Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: Convertibles ?
Yes Please 70 46.98%
No way 23 15.44%
The car aint the only thing that likes to go topless ! 16 10.74%
FLASH (o)(o) 9 6.04%
Ive rented one 9 6.04%
Never thought about it but might be fun ! 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #41
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv View Post
I was wondering how many convertible owners/lover's we have and what do you have ? Also do u hand wash or take it someplace..and what kinda treatment do you use on the top ? Safety ? Do you have a roll bar or something else ? I have a 2006 Silver Mustang Convertible ;-)
The only car I ever bought myself i.e not a company car or given to me by my dad was an MG softtop. It was midnight blue outside and had cream leather seats inside. I'm not a car person but I liked that car. I had to sell it when I had a baby because it only had 2 seats. You could feel every bump on the road so it was like rattling along on a really fast fairground ride. Loved it.

I recently bought a VW Golf soft top because it has the most room to seat children in the back and is safe and solid with a roll bar. It drinks petrol and is just too masculine, not like my dinky MG - so I'm selling it.

Errm treatment, hand wash what's that? lol. I run it through the car wash now and again and we get plenty of rain in the UK anyway :-)

I will always buy convertibles. Don't ask me why cos they're not very practical. I like the fresh air and the open sky when I'm driving, even if it's only once in a blue moon that the weather is warm enough here.

I noticed that bikers nod at me in my soft top as they ride past. I wonder if that is an international thing.

p xo

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #42
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Bikers do that in the US too. I guess if ya dont have a bike its the next best thing to havin one
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i miss my Sally sometimes.

Not in winter in Canada, mind you, but sometimes.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #44
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i miss my Sally sometimes.
LOL, your picture brought back memories of High school days and speed shifting my mom's husbands Mustang, racing a friend...
I left parts of the transmission for miles.
Grounded for life...I'm still in my room
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #45
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
LOL, your picture brought back memories of High school days and speed shifting my mom's husbands Mustang, racing a friend...
I left parts of the transmission for miles.
Grounded for life...I'm still in my room

yes you would be if you were mine!

It was SO fine. *Cruise o matic* automatic transmission.

My favorite part was the seat adjuster. To move the back part of the seat forward or back you bent it forward and unscrewed or screwed the screw in at the bottom for comfort.

OH and the AM radio. Ahhhhh
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #46
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

My early 40th birthday present to myself.

VW's limited edition 1950's throwback to the original Beetle. I drove with the top down yesterday and LOVED it! <3
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post: