Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default T for Two and Two for T....

Picture me upon your knee,
Just tea for two and two for tea,
Just you for me and me for you, alone!

Nobody near us,
to see us or hear us,
No friends or relations
on weekend vacations
We won't have it known, dear,
That we own a telephone.

Day will break and you'll awake
and I will bake
sugar cake for you to take
for all the boys to see.
/: We will raise a family,
a girl for you, a boy for me,
Oh, can't you see how happy we would be?

Cute song.

But what about T as in testosterone? How close is the above to your experience of being partnered with someone on T?

Discuss.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
Picture me upon your knee,
Just tea for two and two for tea,
Just you for me and me for you, alone!

Nobody near us,
to see us or hear us,
No friends or relations
on weekend vacations
We won't have it known, dear,
That we own a telephone.

Day will break and you'll awake
and I will bake
sugar cake for you to take
for all the boys to see.
/: We will raise a family,
a girl for you, a boy for me,
Oh, can't you see how happy we would be?

Cute song.

But what about T as in testosterone? How close is the above to your experience of being partnered with someone on T?

Discuss.

Words
The above is not close to my experience of being partnered with someone on T. I relate more to "Fantastic Voyage" I think.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

It is a fantastic voyage but there are times - speaking of my personal experience here - when the voyage isn't quite so fantastic and I was curious as to whether or not I was alone in this.

I'll give you an example. I was prepared for the fact that in some respects, B's decision to go on T but not actually transition would somehow marginalize U/us even further than W/we were marginalized already. That, and the associated loneliness, I was prepared for. What I wasn't prepared for - and what, quite frankly, has taken me totally by surprise - is that even though B. still embraces Hys female self and is not actually transitioning, *I*, in most regards, relate to Hym as male. Not, in itself, a problem. Until I need my best friend, my female best friend, someone who, being a female herself, can understand what I'm going through. That 'someone' used to be B. And now it's not. Not because B. is no longer female but because *I* no longer relate to Hym as female and yes, that can, and does, sometimes make me feel lonely. (I'll give you a specific example. I have to undergo a test tomorrow that's pretty much focused on my 'girly bits'. It's a pretty high up there on the humilation kind of test and I'm not looking forward to it at all - truth is, I'm dreading it - but because it relates to my girly bits, I'm not comfortable talking about it with B.)

So...can anyone relate to this?

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
It is a fantastic voyage but there are times - speaking of my personal experience here - when the voyage isn't quite so fantastic and I was curious as to whether or not I was alone in this.

I'll give you an example. I was prepared for the fact that in some respects, B's decision to go on T but not actually transition would somehow marginalize U/us even further than W/we were marginalized already. That, and the associated loneliness, I was prepared for. What I wasn't prepared for - and what, quite frankly, has taken me totally by surprise - is that even though B. still embraces Hys female self and is not actually transitioning, *I*, in most regards, relate to Hym as male. Not, in itself, a problem. Until I need my best friend, my female best friend, someone who, being a female herself, can understand what I'm going through. That 'someone' used to be B. And now it's not. Not because B. is no longer female but because *I* no longer relate to Hym as female and yes, that can, and does, sometimes make me feel lonely. (I'll give you a specific example. I have to undergo a test tomorrow that's pretty much focused on my 'girly bits'. It's a pretty high up there on the humilation kind of test and I'm not looking forward to it at all - truth is, I'm dreading it - but because it relates to my girly bits, I'm not comfortable talking about it with B.)

Words
Yes I can relate to this. To a song no. To this yes. I was not sure what your intent was with this thread.

I can't say I relate to my partner as a man. I don't relate to Him as a best girlfriend either. I do sometimes feel lonely in that others can't understand how I relate to Him. By others I mean family or straight friends.

I wonder if I relate to Him differently than you relate to B because I met Him post T and He is also my one and only queer partner? I had no expectations or anything to compare it to.

I am curious if you can define "relating to Hym as male". Although I do not experience my partner as she or as a woman at all, I do not relate to Him as a male in the way that I have related to biomales. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying your intent. I hope you did not take my first post as flippant.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Words

I can sympathize with you, although I cannot directly or exactly relate or empathize, as my experience in a situation like this is limited. I would imagine it's a little bit like your best friend is on the other side of a glass wall. You see Hym but you cannot communicate nor receive the kind of communication back that you have been used to previously.

That didn't quite come out how it sounded in my head. Same glass wall, and you can see one another and you can hear Hym but Hy cannot hear you as you would like to be heard. There's that barrier between you, though you both can see through it.

I don't know if that's any better, but I think that I can understand, though not directly relate, to what you are feeling.

I wish you luck on your test tomorrow and may the process be as quick as possible.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote