Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Communication, Friendship, Getting To Know One Another

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
i Love this thread!! thank you stone4play for starting it!

i seem to always have reoccuring dreams of food (emotionally deprived), water (emotions) and time of day and weather inclusive.

lately, i've been having dreams of someone who is interested in me, i don't know who this person is, but they provide me with basic needs of emotional & physical attention, compassion, and stability.
when i wake up, i start thinking... who is this person? or what is my alter ID telling me??

at times i will have family dreams... i figure this is about my past coming up and how i am coping with reality of the daily nitty gritty??

or am i way off??

any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
Glad you like the thread Tazz. Like I said in a previous post, not always are the people in your dreams the focal point. Think of what it is that is happening or what you are feeling, the overall feel of the dream... People/family are often catalysts, a familiar face that makes the meaning/message easier to accept or understand.

The interested person, I kind of have to agree that it could very well be you personified. You don't see the face because should it be you, and you see your face, that is astral travel/out of body experience. Glad to see it's a comforting pleasant experience.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I'm almost certain that there is a similar thread already somewhere on the forum regarding this topic as I can recall contributing to it. Notwithstanding, it's an interesting subject for me, not so much in terms of actual interpretation of dreams but, rather, what they say about our psyche and also linked to my own sleep paralysis.

For me, right from when I was a young child, my "dreams" have tended to be nightmares (usually unsettling and sometimes terrifying), rather than dreams in any sort of comforting or positive sense.

Recurring dreams I have include where I see a plane or sometimes multiple planes in the sky and, for some reason I'm usually standing on a bridge. The plane is gliding through the sky and then it, or one-by-one in the case of multiple planes, it / they fall from the sky and crash.

I also regularly have dreams about water - usually where I'm on a beach (a specific beach that I visited regularly as a child) and running away from a massive tidal wave / tsunami. There are other recurring dreams but won't go into them all.

Recently, however, I had a rather strange experience that blurred dreams and reality. I had a very vivid dream of walking through the backstreets of a foreign city late at night and being called over by an old woman who asked to tell my fortune. Being sceptical (I would / am very sceptical of this sort of stuff in real life), I declined but then she called me by my name and her face changed from that of an old woman to that of a beautiful, younger woman.

It was a strange dream - one of those that I pondered for a day or so. Then, ironically, a few days later in real life I was walking through the streets of London when a man approached me at random, saying that I had strong eyes and he could read my fortune by looking at them longer. Bizarre and no doubt a scam of some sort but the first time anything like that had even happened to me. Furthermore, no doubt a coincidence that I'd had a dream about a similar subject matter a few days beforehand but, either way, all slightly strange.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #23
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
I'm almost certain that there is a similar thread already somewhere on the forum regarding this topic as I can recall contributing to it. Notwithstanding, it's an interesting subject for me, not so much in terms of actual interpretation of dreams but, rather, what they say about our psyche and also linked to my own sleep paralysis.

For me, right from when I was a young child, my "dreams" have tended to be nightmares (usually unsettling and sometimes terrifying), rather than dreams in any sort of comforting or positive sense.

Recurring dreams I have include where I see a plane or sometimes multiple planes in the sky and, for some reason I'm usually standing on a bridge. The plane is gliding through the sky and then it, or one-by-one in the case of multiple planes, it / they fall from the sky and crash.

I also regularly have dreams about water - usually where I'm on a beach (a specific beach that I visited regularly as a child) and running away from a massive tidal wave / tsunami. There are other recurring dreams but won't go into them all.

Recently, however, I had a rather strange experience that blurred dreams and reality. I had a very vivid dream of walking through the backstreets of a foreign city late at night and being called over by an old woman who asked to tell my fortune. Being sceptical (I would / am very sceptical of this sort of stuff in real life), I declined but then she called me by my name and her face changed from that of an old woman to that of a beautiful, younger woman.

It was a strange dream - one of those that I pondered for a day or so. Then, ironically, a few days later in real life I was walking through the streets of London when a man approached me at random, saying that I had strong eyes and he could read my fortune by looking at them longer. Bizarre and no doubt a scam of some sort but the first time anything like that had even happened to me. Furthermore, no doubt a coincidence that I'd had a dream about a similar subject matter a few days beforehand but, either way, all slightly strange.
Your dreams sound interesting but I can respect your thoughts of not actually getting into dreams for the interpretation factor. Many are skeptical about the fortune tellers and whatnot, I am too when they emphasize telling fortunes. I just tinker with interpretations and readings as a pastime, not for money, not for scam. That you had the dream and later had a very similar experience in realtime always draws in my attention... Thanks for the share.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #24
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Oy this morning before the alarm sounded I had a crappy bad dream. I had met some people in some random place (none of which is actually the focal point to this dream) and invited them to my apartment (not a familiar apartment to me). The landlady had left letters on all the tenants doors asking that noise level stay low because of repeated requests. The people I had brought home to party further with, were not quiet. In fact when I mentioned they keep things down they got louder. I am a stickler for rules and it bothered me that they had not paid attention and respected my request to quiet down. I asked them to leave and they had issue with that. They left but one guy came back to try to argue his case. He made attempts to take advantage of me and I ended up having to fight for my safety/life. I smashed is face into the wall and then continued to beat the crap out of him. As always taught, I called to ask for police and ambulance services. The guy wound up dying from excessive force. The apartment was trashed from the violent exhange... and I wound up getting evicted. So, technically I was made to move out either way. Ugh.

I haven't had time to work on interpreting this one yet... I just wanted to put it out there so I wouldn't forget the details (of which I haven't totally shared because of the graphic content). I'll get back to it later....
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #25
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I dreamt of my ex wife last night who has schizophrenia. I have'nt seen for 1.5 years, and in my dream she was secretly living in a high rise apartment building with a shopping mall underneath it supporting herself by pan handling and eating from garbage cans. She finially was discovered and in the process of being thrown out when I woke up. I guess this dream means that I have been worried about her, and wondering whether or nor she is still lost and homeless.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #26
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
i seem to always have reoccuring dreams of food (emotionally deprived), water (emotions) and time of day and weather inclusive.

lately, i've been having dreams of someone who is interested in me, i don't know who this person is, but they provide me with basic needs of emotional & physical attention, compassion, and stability.
when i wake up, i start thinking... who is this person? or what is my alter ID telling me??

Maybe the person in the dream who is interested in you is the part of yourself that is your resevoir of self-love.

That resevoir is agitated now, perhaps in conflict with the part of yourself that is self-hating.

Or perhaps it has been triggered by something positive that is affirming, something external in your life.

Good I think, whatever it is!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #27
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:
call me crazy working on me!

Thanked 1,334 Times in 367 Posts
CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

As far back as I can remeber which is about 7 I have had horrible terrifying dreams,

The main one is a very recurant dream where I am at the beach, usually with a family member or members, most times either my grandparents (who both passed years ago) or my mom, one minute we are sitting at the beach, the next huge massive waves come running after us and we cant escape,like a tsunami,but ive never ever experienced a tsunami nor have I ever had a bad experience at the beach, all the sand gets wipped away and we are wiped out into the waves,I always see their dead bodies floating and that of others(strangers) but I am alive under water swimming, its like I cant die, and the same song plays every time I have the dream Sara Mclaughlin Arms of an Angel, I usually wake up scared that I actually lost the person(s) in the dream.

I have nightmares most nights, so i find it easier to just not sleep for many hours which definatly wears on the body but I am used to it by now, I had counceling when I was younger from age 7-18 and they never did figure out why or stop or help the nightmares,they vary but a lot of them end up with me being killed, or chased,or more recently the woman I was in love with kept dying , either in a plane crash or she was being shot and raped and tortured, she however left me, but when she was around the nightmares werent as bad, I guess I felt safe, or I usually feel safe when I have a partner I trust in the bed with me, they dont occur as often as usual,

Anyway sorry for going on so much
CharmingButch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CharmingButch25 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had a dream last night that my coworker told me I had a "spastic uterus". Googled it this morning, and apparently it actually exists.

I'm scratching my head today on this one.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #29
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
I had a dream last night that my coworker told me I had a "spastic uterus". Googled it this morning, and apparently it actually exists.

I'm scratching my head today on this one.

Hmmm ... the uterus is like the center of the house. Sanctuary. The kind of sanctuary we carry around within us, can always retreat to. But your sanctuary is spastic, meaning, not within your control, and not being there for you.

I wonder if you are feeling like some part of yourself that you thought you could always count on, has become unreliable. Not trustworthy. Like a skill you've always had, that is failing you.

Or maybe it's not failing you, it's changing. Spasms are like labor pains, or an orgasm. An eruption, a rumbling deep in the earth. Who knows what will emerge?

And then there's the co-worker. She's the part of you that can be outside your self, evaluating things. She's the part of you that is telling the rest of you, Pay attention. Something is going to be different.

And maybe in a good way.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #30
Vivacious1

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken

3 Highscores

Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation

This is a cool thread because I often wonder what my dreams mean. I have heard things over time and it seems as if there are alot of ideas that vary. When I do have dreams they usually involve different people in my past that I had struggles with or alot of emotional intensity with. I wake up feeling tense usually. The other dreams I have are usually of physical altercations with me usually using excess force or violence to get them to leave me alone. I really have no idea what that means, seeing that I am not a violent person.... is a little disturbing. What I do notice is that I only dream when I have alot of stress in my life.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #31
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingButch25 View Post
As far back as I can remeber which is about 7 I have had horrible terrifying dreams,

The main one is a very recurant dream where I am at the beach, usually with a family member or members, most times either my grandparents (who both passed years ago) or my mom, one minute we are sitting at the beach, the next huge massive waves come running after us and we cant escape,like a tsunami,but ive never ever experienced a tsunami nor have I ever had a bad experience at the beach, all the sand gets wipped away and we are wiped out into the waves,I always see their dead bodies floating and that of others(strangers) but I am alive under water swimming, its like I cant die, and the same song plays every time I have the dream Sara Mclaughlin Arms of an Angel, I usually wake up scared that I actually lost the person(s) in the dream.

I have nightmares most nights, so i find it easier to just not sleep for many hours which definatly wears on the body but I am used to it by now, I had counceling when I was younger from age 7-18 and they never did figure out why or stop or help the nightmares,they vary but a lot of them end up with me being killed, or chased,or more recently the woman I was in love with kept dying , either in a plane crash or she was being shot and raped and tortured, she however left me, but when she was around the nightmares werent as bad, I guess I felt safe, or I usually feel safe when I have a partner I trust in the bed with me, they dont occur as often as usual,

Anyway sorry for going on so much
So this entry took me some time to come back to... on several attempts. The one about the beach drew in much of my interest. It reminded me of a quote I once heard from Bruce Lee - "Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." The idea that the waves in your dream are huge and massive gives me a feel that there is something in your life that is deep seeded and overwhelming... it floods you. I get that because you seem to be the only one alive and underwater swimming. Almost like you're trapped. Not able to surface? The song you hear, again to me, is a way of an attempted comfort, to let you feel that you are being watched over and safe. I'm getting that it's not so much a death of the others but something you need to bring to life from within yourself.

It is often said that when one dreams of death, it usually represents life/birth. This can also mean life and birth of self... newness from within.

Last edited by jac; 09-19-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #32
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb I have a question for Stone4play or anyone else who may be able to share some insight..

What do you think it means when you dream about viewing something as an outsider...but simultaneously experiencing it as if it's happening to you personally and physically?

~Thank you.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
CharmingButch25
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
As just me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy,Hym,
Relationship Status:
call me crazy working on me!

Thanked 1,334 Times in 367 Posts
CharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST ReputationCharmingButch25 Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you stone, all my life I've struggled with my family, at times its extremely overwhelming, they are awful, would that have anything to do with it do you think?
CharmingButch25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #34
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
What do you think it means when you dream about viewing something as an outsider...but simultaneously experiencing it as if it's happening to you personally and physically?

~Thank you.
A lucid dream is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming while the dream is in progress. This is a very cool experience. Is this what you experience? You sometimes will be able to change the direction the dream is going before you wake up...
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
A lucid dream is a dream in which you are aware you are dreaming while the dream is in progress. This is a very cool experience. Are you experiencing this? You sometimes will be able to change the direction the dream is going before you wake up...

Hello Glenn,
Yes, this happened last night in a dream...and the strange thing is, is that it started out *very* frightening...and then began to change into..something enjoyable...?
Weird. This is the first time I've experienced this. Do you think that it was possible that I could have changed the outcome of the dream, while I was actually dreaming it?

Thank you for your input.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #36
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingButch25 View Post
Thank you stone, all my life I've struggled with my family, at times its extremely overwhelming, they are awful, would that have anything to do with it do you think?
Absolutely. Sounds like you need to come to the surface and breathe in the fresh air. Let the waves carry your worries away... them.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #37
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Quote:
Hello Glenn,
Yes, this happened last night in a dream...and the strange thing is, is that it started out *very* frightening...and then began to change into..something enjoyable...?
Weird. This is the first time I've experienced this. Do you think that it was possible that I could have changed the outcome of the dream, while I was actually dreaming it?

Thank you for your input.
When you have a lucid dream, you have the power to see and create anything you want. You are the goddess of your dream universe. Some dreams come from beyond our own minds and these are called superconscious dreams. But most dreams are our own creations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #38
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:

~Thank you.
I've had this feeling before. I'm not sure what exactly it is but it's almsot like an out of body experience, like you're looking through your eyes but also looking at yourself... crazy stuff for sure
Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
When you have a lucid dream, you have the power to see and create anything you want. You are the goddess of your dream universe. Some dreams come from beyond our own minds and these are called superconscious dreams. But most dreams are our own creations.
Personally I have never had this experience... Just like I have never been able to go back to a dream and continue where it left off but I have known people to be able to do that too.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #40
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Personally I have never had this experience... Just like I have never been able to go back to a dream and continue where it left off but I have known people to be able to do that too.
Remember when you had that flying dream? You were flying through your own astral universe. Or maybe it was a real out of body experience?