Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

I was thinking some more about your question and my answer ahk. In addition to quality of work, and feedback from guys to went to him, I also chose Dr. Raphael because of the connection between their office and the hotel I stayed at. There was a shuttle. And there was no cost. The hotel was great and there was a discount because of what I was there for. And the nursing staff really follows up. As it has been said, you have to go with the one you're most comfortable with. I chose to deal with the distance, and logistics of travel to go to the Doctor and team I felt the most at ease with.

I wish you well in your journey.

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #122
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone, forgive my intrusion, but I am looking for some help for a friend. A young transman here in Nanaimo, will be in SF next month for his top surgery. I'm just looking for a few folks that might be willing to do lunch or coffee or something with him and his girlfriend. They really have no support system down there, and dont know anyone.
If you might be able and willing to meet up with this couple, send me a PM, I will pass it along. He is a good guy, VERY strong and active in the queer/trans youth program here in Nanaimo.

Thanks
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #123
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

I got one one reply, could use a couple more maybe? I know its a lot, asking for help for total strangers, but these are good peeps!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #124
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
I got one one reply, could use a couple more maybe? I know its a lot, asking for help for total strangers, but these are good peeps!
you might want to post in the bay area stuff thread ... and see if you get any response there? A lot of us on this thread don't live in the bay area so hard to help out!

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...072#post698072
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #125
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Hey, guys, I didn't know about this organization until today

http://inabind.transactiveonline.org/

It is a 21 years old and under transguys binder program. Everyone knows about the Big Brother Binder program (for trans 18 and older), but I didn't know about the above. Right now Big Brother Binder program is actually suggesting people donate to the teen site because Big Brother is not in need.

So, if anyone has any extra binders around or have gotten surgery/going to get surgery, consider sending your binders to them.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #126
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Binding Dangers

Also, I never thought about any serious dangers associated with using actual chest binders, only bandages/tape. I haven't seen any threads in the trans or butch zones on binding.

Take care of yourselves, folks!

http://theartoftransition.net/chest-...tm-transition/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #127
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

As a comment about Dr. Raphael, I did a consult with him, earlier this year, about transition related surgery, and felt very comfortable with him. I would certainly consider him for my surgeries. Unfortunately, he doesn't do bottom surgery for mtfs.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #128
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
As a comment about Dr. Raphael, I did a consult with him, earlier this year, about transition related surgery, and felt very comfortable with him. I would certainly consider him for my surgeries. Unfortunately, he doesn't do bottom surgery for mtfs.
Hey, Nadeest, I just wanted to say that I hope that you either talk in this thread, or create a new one, for support from this community if/when you do get any trans related surgeries.

I don't think we have a thread for any other surgery (for any gender), besides this top surgery thread. I hope all members feel like they can share any surgery here at the Planet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #129
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Will do, DapperButch. I went there to consult with him about an orchidectomy (um, this is where they remove the testicles, but not the testicular sac, which is useful for later SRS), which he does do, as well as breast augmentation and lipo. The nice thing was that he didn't think that I needed FFS (Facial Feminization Surgery) or a trachea shave.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #130
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Will do, DapperButch. I went there to consult with him about an orchidectomy (um, this is where they remove the testicles, but not the testicular sac, which is useful for later SRS), which he does do, as well as breast augmentation and lipo. The nice thing was that he didn't think that I needed FFS (Facial Feminization Surgery) or a trachea shave.
That is pretty great that you don't need any FFS or trachea shave! Awesome. I would bet that kind of surgery would be a painful recovery.

I know less about MTF surgeries than I do FTM. Since the testicles are being removed, does this mean one would no longer have to take t-blockers?

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #131
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default My Turn!

Hey, everyone! On 10/10/13, I had top surgery with Dr. Garramone in Florida. I had the double incision method. http://drgarramone.com/

My chest looks fantastic, and I couldn't be happier. It was a fantastic experience, and the man is a genuis.

As you all can see in my profile, I don't define as FTM, but as transgender butch (male leaning). I am not on testosterone. I thought it important to share that I got this surgery because I think that butches are getting these surgeries/thinking about getting these surgeries, but just aren't talking about it (I have seen them talk about it in the past, on other b/f forums). I am not sure why the change, I am wondering if butches getting top surgery is no longer supported by the community so they are afraid to talk about it? Don't know.

Anyway, it is the best thing I ever did. I agonized over the decision for 15 years. The struggle was not about whether or not I wanted a "male" chest, but how that would fit into my life as a person who professionally (and in some areas, personally), lives as female. I would be ok just binding for a few years and then it would rear its ugly head again. I would shove it back down and then carry on. I decided I was sick of dealing with it and the reality is that my presentation most likely wouldn't change all that much because my many years of binding had already resulted in looking pretty damn flat, anyway.

What I was hoping for and was pleased to see, is that you can still have a defined chest without testosterone. Although I know that some of it is swelling, Dr. Garramone was quick to point out that my definition is due to my own body composition. Again, I am extremely pleased.

I have a lot of information and suggestions to share with anyone considering getting this done. Being that we are mostly a b-f site, and it is mostly transmen that get this surgery, the discussion on this thread may not significantly increase, but I want to put out there that I would be happy to answer any questions on looking for a surgeon, the process, and recovery with all genders even though it is in the trans zone.

I considered posting this in the butch zone as I fear butches may not feel comfortable posting in the trans zone, but I think it is important all top surgery information/resources remain in one thread on this site (plus, of course I wanted to share with my trans* brothers and sisters here!). I think that Koop/The Oopster would welcome any gender who is considering top surgery, to this thread.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #132
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Dapper, thank you so much for posting this. Those familiar with me on the site know I am a very proud butch woman and completely a She with no plans to transition. However, I am also a stone butch and not really in sync with my breasts. I would love to have top surgery and have thought about it for a long time. I have never seriously looked into it because I don't have the money for the surgery. I don't know if I will ever be able to afford it, or if my age will be an issue if I ever do have the money. I am 51 now. I also have wondered what issues it would raise for me, both medically and socially, if I did decide to do it. I don't know what issues would be different for someone like me who is not male or trans-identified.

We did have a discussion years ago on the Dash site with many butches who were not trans-identified who did discuss this issue. So that is why I decided to post. Thank you again Dapper.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #133
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Dapper, thank you so much for posting this. Those familiar with me on the site know I am a very proud butch woman and completely a She with no plans to transition. However, I am also a stone butch and not really in sync with my breasts. I would love to have top surgery and have thought about it for a long time. I have never seriously looked into it because I don't have the money for the surgery. I don't know if I will ever be able to afford it, or if my age will be an issue if I ever do have the money. I am 51 now. I also have wondered what issues it would raise for me, both medically and socially, if I did decide to do it. I don't know what issues would be different for someone like me who is not male or trans-identified.

We did have a discussion years ago on the Dash site with many butches who were not trans-identified who did discuss this issue. So that is why I decided to post. Thank you again Dapper.
Hey, Bulldog. Glad you posted. Maybe a thread in the Butch Zone for Butches (of all genders - women and third gendered, other?) to discuss top surgery is warranted. I didn't want to muddle the thread here with that discussion as I wanted to keep the focus on information/resources, as it was designed.

I would love to read/participate in a discussion over there. In respect of the butch zone, even though I identify as butch, I think it would be great if a non trans-identifying butch started that thread. What do you think?

Yes, the dash site is what I was referring to. I remember reading about it in the Transgender Butch section, but I hear you saying it was discussed elsewhere.

---------------

To respond to your comment about age, I can tell you that I have seen youtube videos of older people (admittedly, they were all on testosterone) who had top surgery. With a double incision the skin is cut and pulled tightly, so I don't really see age making a difference (if you are speaking to the issue of how our breasts/chests sag as we age).

Last edited by DapperButch; 10-20-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I always mess up
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #134
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Surgery completed 10/10/13

1) How many surgeons did you consult before deciding who was going to do your surgery?
Two, Dr. Beverly Fischer (Timonium, MD) and Dr. Charles Garramone (Davie, FL)
2) Who did your surgery?
Garrmone
3) Are you happy with the results?
Absolutely. I am over the moon.
4) Did you need any revisions?
Too early to tell, but I doubt it very much.
5) What procedure did you have?
Double incision. Garramone also does "mansculpture" which is liposuction of the hips and thighs to create a more male physique
6) What was your recovery process like?
Great. I stayed at New Beginnings in Delray Beach, FL, which is a group home for top surgery guys recovering from surgery. They take you to/from your appts/surgery, the grocery store, to pick up prescriptions, etc. Unfortunately, they had to temporarily close this past week. TF was of course amazing in my recovery and made me healthy foods in the kitchen. It was cheap and it was great to be around other transguys as they healed. I started out the process with another guy there and we ended together. It was great. did I say great? Yes, I did.
7) Did you do anything to prepare for the surgery?
Making sure I ate healthy and did cardio workouts to be as in shape as possible cardiovascularly for quick recovery. I also worked on my pecs, however, this is not necessary. Dr. Garramone follows the line of your pec muscle with his incisions (he cuts under the line of the pec). He certainly is able to find that muscle without large pecs! It is notable to say that I am not on testosterone and still have a defined chest. Your mileage will vary based on your natural muscle definition, of course, but I believe he gives the best result for the non-testosterone using patient.
8) How much time did you have to take off work?
I am taking two weeks because I have a desk job.
9) Is there anything you wish you would have done any differently?
Me, being who I am, did extensive research on what I needed to do before surgery and what I needed to bring. However, I did not focus on my abdominal muscles prior to surgery as much as I should have. You have to use your abs to lift your body up and down as you can't use your arms to assist you, so I had some soreness in my abs for a day or so. Additionally, I would bring a loofah with a handle for lower body washing while standing in shower during recovery so you don't have to bend over/stretch incisions. Those are the only two things I missed.
10) What questions did you ask the surgeon?
WAY too much to write!
11) What didn't you ask that you wish you would have?
Nothing really
12) what resources did you use in helping to decide what surgeon to go to or for what questions to ask?
The MOST important thing I think a person who is getting this surgery can do to determine surgeon is go to transbucket.com to look at surgery results.
13) What online resources do you know of?

http://transbucket.com/
http://www.ftmguide.org/chest.html

14) What supplements did you use, if any?

http://www.vitamedica.com/products/r...pport-program/
http://www.vitamedica.com/products/r...na-30x-bottle/
*Curcumin (Tumeric) for inflammation
*Probiotics

15) Any surgery recovery tips?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emmettp/things-you-may-not-know-you-need-for-your-ftm-ches-dcoa

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #135
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Yes, I would no longer have to take T-blockers ( my anti-androgen). I would also be able to cut down on my intake of estrogen, considerably.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #136
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Supplements and healing

Hey, guys. I just wanted to add that at 7 days when I got the bandages off I had minimal swelling and no bruising. I really believe it is a function of the supplements I took. Now, at 11 days, there is only a small amount of swelling left under my arms. I can say that most every other surgery picture I have seen (and I have seen 100's), have significantly more swelling than I do at this point in my recovery. The typical line by surgeons is that swelling can take up to 3 months to go away.

I think that the VitaMedica Recovery Support Program/Arnica Montana is the explanation for it (I put both links in my prior post). I would suspect that the Curcumin/Tumeric also plays a big part in the minimal swelling (inflammation), I have. You can get Curcumin/Tumeric very cheap (like $12.00/bottle), so at minimum get this supplement. Take it in large quantities (it is safe), for one-two weeks prior to sugery, and until the swelling goes away after surgery.

I take Curcumin supplements on a regular basis anyway, as I believe that inflammation in our bodies (internally), is the root of many diseases.

You can get the Arnica cheap, too. So, I guess what I am suggesting is that if you cannot afford the Recovery Support Program (which includes the Vitamins and the Bromelain with Quercetin), find a cheap vitamin site and pick up some Curcumin/Tumeric and Arnica. You should be able to get them for $40 total.

I hope that more guys answer The Oopster's list of questions. I know that there are other transguys/butches on this site that have gotten top surgery and have a wealth of information to share.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #137
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation
Default arnica

Dapperbutch that is interesting on the arnica.

Did you have to have tubes?

The only other person that used arnica besides me that I know of didn't have to have tubes. Neither did I

I have always wondered so it's interesting to hear someone else used it and had minimal bruising and swelling also.

I only used arnica, nothing else.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #138
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
Dapperbutch that is interesting on the arnica.

Did you have to have tubes?

The only other person that used arnica besides me that I know of didn't have to have tubes. Neither did I

I have always wondered so it's interesting to hear someone else used it and had minimal bruising and swelling also.

I only used arnica, nothing else.
Hey, Oopster, did you see I took over your thread?

Yes, I had tubes.

I remember reading earlier in the thread that Thinker used Arnica too. I don't know if he had tubes or not.

Unfortunately, I had tubes. The things hurt. A lot. The right side came out fine and is healing nicely. The left side got jacked up and now I have a knot that feels like scar tissue. I hope it will settle down. I think what happened was that when I was moving from recovery bed to chair a nurse was holding my arm and I sat down more quckly than she expected. I can still remember what that pull felt like. Or it wasn't laying perfectly flat when he wrapped my chest over top of the tubing. That is more likely, as it would have been the incisions that pulled when the nurse was holding my arm.

Anyway, my plan, if it doesn't heal nicely (still have swelling under my arms so I have to wait to see), is to get Dr. Beverely Fischer to revise it. She is only 50 miles from me and Garramone is 1,000! I hope it is just a snip and stitch in the office. Whether or not I get it done though would be based on cost.

Otherwise, I am healing amazingly well. It is weird. So far about three inches of steri strip has come off from under my right pec. The incision is completely closed, not red, and it looks like just natural skin. How crazy is that? Where the strips are coming off under my arms it doesn't look that way, but the incisions are very thin. Of course, I know they will widen over time, but they look good for now!

Did you use anything on your scars? I am using ScarGuard in the areas where the steri strips are coming off. When it all comes off (probably this week), I will start using Scar Away strips.

How are your scars? It has been 3.5 years now for you. How do you like your overall results? Would you use the same surgeon again?

Garramone told me there really is nothing one can do for widening scars. He says he had a patient contacted him a year later for a referral to a physical therapist. The guy moved his arms so little over a one years time since surgery, that he had "frozen shoulder". Garramone said the guy's scars ended up widening anyway. Although I am going to use the above products, I am not overly concerned about scarring. I am just thrilled I got it done. F* any scars I may end up having.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #139
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

thinker didn't have tubes. So far he's the only one besides me that I know hasn't.

I had a hard lump on my right side and it was bruised but that was all do to the lypsosunction.

I think my scars are pretty good. my dr just recommended nivea. I also have used other vitamin e products. The key is to lightly massage the scar to keep the scar tissue from building up. I don't have any chest hair so there is no hiding mine.

I haven't tried it but I had an occupational therapist who wanted me to use cheese cloth soaked in castor oil on my other scars to break down the scar tissue.

I definitely would go to the same dr if he is still practicing. He is older so not sure how much longer he will be doing it.

I'm very happy with mine. I do have little pugee's on the side but when I lose weight they go down. I've always gained weight in my chest so I figure doing something about them would be pointless. Exercise is my best bet!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #140
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, everyone! On 10/10/13, I had top surgery with Dr. Garramone in Florida. I had the double incision method. http://drgarramone.com/

My chest looks fantastic, and I couldn't be happier. It was a fantastic experience, and the man is a genuis.

As you all can see in my profile, I don't define as FTM, but as transgender butch (male leaning). I am not on testosterone. I thought it important to share that I got this surgery because I think that butches are getting these surgeries/thinking about getting these surgeries, but just aren't talking about it (I have seen them talk about it in the past, on other b/f forums). I am not sure why the change, I am wondering if butches getting top surgery is no longer supported by the community so they are afraid to talk about it? Don't know.
I think it is great that you posted this. I am in a similar boat in that I am not on T and for a number of reasons it is not practical for me. I have been basically ignorant of this possibility. When I knew T was unlikely for me I shelved the whole idea because I had the impression it was a prerequisite. I don't know about the community support with butches. Maybe it could be as simple as being like me and just not knowing it is available as a stand alone procedure. One can hope.

This is really encouraging and I am starting into researching options now that I know there are some! I am fairly small chested so a reduction would not be of any particular help to me and would not give me the result I would want (male appearing chest) anyway. I have done some other things along the way that would fall into the category of transition steps and have been very happy with them. This would be a terrific step to add.

It would be a couple of years down the road due to unrelated family issues and I have to consider my age, 52, but I think this looks like a really great option. Since there will be some wait for me it will give me time to really get my research down. I like Garramones work a lot, his results look great. I am also looking into Brownsteins practice. It has recently changed hands and is now being run by Dr Crane. I will be able to see how he develops over some time but his credentials are solid. The fact that it would be local for me would mean quite a savings in travel as well as being able to recover at home.

Thanks to Oopster and the other guys for this thread. You don't know it, but I have been reading back through all of the trans threads and been getting really helpful information from all of you. Thanks.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: