Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default What Gives You Peace?

If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

What do You do to center Yourself...to bring peace to Your soul?

~Diva

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Right now, sleep would give me peace.

I'll revisit this thread much later, when I'm more alert and give my view(s).

-Scorp-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
If You've had a cruddy day, what do You do to 'shake it off'? Meditate? Listen to music? Read? Walk?

~Diva

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Take a nice, long bath.

Listen to music and read upstairs while the guys watch TV downstairs (I'm not big on TV).

Masturbate.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Nature
My Faith
Sometimes just being in the presents of friends - not talking but being together
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

- a good cigar
- a quiet moment just listening to the world whiz by
- going for a long (8 hours+) bike ride and getting lost in the country with not a soul around
- playing WoW
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

~ Music........always the music.........<smile>

~Talking to my daughter

~Talking to The Berry

~Standing on my terrace, listening to the crunching of leaves in the woods, knowing that the deer are there.....

~Having a houseful of people, all talking and laughing....I could stand off to the side and listen to them for forever.....all that noise? Yes....it gives me peace! Go figure!

~A cup of coffee and quiet conversation in The Quiet Room

~Diva

Old 06-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

tonight, there's a soft rain...
Taking a nap today is preventing me from sleeping now...
The rain is a gentle drizzle and so refreshing...
So I decided to walk down my long driveway to check the mailbox for my Netflix... with flashlight in hand, I was so delighted to take a slow stroll in bare feet and hear nothing but the sounds of nature and so content NOT to hear any city noises... no traffic, no trains, no obnoxious neighbors and NO fire department or police sirens!! Pennsylvania has the MOST annoying fire sirens that sound like 1940's ear piercing air raid sirens!! And for some strange reason, I always ended up living near the fire department.

Tonight... all I heard was the rain and LOTS of Spring Peepers and Bull Frogs. I could sit out hear all night... on a little hill in my Hundred Acre Wood.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

it depends on what's going on for me.

Recently, I spent the weekend with two of my best friends at the beach and I was able to just be in the moment: enjoying the lull of the ocean surf, the dark stormy clouds on the horizon as the sun was nearly gone to the lone calls of birds up above and all of us giggling in merriment over things we were talking about... I need to do that more often - just get away, unplug from everything and just be with friends (or even on my own) out in nature.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #9
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

water
breeze
music
blue
still of night
sleeping pets
being lost in a book
the serenity of being surrounded by books in the silence of the library - or - art in a museum
thinking only of the present moment
good smells
running my hands and feet through the cool sand
pulling the blanket up over my ears in bed
overcoming obstacles
remembering i'm doing the best i can
unconditional love

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #10
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Peace

Silence
meditation
music
building things
fixing things
riding around in the country with my big brother
camp fires
thunderstorms
gardening
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

What brings me peace...

Tilting my face toward the sunlight, closing my eyes, and feeling the warmth on my skin.

Sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch at dusk, and watching the sun turn the sky into the prettiest shades of pink & purple cotton candy at sunset.

Looking out at the waves at the beach, as they crash upon the shore, and feeling the salty breeze on my skin.

A lil' ME time, with a nice glass of wine, a good book & curled up on the couch in my leopard print Snuggie (hey, don't judge)
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

Graphics... Creating something pretty, at times I can lose myself in it for hours. I created the one in my signature line, but it's not one of my best, just one that would fit well.. lol

*edit for clarification* I do not draw the women, I just put them all together add some special effects, etc... In the one in my sig line, the woman on the left side was drawn just for me by the artist Ismael Rac. It's for sale in the site where he sells his graphics for public use, but I got to commission her for being member of the month at his forum. The full one is so cool, she's in leather corset, panties, garter, and has stockings, and she's holding a riding crop. He made a separate version that is only mine, that no one else can even buy where she has red streaks in her hair, and has leather studded collar and bracelets.

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #13
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

The thought of a small white cottage with lacy curtains blowing in the wind....all white inside and out, with sky blue ceilings and a porch swing......a place to write.....and it sits on a cliff, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.....

I don't know if such a place exists....but the thought of it gives me peace just the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Walking on the beach
Watching the waves
Smoking a really good cigar
A nice gentle breeze
Drinking a really good cup of coffee or a mixed drink
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

I was having a bad day yesterday. I recently had a procedure that has had me trapped in the house for the past week.... I felt like I was going to bust outta my skin yesterday. Sooooo, I had someone come pick me up and take me to their place for a while. Sometimes just doing something entirely different helps me a LOT. Other times, complete silence is my soothing medicine. I can sit in silence all by myself for a good long time and come out of it greatly calmed down and with a new attitude. Then of course there's always critter love. Who can stay in a funk with fur babies lovin on them? I know I can't

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

The sight, sound, and smell of the ocean
My son's laughter
Hearing a voice that I miss
The smell of autumn
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #17
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Silence gives me peace.
I like to sit in silence and let my thoughts do it's thing and when all is said and done I can re-process.

Hot baths/showers work wonders too.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Gut wrenching, soul stirring music.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2009, 03:06 AM   #19
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Sometimes I go to St. Jude's Shrine and just sit in a pew for a few hours. All walks of life come into the Shrine for everything from sight-seeing, to praying for a miracle, for shelter for a few hours, to just having some peace and quiet.

Sometimes I go and look at the stain glass windows, other times I go when the organists is practicing, and then there are times when I just go and sit and think.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post

~Diva

Music does, indeed, soothe the savage beast. At least the beast within me when I get riled up, am frustrated, or just feeling crappy. I pop my headphones on and jam out as I see fit in my own little world. The music I choose depends upong my mood and will also determine what I feel like after my little retreat.

If I'm angry or frustrated, Disturbed or Three Days Grace or Breaking Benjamin is good. If I am contemplative, One Republic or Daughtry or John Mayer or Rob Thomas is good. If I'm just kind of rowdy, Nickelback or Pitbull or Ciara is good. If I'm feeling sweet, Colbie Caillat or Demi Lovato or Mandy Moore is good.

These are good singers and groups that I consider my 'go to' music, but there are several acts that have produced music that can fit into different categories, such as Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Bianca Ryan, and T-SO.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: