Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Veteran Thread

Okay, Veterans Day is quick approaching and I thought we needed a thread just for us Vets who have worn the uniform of our country. Even if you're not American, shout out your pride of having served *your* country!!!

So, if you've served, time to sound off!! Mark your branch in the poll below and feel free to share some of your experiences in this thread.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
U.S. Marine Corps '79 - '81
Old 10-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I am proud of all the sacrifices my mother and I made while our vets served our country in Viet Nam. All told four tours of duty. Two vets. Two wives. And seven kids to be cared for.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I am proud of all the sacrifices my mother and I made while our vets served our country in Viet Nam. All told four tours of duty. Two vets. Two wives. And seven kids to be cared for.

Cheers to you!!!

Military Wife/Spouse/Significant Other.....the "toughest job in the Army/Navy/Air Force/Coast Guard/Marine Corps"!!! ...and it really, truly is!!!

....and that ain't no Sea Story!!!

~Theo~
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Goofy

How Do You Identify?:
Cheesecake Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
I'm blushing

Goofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST ReputationGoofy Has the BEST Reputation

US Army 1999-2008

by the way Theo, I noticed in the poll that the rest of us served, while you ARE a Marine
Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
US Army 1999-2008

by the way Theo, I noticed in the poll that the rest of us served, while you ARE a Marine

Hey Goofy!!! Thanks for *YOUR* service!!! (I was waiting for someone to point that out, btw)

Ya, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine"!!! Haven't you heard??

....because there are no "ex Marines".

We're Marines until the day we die.....then we go and guard the streets of Heaven.

HOOOAHHH Army!!!

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 10-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

my father served 22 years in the US Army. he retired an E-9.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not a Vet- just wanted to thank you all for your service! I'm tired of the general US public going to the mall, while service people in the US are going to war! Not my quote- heard it on a documentary about Vets and their families that have had multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. Really struck me- you bet I say thank you when I run into service people in my day to day life!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

USAF salute

Smoke Angels
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default wow JAGG

Jagg wrote,
I am a Marine. (once a Marine....) I was a drill instructor.
Loved every second I was there , I lived my dream. Got kicked out for being gay. You can read about it in a book called "Conduct Unbecoming." By Randy Shilts. Long story. Too long to explain. The book doesn't state all the facts, mainly because I refused to be interviewed by anyone. But court martials are public record, so they got most of the info from that, and then some other info from those who were willing to tell their story .So not always accurate, or the whole complete truth, since it didn't come straight from the horses' mouth, so to speak. None-the-less the book gives you the general idea of what happened.
But don't think I'm bitter, because nothing could be less true. I love the Marine Corps it was my dream to be a Marine. Although it was hard to have the dream taken away, I'm always proud to say I am a Marine. I lived my dream, not many people can say that. Some people live their whole life and never know what that feels like. But I do. And I will always be grateful for that. If I could add one more comment, don't hold it against the Marine Corps, because it wasn't the Corps , just a few homophobic people in it. I had a lot of secret support, from alot of straight hard corps Marines. Doing things that could have gotten them in big trouble, to help me as much as they could.
Hey Semper Fi Oddz. I'm all present and accounted for.
JAGG
Wow Jagg that is incredible. Just the fact that you were a Marine amazes me. I'm going to run out and buy that book. But OMG I can't believe you could be so positive. I know butches who get stared at in public and crumble to pieces, you must be very strong. So you have a book written about you. You are famous then. hahaha Will you autograph it for me? Seriously will you ? I bet it's an amazing story I can't wait to read it. You are an incredible interesting person, if you don't mind a compliment.
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #10
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Comment on: 'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders.

Subject: GovExec Story:

'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders.

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1010/102210cd2.htm

Go to the link above to read the entire story and the Pro and Con commens at the bottom. To the Vet's and familes and children of Please COMMENT. Tommi

'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders
By Sara Sorcher CongressDaily October 22, 2010

The three service secretaries now with the power to discharge any openly gay officer under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy have all voiced their support for a repeal of the controversial policy in the past, putting them at odds with the senior military commanders.

"It's the first time in the 20 years I've spent studying the military that there has been a split between the Defense Secretary and the Secretary of the Joint Chiefs [who have voiced support of legislative repeal] and the other chiefs," said professor David Segal, director of the University of Maryland's Center for Research on Military Organization.

A directive from Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Thursday limited discharges under the policy to an elite team of five: the Air Force, Army, and Navy Secretaries in conjunction with the Pentagon's legal counsel and the undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness.

(Link above please see and add your comments., The comments are being read by many.
Thanks Tommi.)
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerFem View Post
Wow Jagg that is incredible. Just the fact that you were a Marine amazes me. I'm going to run out and buy that book. But OMG I can't believe you could be so positive. I know butches who get stared at in public and crumble to pieces, you must be very strong. So you have a book written about you. You are famous then. hahaha Will you autograph it for me? Seriously will you ? I bet it's an amazing story I can't wait to read it. You are an incredible interesting person, if you don't mind a compliment.

It's not that exciting flower.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
It's not that exciting flower.

Well, my Brother, there aren't many who can say they've done what we've done. To us, we know and understand what it is to stand the watch and what it is to leave family and friends behind while we go to "exciting places" and do "exciting things". It's really not that exciting from our perspective, but from the ordinary civilian's viewpoint, what we do is pretty cool.

We did what other people only can dream about. All of us who have worn the uniform of our countries have made a profound difference that way. We are unique. The branches may be different, but we all stepped forward to volunteer, and for that we have done what many others have not done. No one forced us to join. We did it of our own free will and gladly so.

To those people who have such admiration for us, I say thank you. We Vets have made a very special contribution. We saw something larger than ourselves and made a conscious decision to make sacrifices not asked of others. We have many reasons to take pride in each of the uniforms we have worn, be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine. We are one family. We are Butch and we are Femme and there are many who live in the gray undefined areas between the two.

This thread is for all of us. This thread honors and celebrates all of our service. This thread is for those who appreciate our service, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted here in support of us.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #13
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

[/COLOR][/PHP][/HTML][/CODE][/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

Well, my Brother, there aren't many who can say they've done what we've done. To us, we know and understand what it is to stand the watch and what it is to leave family and friends behind while we go to "exciting places" and do "exciting things". It's really not that exciting from our perspective, but from the ordinary civilian's viewpoint, what we do is pretty cool.

We did what other people only can dream about. All of us who have worn the uniform of our countries have made a profound difference that way. We are unique. The branches may be different, but we all stepped forward to volunteer, and for that we have done what many others have not done. No one forced us to join. We did it of our own free will and gladly so.

To those people who have such admiration for us, I say thank you. We Vets have made a very special contribution. We saw something larger than ourselves and made a conscious decision to make sacrifices not asked of others. We have many reasons to take pride in each of the uniforms we have worn, be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine. We are one family. We are Butch and we are Femme and there are many who live in the gray undefined areas between the two.

This thread is for all of us. This thread honors and celebrates all of our service. This thread is for those who appreciate our service, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted here in support of us.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
I know Oddz. I meant the book isn't that exciting.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall is in my town today.
How humbling to stand in the presence of, and read(through tears) the names of so many that lost their lives.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I am Air Force for life...cause once you serve in any branch of the military you are...and always will be...a veteran, many of us served prior to everyone in a uniform being called a hero.... back in the olden days, you didnt wear your uniform off base, cause it was not safe..not cause of terrorists but to protect you from having eggs thrown at you, being called a baby killer and you could fool yourself into thinking you blended in with the civilians....
Always thought it was funny watching a group of service folk walking down the sidewalk thinking they blended in as they unknowingly marched in step....

Well blessings to all veterans and current active duty military personnel all over the world and for all countries....and I highly encourage every person that is a veteran to join "veterans For Peace" www.vfp.org The only way to keep all service people alive is to keep peace by dialog not by guns
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I am Air Force for life...cause once you serve in any branch of the military you are...and always will be...a veteran, many of us served prior to everyone in a uniform being called a hero.... back in the olden days, you didnt wear your uniform off base, cause it was not safe..not cause of terrorists but to protect you from having eggs thrown at you, being called a baby killer and you could fool yourself into thinking you blended in with the civilians....
Always thought it was funny watching a group of service folk walking down the sidewalk thinking they blended in as they unknowingly marched in step....

Well blessings to all veterans and current active duty military personnel all over the world and for all countries....and I highly encourage every person that is a veteran to join "veterans For Peace" www.vfp.org The only way to keep all service people alive is to keep peace by dialog not by guns

I so agree and I'm a Vet in US ARMY Intelligency communication MI

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Oh and the website is:
www.veteransforpeace.org
sorry about that
Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

The following pictures were taken in Santa Barbara, CA and I am using them as a representation of the images ingrained in my mind, which first prompted me to go to Iraq and spend one of year of my life...I did not go there in the military, although at the time I was still serving in the Air National Guard, I went as a civilian for a large defense contractor. My job consisted of rebuilding the communication infrastructure on various bases, a nice way of saying cable dog.... which means a splicer and installer of cabling and communication equipment. I will never forget the friends and troops I met in Iraq and I am uncertain, but some of them may not have come home....

Was I scared? You can bet I was.....nothing like having bombs and rounds going off daily while sleeping, working or hanging out with your friends. Would I take that year back....NEVER....I will never forget the troops who put their lives on the line...I just would like to say Thank You to our Military and others who risked their lives......Thank You Very Much.

Would I do it again? Perhaps Afghanistan, never know where I will be......My boots are still ready.

Last edited by Morgan; 02-14-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Morgan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
Dykea

How Do You Identify?:
I wear garters under my Carhartts
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single as fuck

Dykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST ReputationDykea Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm the ONLY Coastie!!!

So the CG get's NO RESPECT [[especially from squids and jarheads]] LOL
I'm a Coast Guard Vet... I have a 2 daughters active duty, a son just graduating from CG Basic and another Philistine daughter enlisting, leaving for Basic in January.

MY master plan??
To take over the Coast Guard.

Last edited by Dykea; 08-27-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: i don't want to offend squids and jarheads
Dykea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dykea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #20
Wolfsong

How Do You Identify?:
Aw man....another label?
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boys will be boys
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,031 Times in 418 Posts
Wolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST ReputationWolfsong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dykea View Post
So the CG get's NO RESPECT [[especially from squids and jarheads]] LOL
I'm a Coast Guard Vet... I have a 2 daughters active duty, a son just graduating from CG Basic and another Philistine daughter enlisting, leaving for Basic in January.

MY master plan??
To take over the Coast Guard.

Aw don't let those guys call you a bath tub sailor......your mission is bad ass. I'd be puking in my boots at the first set of 20' waves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfsong For This Useful Post: