stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Claddagh rings

Anyone wear them? I wear one to represent where I am romantically. (On left ring-finger, heart pointed in)
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
Anyone wear them? I wear one to represent where I am romantically. (On left ring-finger, heart pointed in)
Just googled. Appearantly the heart should point out for now. (out=engaged in=married)
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,768 Times in 982 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Yes I have one don't remember how it is suppose to be worn if you are available lol. Guess I'll have to check it out. Love what it stands for ---love ,loyalty and friendship I believe.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,768 Times in 982 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Claddagh rings are often used as friendship rings, but are most commonly used as engagement/wedding rings. In Ireland, America and other places, the Claddagh is handed down mother-to-daughter or grandmother-to-granddaughter. The way that a Claddagh ring is worn on the hand is usually intended to convey the wearer's relationship status:

On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips, the wearer is single and may be looking for love. (This is most commonly the case when a young woman has first received the ring from a relative, unless she is already engaged).
On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist, the wearer is in a relationship, or their heart has been "captured".
On the left hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips, the wearer is engaged.
On the left hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist, the wearer is married.[1]
There are other localised variations in the traditions involving the hand and the finger upon which the Claddagh is worn. Folklore about the ring is relatively recent, not ancient, with "very little native Irish writing about the ring".[2]
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
cheekyali

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Happily single

cheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputationcheekyali Has the BEST Reputation

Having family that was from Galway (and not distant family either), the Claddagh plays a big part for me.

I wear mine on my right hand (just cos the left one is taken lol).

It means so much to me that I got a claddagh tattoo on my back so I will always have it, even when I take off the ring at work.

Should add, I was going to get a Claddagh wedding ring, but, it would be too much for me.
cheekyali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cheekyali For This Useful Post:

Tags
ring