the loss too painful for me to handle anymore.

I think I could handle an Iguana if I got one as a baby and hand raised it. It would be interesting to see it skitter at the kittehs.

If I could access my old drive I'd share my Rat Babies with you all. They were Blue grey and just like kittehs. They had no idea they were not kittehs and played all day with them until it was time to put them up for the nite....

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post
I no longer have Show Rats

Their life cycle while precious is too short and the loss too painful for me to handle anymore.

I think I could handle an Iguana if I got one as a baby and hand raised it. It would be interesting to see it skitter at the kittehs.

If I could access my old drive I'd share my Rat Babies with you all. They were Blue grey and just like kittehs. They had no idea they were not kittehs and played all day with them until it was time to put them up for the nite....
OMG - I had Russian Blue's and Siamese Rats -- My Russian Blue male was a curly and my stud - Spunky. He lived to be 6 years old. BUT, I also brought him to the St. Francis Friars every time he got a cold. I swear it worked and kept him with me longer. He slept in bed with me. I got him on my schedule. It was so sad when he died. I have him in my bedroom (ashes). Awwwwwwwww

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if this counts , he's not really mine. But really think he wants to be. He belongs to my neighbor, cutest little dog ever. He slips under the fence and visits me daily. He now knows the sound of my truck and my garage door. If he hears them he comes running. He is so sweet I think I love that little guy. He is my constant project buddy. Spends entire days helping me paint, wax my truck, when I mow he walks right behind the whole time. Unless a grasshopper or bullfrog distracts him. I usually eat breakfast on the patio, and he comes over for his morning snack. He never wonders away, he always goes straight home and back to my yard if he hears me outside. Kind of unique huh ? I call mr freeloader.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh boy, I could write a book on the pets we have had. I love them all and can't imagine life without at least a couple of animals running around my abode.

We have had ferrets for the past 4 years and I never knew what amazingly fun pets they could be. Our sweet boy Murphey died of cancer a little over a year ago but we still have his girlfriend, Hershey. She is just a bundle of love. She has the run of the house for at least 4-6 hours each day and now that it's getting chilly we never know what cozy spot we'll find her in.

Most recently we adopted two male rats. My oldest has been wanting a pair for a while now, so as a reward for making positive choices in her life, we adopted two...and they are, um, interesting! One is a dumbo ear and the other is a fancy. They get a little crazy and make pretty big messes, but they sure are friendly!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I think that I have had just about every kind of animal pass through my home at one time or another. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, and people would just dump the smaller animals and reptiles in tanks outside the door. Sigh...I will never understand people and this attitude that living beings can just be tossed away! Anyway, I've had rats (LOVE them!), mice, hamsters, gerbils, a guinea pig, parakeets, snakes, turtles, frogs, a hedgehog, and an iguana. For several years now though, I've only had the "regular" pets....my dogs, and my sphynx cat (although I guess he can be counted as pretty unusual ). Two days ago, I adopted two older sphynx boys that were rescued from a horrible abuse/neglect situation....so now I have the bald feline three musketeers. I suppose my only odd animals from here on out will be of the hairless cat variety.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I have a ferret named Smokey. Since they are illegal in California, he is unique here!! I also have a deaf Aussie shepherd named Kelpie. He knows sign language :-D
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I do not have pets now (apartment life). But when I was younger, I had a squirrel. A neighbor's cat killed a mama squirrel that was in our yard. My dad tried to get the cat away from the squirrel before the death but was too late. He did manage to save the baby that was with the mama. So, we raised a squirrel until it was old enough to survive then released it on my grandmother's land. It was a fun pet but OMG, that bite HURT!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
msW8ing

How Do You Identify?:
multi-faceted gem, femme, submissive babygirl if the chemistry is there.
Preferred Pronoun?:
lady
Relationship Status:
working on myself

Thanked 2,498 Times in 655 Posts
msW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST ReputationmsW8ing Has the BEST Reputation

Loving all the stories. Thank you all so much.

A lady who knows the ropes..will never be bound. ~Mae West
msW8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to msW8ing For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I currently have two rats only one of them is ill.

Each time a rat dies I swear no more, but I always forget
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #14
blackboot

How Do You Identify?:
TransgenderMasculineQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
H with a y
Relationship Status:
fluxing the solder.

1 Highscore

blackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputation

I've had aquatic frogs that I think are great stress relievers. I had a ceramic little castle in their tank and everytime they'd peek out a window from inside it--I'd laugh. I've loved many rats and think they are wonderful pets. My favorite male would play fetch and hide n seek. I also had a Double Yellow Head Amazon parrot who lived until her early forties. She was my baby. Last but not least, I've also had the joy of one Toy and three Standard Poodles in my life. I included them because Poodles are not really dogs, but are people disguised in curly-hair suits.
blackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blackboot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Apollo

My German Shepherd, Apollo, all 104 pounds of him, sounds so vicious when he barks, but I tell you he's afraid of his own shadow! I can take him out in the yard and he won't leave the grassy area because he's too afraid. While my other dogs love to get in the truck and go, Apollo will get in but then it's like pulling teeth to get him out at any place other than home. So much for Pet Smart!

Now the funny part: Apollo can see and chases a beam of light on the floor, like a cat! He'll follow and chase that stupid light as long as you move it. When you stop moving the light, he'll pounce on it like a cat and start digging at it. I swear he could dig a hole to China! He even knows the word "light" and begins to look for it if we say it. I think my dog is a little off his rocker what do you think?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I inherited my late girlfriend's disabled Maine Coon cat. He probably didn't get enough oxygen in the womb and was born with three feet, a slight head weave, and very slow reaction time. He moves more like a clumsy puppy. It took him a while to learn how to go in and out the back door into the fenced-in backyard, but he's mastered it fully now. If he were a child he would certainly be in special ed.

Bacchus is the sweetest, most good natured, affectionate cat I've ever known. He has no idea what claws or teeth are for. Caren found him on the street when he was far too young to be separated from his mother. She named him Bacchus because she was so happy that he survived.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #17
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know about Unique but as a kid I always had pets, hamsters, bunnies, lots and lots of cats and my dog Oreo that lived to be 19.
About 7 years ago I had two Ferrets, chance was a cinnamon and Luna was a sable, Luna was blind and deaf but got along just fine for 3 years and then she got sick and passed, shortly after she passed Chance did, he missed his friend and died of a broken heart i'm sure.
Over the recent years I've had a few rats and a mouse that actually lived to be 5!
I have a 9 and a half year old Golden Retriever and a 3 year old Puggle now
The Following User Says Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #18
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

My Jasper a standard dachshund watches TV and barks at any animal he sees on the screen. I can't even watch horse racing without him bouncing around on the floor barking wanting to play with the horses on the TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We have two ratties! Ginny and Allie. That is Allie on my profile picture. They are the sweetest girls ever! I never would have considered ratties as pets but my daughter's class had a litter and we took home Ginny and then got Allie as her buddy. Allie would have been snake food. Ginny gets the sniffles too but we have never taken her to the Friars. They run around the house and are so naughty and hilarious. Greyson is the best Rat Daddy around!
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Currently, our only slightly odd pet is Gytha, our tangerine phase bearded dragon. I love watching her hunt her crickets and roaches.

We've had rats before, but after losing the last one I just can't do it anymore. Their lives are too short and their deaths quite often too ugly. When I was a kid, we had all sorts of rodents. Hamsters, gerbils, mice, sometimes dozens at a time. We had a few litters but never gave any of them up. Just built more cages. At one point when I was in my early teens we had 35 rodents of various varieties in 13 cages.