Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fore! The love of the game. Let's tee it up!

I love to golf....I hack up the course most of the time, but it only takes 1 good shot in a round to make me wanna go back out there again.

I would like to hear about where people play, good shots, bad scores, Birdies, eagles.....the dreaded triple bogies ( if I could only putt!) I certainly will be posting mine....The last round I played..... 103!

My next round is scheduled for June 27.

OSB
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

I know someone who wants to go to school to become a pro. I, myself, do not know anything about the game, and I am pretty sure that I would hurt myself in the only non-contact sports out there....lol.

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lillith For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
I know someone who wants to go to school to become a pro. I, myself, do not know anything about the game, and I am pretty sure that I would hurt myself in the only non-contact sports out there....lol.
Ever thought of being a caddie? I loved it when my girl took me to a golf course for a birthday present. She drove the cart....I actually told her to turn in the wrong place and just about got us killed
Old 06-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
lillith

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you!

lillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputationlillith Has the BEST Reputation

That's awesome....well the birthday present anyway. But you didn't die! So YAY!

now how can you ignore a dancing pink elephant?

and how i so wish it would rain here.
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillith View Post
That's awesome....well the birthday present anyway. But you didn't die! So YAY!
Yes, it was! And she never let me forget that I did that either
Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Looks like I am going to the driving range this Thursday. We have an odd range here, not just wacking the wee white little balls. The have made it game of target golf with electronic golf balls and a scoring system. It is called Top Golf. I am looking forward to it!
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I love to golf!!!!!! I'm a newbie to it but i enjoy it so much!!!

When my Dad passed away i got his really good golf clubs, bag, all that stuff. I had never golfed before so i tried it. I instantly fell in love with it.

I don't go often anymore, but i miss it. I was actually not bad, not great, but not that bad.

I bought the balls with the pink ribbon for breast cancer on them and they are cute.

Driving the golf cart and packin peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the day is fun too!!!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i have always wanted to try golf!
it seems relaxing, and love Belle's description of it actually!
i want some cute golf balls LOL!

i have gone to the driving range not far from my place and that was pretty relaxing.. but i want the whole experience, i'd love to take it up! i need a golfing buddy!! i don't know anyone who golfs or that is open to taking it up, well until Mtn.. *smiles* yayness!! i was thrilled when He said He would try it with me!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

You should keep it up, if just going to the range. It is great. Years ago when I played much better, I would go to the course by myself. Since I was a single golfer, I usually had to join a group of men to make a fore-some. You could see it in their eyes when I would walk up to join them....It was the "oh geeze, we have to play with a girl" look...
I normally played from the white tees, but in these instances, I would play from the red forward tees (sometimes referred to as the Ladies Tee).

After a couple of holes of them playing from everywhere but the fairway and me pretty much not in the woods, they would ask why I was playing from the red.... "Because," I would say, "These are the ladies tee."

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I love to golf!!!!!! I'm a newbie to it but i enjoy it so much!!!

When my Dad passed away i got his really good golf clubs, bag, all that stuff. I had never golfed before so i tried it. I instantly fell in love with it.

I don't go often anymore, but i miss it. I was actually not bad, not great, but not that bad.

I bought the balls with the pink ribbon for breast cancer on them and they are cute.

Driving the golf cart and packin peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the day is fun too!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
You should keep it up, if just going to the range. It is great. Years ago when I played much better, I would go to the course by myself. Since I was a single golfer, I usually had to join a group of men to make a fore-some. You could see it in their eyes when I would walk up to join them....It was the "oh geeze, we have to play with a girl" look...
I normally played from the white tees, but in these instances, I would play from the red forward tees (sometimes referred to as the Ladies Tee).

After a couple of holes of them playing from everywhere but the fairway and me pretty much not in the woods, they would ask why I was playing from the red.... "Because," I would say, "These are the ladies tee."
Good for you!!!! I wish i had the "whatever" it takes to do something like that...play by myself. I guess i'm still so new and not sure which club to use for what that i am not that comfortable yet.

Honestly, i take offence to some of these bio male golfers who think they are helping out the "lost" girl and try and show me what i'm doing wrong. If i wanted help i would ask. Sorta pisses me off....actually more than sorta.

I at least need to go to a driving range. I could probably muster up enough self confidence to do that maybe.

It sure is a wonderful feeling to see that little ball fly through the air and actually head where it is suppose to be heading.

Thanks for the thread!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i have always wanted to try golf!
it seems relaxing, and love Belle's description of it actually!
i want some cute golf balls LOL!

i have gone to the driving range not far from my place and that was pretty relaxing.. but i want the whole experience, i'd love to take it up! i need a golfing buddy!! i don't know anyone who golfs or that is open to taking it up, well until Mtn.. *smiles* yayness!! i was thrilled when He said He would try it with me!
Hi sylvie. Here at the local community college they offer beginners golf lessons. Both my mom and younger sister took the class so they could join their hubbies on the course.

I certainly would encourage you and everyone to give it a try. Private instruction can be a bit pricey, but is well worth it to avoid starting out with bad habits. Most driving ranges and golf courses have a teaching pro on staff. They have all the clubs for you to use too so you don't have to buy before you get addicted!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Go for it! The driving range is the best place to find out which clubs to use for distance. Once you get comfy swinging and making contact with that wee white ball, I promise your confidence with grow!
As for the men out there, I just don't care to waste the time and energy on their ignorance. I just will not let them or anyone ruin my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
Good for you!!!! I wish i had the "whatever" it takes to do something like that...play by myself. I guess i'm still so new and not sure which club to use for what that i am not that comfortable yet.

Honestly, i take offence to some of these bio male golfers who think they are helping out the "lost" girl and try and show me what i'm doing wrong. If i wanted help i would ask. Sorta pisses me off....actually more than sorta.

I at least need to go to a driving range. I could probably muster up enough self confidence to do that maybe.

It sure is a wonderful feeling to see that little ball fly through the air and actually head where it is suppose to be heading.

Thanks for the thread!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

I actually live right by a public golf course but have never been. I haven't played golf for years, since I was a kid really and went to the driving range with my dad. I had my own 5 iron and 5 wood and they had to be teeny tiny because I am super-short. I do always look at the used golf clubs at the thrift store kind of wistfully. Maybe I should think about finding a good driving range around here, it would be good stress relief.

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Hi SimpleAlaskanBoy. Doesn't the public course have a driving range? I am vertically challenged too. I still go ahead and use a man's standard length club. I figure the extra length will get me more distance from club club head speed than the shorter and whippier ladies clubs. Hell, I would take a lousy driving range than none at all. I really enjoy making that little ball fly Go ahead and find a range!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleAlaskanBoy View Post
I actually live right by a public golf course but have never been. I haven't played golf for years, since I was a kid really and went to the driving range with my dad. I had my own 5 iron and 5 wood and they had to be teeny tiny because I am super-short. I do always look at the used golf clubs at the thrift store kind of wistfully. Maybe I should think about finding a good driving range around here, it would be good stress relief.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #15
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I love to golf!!! I just got a new set of irons... Callaway Diablo Edge. I use a Taylormade Superfast driver. I am in the market for a new putter also. I had been playing with my old clubs since 99, I think.

Im not that good. but I have a great time! Like OS said earlier, its that one great shot you make that keeps you coming back!

How bout Rory??!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
I love to golf!!! I just got a new set of irons... Callaway Diablo Edge. I use a Taylormade Superfast driver. I am in the market for a new putter also. I had been playing with my old clubs since 99, I think.

Im not that good. but I have a great time! Like OS said earlier, its that one great shot you make that keeps you coming back!

How bout Rory??!!!
Hey there Cowboi. I love my irons.... Callaway Steelhead X-16. I have had them for a number of years...not sure.

I have a mix of woods. Taylormade 9.5* SuperSteel 250 Driver, a Taylormade 5 wood, Callaway 3 & 7 woods.

Let me know when you get one and give me a review. I need a new putter.....but my fear is it is operator error rather than the putter!

Last edited by OS Butch; 06-20-2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: argh!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

LoL yepper OS, Im sure in my case its the Indian, not the arrow!!!!
I have been using the first putter I ever bought. I am putting together a complete new bag of goodies!!! I am getting ready to replace my 3 and 5 fairway woods, also in the Taylormade Superfast. I had the chance to go in the booth, and try them out. I seemed to hit them the best.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #18
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

I love Demo Days that are held here at some of the better driving ranges. All the manufacturers bring their new lines and and you can test them. There is one place that lets you place rent the new clubs for a day to play them on a course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
LoL yepper OS, Im sure in my case its the Indian, not the arrow!!!!
I have been using the first putter I ever bought. I am putting together a complete new bag of goodies!!! I am getting ready to replace my 3 and 5 fairway woods, also in the Taylormade Superfast. I had the chance to go in the booth, and try them out. I seemed to hit them the best.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #19
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS Butch View Post
Hi sylvie. Here at the local community college they offer beginners golf lessons. Both my mom and younger sister took the class so they could join their hubbies on the course.

I certainly would encourage you and everyone to give it a try. Private instruction can be a bit pricey, but is well worth it to avoid starting out with bad habits. Most driving ranges and golf courses have a teaching pro on staff. They have all the clubs for you to use too so you don't have to buy before you get addicted!
There is a guy i work with that actually had private instruction and the pricing wasnt that bad.. i think maybe because he knew him, i will have to ask him some questions about that, because i would love to learn properly - and would love to learn prior to putting money into buying clubs, etc..

the whole thought is kind of exciting..
when i was young, i used to escape the homelife and go to the golf course, we lived in a small country community which had a school, a store and a golf course.. i would often sit and watch and follow golfers around for hours and found much peace there, actually.. and always wanted to learn..♥

thanks for the encouragement and advice!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #20
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
There is a guy i work with that actually had private instruction and the pricing wasnt that bad.. i think maybe because he knew him, i will have to ask him some questions about that, because i would love to learn properly - and would love to learn prior to putting money into buying clubs, etc..

the whole thought is kind of exciting..
when i was young, i used to escape the homelife and go to the golf course, we lived in a small country community which had a school, a store and a golf course.. i would often sit and watch and follow golfers around for hours and found much peace there, actually.. and always wanted to learn..♥

thanks for the encouragement and advice!
You are very welcome. Take the 1st step and see what facilities are close. Take your time and be very patient. Let us know how you are doing