Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Where is your slice of heaven?

I was sitting on the beach reading today. As usual my mind started wandering and I was very aware of no matter what is going on in my life, no matter what my mood, no matter what is on my mind......the ocean is where I go.

Here, I find peace in the waves, enjoy the warmth from the sun, experience joy in watching and feeding my pals the seagulls (these notorious savengers will eat anything but fruit loops), awaken the child in me in finding treasures in the sand, and find the answers to anything I am struggling with, just popping into my head.

It is the place where I feel one with nature and the place I can always feel and hear God.

Where do you go?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Same with me, Kobi. I grew up in Southern California as a real surfer 'baby' and the beach was my most favorite place to be. I loved diving in to the waves, sitting in the sun and digging my toes in to the hot sand while I was looking way out to the endless horizon. I found the sound of the waves most comforting and enjoyed the fresh salty breeze. I love the ocean, the beach. Always have, always will...oh..how I miss it!

Kat

ps: never liked the seagulls that much though..they always tried to pick at my crackers..lol...
Old 04-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,263 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Where do you go?
Submission.

Definitely the most peaceful place on earth.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Silence.... Difficult to arrange, but where I need to be when the static mounts. Taking off on a secluded walk/hike or camping is my usual trek to being able to not talk myself and be clear of many human voice intrusions. LOL.. I have even gone into a few days of seclusion in monastic life institutions for this (without any particular religious meaning attached)!

Just how I clear my own clutter ......
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

In the late spring/summer:
Sitting in a beach chair on the beach about 4pm to 4:30pm just as the sun is setting. I find it so refreshing. Perfect time.

In the fall:
Outside in a garden...alone.

In the winter:
When it's snowing, I find it defining. Love it!
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Heart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
rainbows!

Thanked 2,533 Times in 412 Posts
Heart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST ReputationHeart Has the BEST Reputation

The thing about heaven, is you have to be able to get there. If only I could live on the Cape year-round. Coney Island doesn't quite cut it, though it has its own charms.

A seagull once snatched the hot dog out of the bun my son had in his mouth.

I think my current heaven is in a little cafe near my house that has free Wi-fi, is always quiet, and has the best coffee around.
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heart For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my Bicycle

One particular slice of heaven for me is on my bicycle.When everything else slips away,but being inside the beating of my own heart,as it labors mightily to get me to the top of a hill,or trying to seperate the racing of the wind,with the pounding of my heart,when I am tucked in,and tearing down the hill at 35-40 mph,with nothing between me and a bad case of road rash,but instinct,reflexes and a bit of intestinal fortitude.That for me,is where only existing ends and true living starts. Shad
Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Heaven is when I am singing or playing my drum. When I enter trance and remember there is no veil between spirit and myself.

Spiritual Healings are very peaceful and beautiful. When I see or feel my patient release, that is a step closer to heaven.

When I see a spirit depart - whether clearing a house or during depossession, the deep peace that gives me is indescribable. The bliss can last for hours after.

Barring that & I am at work - a really good strong make my heart pound cup of coffee... mmmmmm

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
Ldyluck88

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
not here

Ldyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to beholdLdyluck88 is a splendid one to behold

No matter how awesome the view, how spectacular the surroundings, I have discovered that "heaven" lies within myself. Not to be condecending or anything, but I do not have the capabilities to go to see one of these awesome sights of mother nature everyday, so I tend to close my eyes, and visualize all the concepts of "heaven". I guess to me, heaven is not what I see, but what it makes me feel inside. Just my
Ldyluck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ldyluck88 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #10
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting reading about everyone's peaceful places whether it's an outside stimulus that triggers an internal peace or vice versa.
My peaceful place is within but there are times when it helps to have peaceful surroundings to help trigger a heightened sense of peace, calm, etc.. for me it's the mountains or being outside in nature away from computers, phones, etc.. it lets me know what is really important and what really matters and that is so incredibly humbling it brings me down to reality.. that is 'peaceful'.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #11
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Here:
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

It's always been riding my motorcycles... preferably on rural roads through woods and valleys, meadowlands... hitting hot and cold pockets... cutting through small towns... that's my slice...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

The beach. Listening to and watching the water, just melts my troubles away. The mountains run a close second.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

lucky's pizza (slice of deep dish heaven!)

north park (san diego), ca
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

I've always been partial to the Smokey Mountains, and Cades Cove in particular. Something draws me there and I really can't pinpoint what, but it is a place that I find peaceful and restful. I love it there.

I like the mountains in general, but the Smokies have always topped the list.

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

No place like home, right here on Peaceful Ridge is my slice of heaven most of the time. But I'm right there with Oiler, I love my Smokey Mountains. I haven't lost much at the beach but I will go there in the off seasons.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I guess it changes from time to time. During my work week, I love the drive I do twice a week from Albany to the edge of the Berkshires. Highways and roads have distinct characters. That particular ride is so peaceful and relaxing to me.

If I could be anywhere, it would be sitting in a comfortable chair on my (still to be constructed) screened-in porch. My backyard is a private, dense, green space that smells and sounds like the deep woods.

I strive to make my life relaxing enough that I don't need a vacation in order to find peace.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Horses. Breathing in their scent. Feeling the thickness of their manes. Offering them treats and being lipped by their almost prehensile upper lip asking and looking for more. Grooming them. Shedding away the loose hair and expecting more to be on me than on them after I am done. Petting the space between their eyes and knowing they cannot see it..only feel it. Their eyes work on the sides, not in front. They are prey animals and need side vision more than they need front vision. Knowing they trust me to lay my hands where they cannot see. Listening ...as they eat the grain I drop into their feeder. Finding solace in the simple quiet contented noises of them enjoying what I provide for them. Loving how they drink...quietly dipping their lips in the water and watching their throat latch swallow as they drink...then as they rise their head out of the bucket, leftover water drains from them...and their eyes get heavy with satiation....

Horses...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #19
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great thread

For me, heaven is many things, constantly changing...but the thing that remains the same is the deep sense of peace and timelessness I feel inside. Here are some examples, some general and some very specific, of my slices of heaven....

Seagull Point, the stretch of Lake Huron beach where I grew up.

The streets of Bruges in Belgium, where I had easily the most romantic experience with another person I have ever had.

Any visit to Snowbound Books in Marquette, Michigan.

The French Quarter.

Between the creamy thighs of a beautiful woman.

Over a cup of coffee or similar hot beverage with a person of amazing soul.

A hike along Rainbow Falls Gorge near Bessemer, Michigan.

A strip of beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Thompson's Harbor State Park in northern Michigan with warblers dripping from the trees on a mid-May morning.

A hike in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore area of Michigan's Upper Peninsula, with its remnant boreal forests.

A great meal at Second Empire in Raleigh, NC; or Della Notte in Baltimore, MD; Cascadia in Seattle (now closed) or the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth, MI; or the best chicken salad wrap ever at Dish in Traverse City, MI; shrimp and grits at NoFo or the Flying Biscuit in Raleigh; or great deli at The Bagel in Chicago.

Any art museum, anywhere.

A night game at Comerica Park in Detroit.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #20
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Like Blade and Oiler, I adore the Great Smoky Mountains - Maggie Valley and Cataloochee Valley in particular.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: